By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The state of XBOX: Uncharted Collection outselling Halo 5

Tagged games:

PerturbedKitty said:
Protendo said:
PowerGamer said:
Protendo said:

On topic:

This all time low was achieved with a much higher user base.

And Halo 3 had no bundle, but let these people tell it the user base is to blame lol. Halo 5 just flopped.

Are you sure about that? I remember buying a Halo Special Edition 360 bundle for my brother.

there was indeed a halo 3 bundle

Not at the beginning.  there was a custom halo 360 without the game.  they include it later in the gen.

Around the Network

So this is up against just the Uncharted Collection and not UC4.  Does anybody remember that user that made a bet with me that said Halo 5 would outsell Uncharted 4? Because he's going to lose lol

TheSting said:
He knows it was the main holiday bundle and is trying to start his anti MS bullshit. Typical because he's heavily invested in this "war" 😂. This actually needs to be ignored.

Your last line contradicts your post!  

@OP yeah it's crazy to think this would happen.  All those 360 converts to ps4 must have jumped all over this bundle.  They will be hyped as fuck for uncharted 4 and the game looks fresh as fuck.  Can't wait :)

Clearly UC serie is on the rise right now as Halo is on the way down

Chazore said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Userbase.

More or less the overall answer we should be getting at this point, especially for most games out there in terms of X1 vs PS4, it's a no brainer at this point.

Yeah that totally explains why Halo 5 is on pace to be the worst selling core game of the series by far.

I mean it's not like the original Halo: Combat Evolved sold over 6 million copies,  on the original Xbox on a smaller install base to what the Xbox One has currently.

Ohh wait, no that's exactly what happened.

The halo series is a mere shadow of its former self.

Don't get me wrong, I'm surprised the Uncharted collection is selling as well as it is, but the fact that it's even in the same ballpark as Microsoft's flagship title sales-wise has to be pretty embarassing for MS.

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
great game for a sony bundle, the uncharted series bringing in new xbox players who jump to sony that never played UC

as i remember from the great "Wii era" days, people always buy a bundle because of a game so holds true now for me

the Uncharted remaster bunde is win win for sony, UC4 will prove that with big sales

Touché! I know people said that about Wii sports (and even Wii Play) and I'm a Nintendo fan that logged in a lot of hours but if it weren't free, I wouldn't have bought it.  I guess I can't prove it but I doubt it would have sold even a quarter as much if it wasn't packed in.

potato_hamster said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm surprised the Uncharted collection is selling as well as it is, but the fact that it's even in the same ballpark as Microsoft's flagship title sales-wise has to be pretty embarassing for MS.

In the end it's not going to matter for MS because there is nothing they can do this gen and no way for a franchise like Halo to come back in full force along with Uncharted as a series coming to an end. We'll likely see Halo coming to an end at some point as well but anything for Xbox this gen isn't going to magically surpass Sony in any way so I don't know why anyone on any side epxects anything different to happen.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

potato_hamster said:
I'm surprised the Uncharted collection is selling as well as it is, but the fact that it's even in the same ballpark as Microsoft's flagship title sales-wise has to be pretty embarassing for MS.

Idk why anyone would be surprised it sold well or that it's close to Halo.

Putting it in the cheap holiday bundle did amazing numbers for it. MS could have seen much better Halo numbers had they put it in a real bundle and not that $500 legendary junk bundle or whatever it was.

And that's before you take into account the massive userbase advantage PS4 has.

Chazore said:
potato_hamster said:

In the end it's not going to matter for MS because there is nothing they can do this gen and no way for a franchise like Halo to come back in full force along with Uncharted as a series coming to an end. We'll likely see Halo coming to an end at some point as well but anything for Xbox this gen isn't going to magically surpass Sony in any way so I don't know why anyone on any side epxects anything different to happen.

Who said anything about Uncharted coming to an end. This is the last game for Nathan Drake, but there's other paths this can go down.

potato_hamster said:

Who said anything about Uncharted coming to an end. This is the last game for Nathan Drake, but there's other paths this can go down.

Everything comes to an end at some point.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"