By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Corporate Health of Sony, Nintendo and MS

kowenicki said:
Pavolink said:
Wouldn't we better be comparing only game divisions? (at least now, until Nintendo enters with the mobile market and movies and series and theme parks, etc)

Please not this again. Its impossible for one thing.

Right, I forgot that not everyone is confident in their numbers.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Wouldn't we better be comparing only game divisions? (at least now, until Nintendo enters with the mobile market and movies and series and theme parks, etc)

I think the point of the thread is mostly to deflate the talk of nintendo being in danger and having to go third party.  So there's no point in it.

kowenicki said:
Ruler said:

tell that to GM now

You are going to have to explain that and yourself. Then explain how it proves revenue is better than profitability and profit margin.

I lolled at that one.

What am I supposed to tell gm???

Wow, Nintendo's debt is ridiculously low for a big company, isn't it? XDDD

Ruler said:
kowenicki said:

WTF! Seriously....

It really isn't.

Revenue alone tells you nothing.

it tells you everything 

Ruler,

Tbh

I'm diehard Playstation fan

And kowenicki is a diehard Xbox fan (I think)

We used to fight a lot, but one thing he's never been wrong about is finance. Just trust what he says, to a certain extent. If you don't understand something, don't counter his argument, just ask him. Have a conversation. I promise you will learn something.

Kowen is a smart guy.

Around the Network

Where are all these people that think that? I haven't seen them to be honest. But it is good to see some numbers for overall in the companies....even though we see them all the time in the quarterly reports. I guess i don't understand what the purpose of this thread is....because one I have not really seen the people saying that winning or losing a console race is a direct indicator of corporate health and company security.

Don't confuse that with the people that have been talking about NIN going 3rd party because they are NOT the same at all.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

padib said:
theprof00 said:

Ruler,

Tbh

I'm diehard Playstation fan

And kowenicki is a diehard Xbox fan (I think)

We used to fight a lot, but one thing he's never been wrong about is finance. Just trust what he says, to a certain extent. If you don't understand something, don't counter his argument, just ask him. Have a conversation. I promise you will learn something.

Kowen is a smart guy.

Yeah it's true Ruler. Listen to Kowen I agree with them. I used to fight with prof, and with Kowen, with Rol and Seece.

Now I just tell everyone they're right.

I love u pads.

Can we play mafia again soon? I miss arguing with u

Platina said:
Tagging...

What I don't really get is that if you can pay off your debts, why leave it?

Its really considered healthy to have some debt.  Have good debt as a consumer is better than not having any debt (for whatever reason but its true).

I was actually shocked.  I think they need to have more debt really.

slab_of_bacon said:
ShadowG78 said:
Nintendo's debt is so low that's funny.

The more important figure is the ratio of assets to liabilities.

I had no idea what "liabilities" was before I looked up the french Word for it. It's "passif" right ?  So it's the comany's equity ?

Sorry, but I'm only 16 and haven't done that in school yet.

SpokenTruth said:

Several people seem to think that winning or losing in the console race is a direct indicator of corporate health and the security of that company's future.

Below is a list of a few current (end of 2015) aspects of each that company that should shed more light on exactly how successful or in danger they are.  Unfortunately, this will compare the entire companies rather than just their game segments but for the sake of a company being solvent, it's relevant.

Company Nintendo* Sony* Microsoft
Cash and Short Term Investments $7.6 Billion $15.7 Billion $96.5 Billion
Total Assets $11.3 Billion $132.0 Billion $176.2 Billion
Total Liabilities $1.5 Billion $107.6 Billion $96.1 Billion
Total Debt $103,000 $18 Billion $7.5 Billion

* - All figures converted from Japanese Yen to USD.

103,000$  debt. Nintendo really knows how to manage money.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).