By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has a cutscen ever been so emotional to bring out...

SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERS

I was crying when i saw marios little star friend in SMG (the one that helps you throught the game) sacrificing himself along with the other stars to make the super nova.

and another time when i was playing No More Heros just seeing that fat bitch Speed Buster (killed Travisi's Teaacher) glad i saw her get decapitated AND seeing his evil murdering sister getting sliced into eight peices of bitcharoni.

Around the Network

The end of MGS3. It almost made me cry, which is quite a feat for anything.

I agree, Twilight Princess was pretty emotional at a few points.

Kingdom Hearts and FFX also tugged at the ol' heartstrings. The whole Sora/Kairi thing was pretty sweet. The whole game had a strange, sweet, twisted, dream-like quality to it. I don't know if any game's love story, and story in general, drug me in quite the same way that FFX's did. Beautiful game.

Metal Gear Solid 3's ending was killer and made me misty-eyed. I was discussing it with my brother just the other day.

The game Ico was itself quite emotional for me, though I don't think it ever had me approaching tears.

Out of this World had an emotional ending as well. Awesome stuff.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

On Final Fantasy VIII .... when Squall and Rinoa are coming down to earth from space and you can hear "Eyes on Me" on the background ... i let some tears go in that part

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Metal Gear Solid... lots of parts, particularly Sniper Wolf.

Around the Network

The scene in FFVIII when Rhinoa is gonna die in space and her tear is in the space suit with her, but then Squall shows up to rescue her. That FMV is my most heartwarming moment in gaming.

Second is when (Spoiler for MGS3 and FFVII!!!) you have to kill the Boss.

Good times.

Third Aries death in VII.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I will say the ending to FFVIII, IX, and X all got me a little misty, I admit it. Also the Midna part at the end of TP, you know, hurt me, but not as much as VIII, IX, and X, hehe.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

How could I forget!!!

the EPIC ending of MGS 3

where Eva is telling you that it was the Big Boss' mission to die & that as well in the hands of here most beloved pupil..

along with the MGS theme in the background that scene was absolutely EPIC

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

every damn cutscene in final fantasy x

ZenfoldorVGI said:
I will say the ending to FFVIII, IX, and X all got me a little misty, I admit it. Also the Midna part at the end of TP, you know, hurt me, but not as much as VIII, IX, and X, hehe.

I'll ditto the FF8 ending.  The part where Laguna slipped the ring onto Raine's finger only to cut to Laguna standing over her grave made me cry.