Ruler said:
Revenue is more important

Sony: ¥8.215 trillion which is US$ 70 billion
Nintendo: ¥549.780 billion
Microsoft: US$ 93.58 billion

WTF! Seriously....

It really isn't.

Revenue alone tells you nothing.

Revenue alone doesn't tell you everything but it is critically important... because without it you literally have nothing. 

Depending on what your goal is, revenue is everthing. Revenue can become profits or used as a buffer if you want to invest and grow. 

If you are budgeting for a loss and your Rev is higher then expected... BAM!

Around the Network

Apple is only 290bio? Sony is not far away from Microsoft (total assets)

Fascinating figures.

SpokenTruth said:

Sony Total Debt:

2012 - $3.5 Billion
2013 - $2.1 Billion
2014 - $3.2 Billion
2015 - $18 Billion

Almost $15 billion seemingly out of nowhere. How?

kowenicki said:
Ruler said:

it tells you everything 

Really. How much was Sony revenue from 2012 to 2015?

Now.... how much money did they actually make? Profit?

Revenue is vanity.

Profit is sanity.

Cash is king.

sigged for truth.

Oh wait...

I don't have room.

Woe is me

11/10 -ign

On a serious note, that's buisness 101, but since this a "video game tracking site" most people just see sales (which roughly translates into revenue)

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Sony would be doing better if they ditched their phones.

Microsoft is much more successful than both of them for obvious reasons...MS owns phones, software, laptops, tablets, heavily used apps, and so on.

I'm impressed by Nintendo though. A huge company only has 100k in debt, yet most of us owe 5-20+k a year to go to college

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

nobody buys microsoft phones ,big problem for microsoft

kowenicki said:

Revenue is vanity.

Profit is sanity.

Cash is king.

Word.

cant wait to be more indebted then nintendo at the end of my degree

kowenicki said:
CosmicSex said:

Revenue alone doesn't tell you everything but it is critically important... because without it you literally have nothing. 

Depending on what your goal is, revenue is everthing. Revenue can become profits or used as a buffer if you want to invest and grow. 

If you are budgeting for a loss and your Rev is higher then expected... BAM!

Well yeah. That's kinda obvious.

But equally... if you have zero assets and your $1bn revenue generates a loss then you're bust.

Equally obvious.  However, if you you can raise 1bn in rev with no assets, you may be a divine being so, its all good lol.