By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The state of XBOX: Uncharted Collection outselling Halo 5

Tagged games:

AEGRO said:

I will venture and say that Uncharted 4 will sell more than the entire "Best Line-Up in Xbox History" put together.

Uncharted 4 >>>>>>>> Halo 5 + Forza 6 + ROTTR

this is not something hard, if Uncharted 4, sells 2 times more than Halo 5, already will be surpassing the "Biggest Line Up".

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
Chazore said:

In the end it's not going to matter for MS because there is nothing they can do this gen and no way for a franchise like Halo to come back in full force along with Uncharted as a series coming to an end. We'll likely see Halo coming to an end at some point as well but anything for Xbox this gen isn't going to magically surpass Sony in any way so I don't know why anyone on any side epxects anything different to happen.

Who said anything about Uncharted coming to an end. This is the last game for Nathan Drake, but there's other paths this can go down.

True but I think ND themselves is done with the series. From the way they talk anyways they seem to just be done doing this games. You could be right though.

Chazore said:
potato_hamster said:

Who said anything about Uncharted coming to an end. This is the last game for Nathan Drake, but there's other paths this can go down.

Everything comes to an end at some point.

The Last of Us, actually have potential to be a more sucessful series than Uncharted, the game sold like 10+ Millions with the game, and the Remaster.

Yes its the userbase. Please direct your attention to Black Ops 3 sales. Userbase matters. In order for an Xbox One game to compete with a PS4 game, it will need sky high attach rates.

LudicrousSpeed said:
potato_hamster said:
I'm surprised the Uncharted collection is selling as well as it is, but the fact that it's even in the same ballpark as Microsoft's flagship title sales-wise has to be pretty embarassing for MS.

Idk why anyone would be surprised it sold well or that it's close to Halo.

Putting it in the cheap holiday bundle did amazing numbers for it. MS could have seen much better Halo numbers had they put it in a real bundle and not that $500 legendary junk bundle or whatever it was.

And that's before you take into account the massive userbase advantage PS4 has.

Again, look at all the other Halo games that sold much better on a lower install base. Look at how Splatoon is selling better than Halo on an install base of 12 million. Install base is not a legitimate reason.

Userbase should be a non-factor when comparing an HD remake collection that many PS4 owners have already played to Microsoft's flagship exclusive title.

Around the Network

OK It looks like giving Halo to 434 was the wrong idea, as since then with their halo games the franchise has lost lots of players.
My Question, Which company should MS have given the Halo Franchise to?

CosmicSex said:
Yes its the userbase. Please direct your attention to Black Ops 3 sales. Userbase matters. In order for an Xbox One game to compete with a PS4 game, it will need sky high attach rates.

So, despite all of the counter examples which demonstrate that in the past, the Halo series in particular has essentially been "userbase" proof, with previous numbered titles all selling at much higher rates often times with lower install bases, along with other games like Splatoon which has sold more than Halo 5 with an install base of 12 million, you're still going to chalk up the relatively poor sales of Halo 5 to install base?

And really? Black Ops 3 might not be the best example to use for install base considering that Black Ops 3 on PS4 and an install base of 36 million is currently outpacing the sales of Black Ops 2 on PS3 which at the time had an install base of about 75 million.  So there's that.

I think despite the obvious factors that made this possible that very few of us would have guessed that with all the factors that UCC would be more than Halo 5 is the real talking point.

Halo will always have some of my favourite moments in gaming even though I never owned an MS console so I am sad to see it decline as a brand

People are forgetting that just about all the sales came from a bundle. It was a standard PS4 bundle. As I said, it did 250k in the US for the whole year without them.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Both games were bundled. One bundle did so much better. It also had better normal sales.

It's open and shut. Uncharted has more brand awareness now.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames