By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The state of XBOX: Uncharted Collection outselling Halo 5

Tagged games:

Its mostly because it was bundled for $299. MS should haved one upped that deal but they failed to do so.

But still props, sold super well.

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No, bundles played a bigger role.

Without that, it would likely be under 2 million.

I'd be closer to 1 million. People wouldn't be willing to buy this game more just because it wasn't bundled. It only did 250k in the NPD without bundle's.

I was being optimistic.

Quite frankly, all the notable Naughty Dog games since PS3 have had mass bundling. They aren't the hits people think they are, but still successful.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Azuren said:
Both games were bundled. One bundle did so much better. It also had better normal sales.

It's open and shut. Uncharted has more brand awareness now.

Were millions of Halo 5 bundles sold for $299? I don't think so.

Halo 5 bundles were $399-449. Uncharted was always a massively bundled series and Sony likes to boast about those numbers.

People neglect mass bundling of Uncharted because of the platform its on.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Azuren said:
Both games were bundled. One bundle did so much better. It also had better normal sales.

It's open and shut. Uncharted has more brand awareness now.

Halo 5 bundles were $399-449. Uncharted was always a massively bundled series and Sony likes to boast about those numbers.

But what's wrong with them boasting about those numbers? I mean people have choices right? To buy a a console with a bundled game or not to right? So if they choose the bundle then they wanted the game I assume. I have never bought a console with a game bundled that I did not want. I will never understand why anyone would look down on bundled games like they are irrelevant(Not saying you are doing that). that just seems to be something we internet dwellers do.

In my opinion if it is bundled and it sells it is becase people want it....there is no other way to spin it or flip it(again not saying you are spinning or flipping anything). So yes the Uncharted series is a hit and they are the hits peopel think they are....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Oh and on topic great sales for Uncharted and despite the sales of Halo 5 not being AS BIG as usual they are still great sales as well! So great job for both games!

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
Mr Puggsly said:

But what's wrong with them boasting about those numbers? I mean people have choices right? To buy a a console with a bundled game or not to right? So if they choose the bundle then they wanted the game I assume. I have never bought a console with a game bundled that I did not want. I will never understand why anyone would look down on bundled games like they are irrelevant(Not saying you are doing that). that just seems to be something we internet dwellers do.

In my opinion if it is bundled and it sells it is becase people want it....there is no other way to spin it or flip it(again not saying you are spinning or flipping anything). So yes the Uncharted series is a hit and they are the hits peopel think they are....

Well if people had a choice to truly choose any game they wanted, most wouldn't have chose Uncharted. However, that was the bundle Sony was really pushing. Especially on Black Friday and that's a big reason Uncharted Collection has sold 3 million units.

Gears UE also got a big push via bundles as well. Not really worth boasting though because we know why its selling so much.

Its funny people even entertain the idea Uncharted bundles is equal to non-bundle sales.

Recently Completed

potato_hamster said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Idk why anyone would be surprised it sold well or that it's close to Halo.

Putting it in the cheap holiday bundle did amazing numbers for it. MS could have seen much better Halo numbers had they put it in a real bundle and not that $500 legendary junk bundle or whatever it was.

And that's before you take into account the massive userbase advantage PS4 has.

Again, look at all the other Halo games that sold much better on a lower install base. Look at how Splatoon is selling better than Halo on an install base of 12 million. Install base is not a legitimate reason.

Userbase should be a non-factor when comparing an HD remake collection that many PS4 owners have already played to Microsoft's flagship exclusive title.

The OP brings up the fact that Uncharted passed Halo 5.  We are looking at this gen.   One assumes that Halo 5 would have had higher sales if it had a higher user base and this is not hard to grasp at all.   The series as a whole is surely not where it used to be,  and because of that, the userbase become a critical factor.   I think this is fair. 

barneystinson69 said:

People are forgetting that just about all the sales came from a bundle. It was a standard PS4 bundle. As I said, it did 250k in the US for the whole year without them.

Did you think that a Remaster cannot sell if it is not Heavy bundled ?, i think that atleast half of the people would purchase the collection if was not bundled.

if you think this way so you also think that The Last of Us Remaster, would not sell well if was not bundled ?.

Mr Puggsly said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Well if people had a choice to truly choose any game they wanted, most wouldn't have chose Uncharted. However, that was the bundle Sony was really pushing. Especially on Black Friday and that's a big reason Uncharted Collection has sold 3 million units.

Gears UE also got a big push via bundles as well. Not really worth boasting though because we know why its selling so much.

Its funny people even entertain the idea Uncharted bundles is equal to non-bundle sales.

The thing is they had a choice, get the BO3 bundle, the NDC bundle, the Star Wars bundle or the standalone. They didn't HAVE to buy the NDC bundle even though Sony was pushing it. But they did and that's fine that it sold 3 million with bundles same with that. It is fine Gears UE bundle sold well. They don't care that it was standalone or bundled they care about the fact that it sold. Again us forum dwellers are the only people who seem to gripe about a game being bundled or not. A lot of games have been bundled that did not sell well...why because people did not want those bundles.  Why we put SO MUCH emphasis on a game being bundled is beyond me. Not going at you or anything it just bugs me as to why people focus so much on a game being bundled or try to use it to take a knock at it's sales.

Mr Puggsly said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

People certainly didnt choose Halo 5 either.

There were tons of deals that let you choose the game of your preference FREE, 2 X 1, etc and still people skipped Halo 5.

I bought my X1 at Amazon.com, they were giving a FREE game plus a 50$ Gift Card.

People HAD the choice of choosing the free game or the 50$ towards Halo 5 and still they went the other way.

Xbox fans can circle the facts all they want, but at the end of the day The Nathan Drake Collection outsold Halo 5, the biggest Xbox franchise which was newly released at the time.