By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Avatar in Video Games: What Do You Name Them???

Heya, Cloudman here with another thread! Long ago when I first joined, I made a similar thread about avatars in gaming regarding gender, and I am returning to the idea, but taking on a different question...

NAMING YOUR AVATAR!!!

What name do you give them? The dancing letters demand an answer...!

I feel it's safe to assume that any games where you play as an avatar character, whether boy, girl, animal, robot, alien, ANYTHING, you're allowed to name them! So my simple question is "What do you name them?" This almost feels like a non-question. I'm certain many people just use their own name. For awhile, I did just that. I used my name whenever I could enter one in. It is me after all, and I want to feel like I am the hero. Heck, using my name got me a cooler missingno image when I first played Pokemon Red. It was pretty sweet what my name could influence...!

I got ghost missingno when I first played Pokemon! Also I gave hints to my real name haha!!!

...However, as time went on, I felt my name didn't fit in with games I played, like RPGs and Zelda for example. So later, I started using another name as a sort of 'in-game' or something of the sort whenever I could name the main character. The name I started using was...

Roan

Why did I pick that name? Well, I got it from Grandia 2. There was a character named 'Roan' whom I really liked, so much I used the name for a character I drew up as a kid, and it became my go-to name in games. I used it in every game I could. I thought it was a cool name, and I liked the character it was tied too. That remains true to this day. I still use it, though I started using another one: 'Cloud' , short for Cloudman xD It's also what people on VGC call me sometimes too, haha. Roan still remains a staple in-game name I use, and when I started using girl characters, I chose 'Nina' as a default girl name. That name I got from another character I made up. Where I got the name itself? I dunno... I just like the name. I use it for all my girl characters, from Pokemon to Fire Emblem Awakening to Xenoblade Chronicles X!

So to recap, the names I use in games are:  

Boy - Roan , Cloud     /     Girl - Nina.

What name do you give your avatar in games? Feel free to write them below.

(Unless you are shy. That is no problem though xD )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Some of mines are:
Jizz Beard The Pirate
Jiggles
Cumtastic
Senpai
ZoidBerg
TitsMaster

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Some of mines are:
Jizz Beard The Pirate
Jiggles
Cumtastic
Senpai
ZoidBerg
TitsMaster

Lol, those are all great. Though how does the first one fit..? o_O I think most games don't allow for that many spaces...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Some of mines are:
Jizz Beard The Pirate
Jiggles
Cumtastic
Senpai
ZoidBerg
TitsMaster

Lol, those are all great. Though how does the first one fit..? o_O I think most games don't allow for that many spaces...

Yea most games dont but a few games do since they allow u to use ur steam profile name and etc like Codmw2

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Mike , I use this name for pretty much everything internet and videogame related.

Around the Network

If it's a male, depending on the game I would put "Alex", since my actual name is pretty long and most games (Especially old RPGs) don't have enough blank spaces for it.

If it's a female, I would just pick a random one.

However, in games like Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger, I prefer to keep the characters original name.

Also, am I the only one that finds weird how in some games like Skyrim, you can choose your protagonist's name, but no one actually calls you by your name?

Whatever they are supposed to be. Most recent example Xeno X I named my character Cross. Suikoden I named my guy Tir McDohl, Suikoden II I named my guy Hiro.

Captain_Yuri said:
Cloudman said:

Yea most games dont but a few games do since they allow u to use ur steam profile name and etc like Codmw2

I see. Yeah, I think I saw some games allow for long names. Jizz Beard the Pirate would make one epically awesome and funny name in game or online xD

Dance my pretties!

I use the actual character name, assuming that the character you play as is more of an established character than a representation of you. Other than that sometimes I'll use my real name or an abbreviation of my screen name, HyYo.

bet: lost

I like to give every character a new name that I decide on in the moment. I feel like I need to see what the character looks like before naming it. I don't have any go to names.

Well, besides for Zelda. I only played Windwaker so far but will continue to name him "Link" because that's who he's supposed to be...right?

[] [] [] {} []