By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Should Trump Become President?

RadiantDanceMachine said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

I'm not saying to not educate people, but this world inherently needs people without a college education to function.

I don't think you understand what inherently means.

I think I understand exactly what it means. If you think I don't know what it means, enlighten me. I'm really excited for this.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network

No. We don't need another Hitler running the most powerful country in the world.

Go to www.isidewith.com to see whose policies you agree with, instead of listening to someone preach about someone else.

ohmylanta1003 said:

I don't think you understand what inherently means.

I think I understand exactly what it means. If you think I don't know what it means, enlighten me. I'm really excited for this.

There is nothing intrinsic about the world which necessitates uneducated people in order to function.

Intrinsic to the term bachelor is being unmarried, since it's part of the very definition...not the case for the world...which has absolutely nothing to do with humans, let alone society, let alone anything...

Your opinion that you understand the word inherent is patently absurd...

ohmylanta1003 said:

There is nothing intrinsic about the world which necessitates uneducated people in order to function.

Intrinsic to the term bachelor is being unmarried, since it's part of the very definition...not the case for the world...which has absolutely nothing to do with humans, let alone society, let alone anything...

It's not an opinion. It's a fact that I understand the word and that I used it correctly. The world must have people in it that are less educated than others because there will always be duties that require less education to perform than other duties. That will ALWAYS be the case.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

deskpro2k3 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
Tmfwang said:
No, that Bernie Sanders guy seems like the best choice. America should become more like Europe. Europe is friggin amazing, at least in Norway where you dont get left on the porch if you dont have insurance. Free education = more higher educated people = more tax and more welfare = free education <-- its a cirkle that benefits everyone, you just dont see it yet. But if you were from Norway or any other country with free ed. you would see the beauty in it. The opportunities are endless with free education. And then theres free dental care and medical care. I once broke my arm heavily, and would have had to pay at least 8 000 dollars to have it fixed if not for the tax system.

We don't need more educated people. There's too many people going to college as it is.

Exactly! It's difficult to fool educated people. We need more gullible people. /sarcasm 

Not going to a 4 year university doesn't coorelate to being stupid or uneducated. It is a fact that the US has too many college students, and thus the major problems with student loans and underemployment (there's a reason why English majors going to Starbucks is a national joke).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
outlawauron said:

Not going to a 4 year university doesn't coorelate to being stupid or uneducated. It is a fact that the US has too many college students, and thus the major problems with student loans and underemployment (there's a reason why English majors going to Starbucks is a national joke).

It's not that we have too many college students but more like, as you alluded to, too many students gaining low needs degrees.  The art, English and history fields have been saturated.  Had those students entered into a high demand field, they wouldn't be working on Starbucks.  That to me is more of a failure of the career counseling of these schools.  They willinging took the money and cared little for the post school success of those students.

What about Klingon....  that must be a worthwhile degree course

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

SpokenTruth said:
outlawauron said:

It's not that we have too many college students but more like, as you alluded to, too many students gaining low needs degrees.  The art, English and history fields have been saturated.  Had those students entered into a high demand field, they wouldn't be working on Starbucks.  That to me is more of a failure of the career counseling of these schools.  They willinging took the money and cared little for the post school success of those students.

I don't think career counseling is the issue, these students know that they likely won't get a job when they graduate anyways. They're doing it because it's something they like and they're expected to go to college.

Due to the fact that there's no way to force people to pick an education around a career, we'll continue to have so many students graduating without a proper job. I'm all for pushing trade schools since it's teaching a transferable and marketable skill.

outlawauron said:
deskpro2k3 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
Tmfwang said:
No, that Bernie Sanders guy seems like the best choice. America should become more like Europe. Europe is friggin amazing, at least in Norway where you dont get left on the porch if you dont have insurance. Free education = more higher educated people = more tax and more welfare = free education <-- its a cirkle that benefits everyone, you just dont see it yet. But if you were from Norway or any other country with free ed. you would see the beauty in it. The opportunities are endless with free education. And then theres free dental care and medical care. I once broke my arm heavily, and would have had to pay at least 8 000 dollars to have it fixed if not for the tax system.

We don't need more educated people. There's too many people going to college as it is.

Exactly! It's difficult to fool educated people. We need more gullible people. /sarcasm 

I agree there is a lot of college students, but let me hit you with a question that sort of relates. Did you know a lot of countries offer their students FREE education and visas to study overseas. How many of those college students in USA are going back to their home country when they're finished?

Now with that thought, think about this for a sec. If we close off immigration, it'll just be a disaster. lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
outlawauron said:

I agree there is a lot of college students, but let me hit you with a question that sort of relates. Did you know a lot of countries offer their students FREE education and visas to study overseas. How many of those college students in USA are going back to their home country when they're finished?

Now with that thought, think about this for a sec. If we close off immigration, it'll just be a disaster. lol

Almost none of them are going back because they can make a lot more money here due to our more competitive pay and much lower taxes. 

And you're quite wrong if you think anyone wants to close off immigration. The only type of immigration is ever a hotly debated topic by any candidate of any party, is illegal immigration. Students getting students visas and work visas later on wouldn't be affected by any potential candidate.

ohmylanta1003 said:

It's not an opinion. It's a fact that I understand the word and that I used it correctly. The world must have people in it that are less educated than others because there will always be duties that require less education to perform than other duties. That will ALWAYS be the case.

Rofl, even after explaining to you the folly of your commentary you continue in this delusion? K, it's clear you do not want to learn.