By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has a cutscen ever been so emotional to bring out...

Yakuzaice said:
pastro243 said:
quigontcb said:
I agree, Twilight Princess was pretty emotional at a few points.

Kingdom Hearts and FFX also tugged at the ol' heartstrings. The whole Sora/Kairi thing was pretty sweet. The whole game had a strange, sweet, twisted, dream-like quality to it. I don't know if any game's love story, and story in general, drug me in quite the same way that FFX's did. Beautiful game.

Metal Gear Solid 3's ending was killer and made me misty-eyed. I was discussing it with my brother just the other day.

The game Ico was itself quite emotional for me, though I don't think it ever had me approaching tears.

Out of this World had an emotional ending as well. Awesome stuff.

I agree with you, (spoilers) I also felt really sad when In Shadow of the colossus the horse dies, and it felt kinda weird when Wander turns into a baby.(in a good way)

*Shadow of the Colossus Spoilers*

I agree, when Agro sacrifices himself to get you to the last colossus definitely elicited more emotion than anything in recent memory. He does end up surviving though if you watch the whole ending, though he is injured.

I just beat SotC the other day, and that part really does hit me.  He's with you the whole game, your only contact in such a vast, empty world, and then he dies, or you at least think he dies.

Around the Network

SADNESS

SPOILING

In Shadow of colosseus, each time u have to kill a Coloss. I m not sure if these beasts feel or not ur "weapon in their head" but I know their is a lot of violence in the game.
Also when u lose ur horse.

MGS3 with The Boss

Also MGS1 with Mantis when he put away his mask

SilentHill1 when u face Lisa and when she starts "crying blood"

SilentHill2, at the end, when u access the Marie's letter.

AnotherWorld (Amiga), at the end, when u escape with ur alien ally

Time to Work !

FFIX had lots of emotional cutscenes. The Ending of FFX always makes me cry.

Words Of Wisdom said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
I will say the ending to FFVIII, IX, and X all got me a little misty, I admit it. Also the Midna part at the end of TP, you know, hurt me, but not as much as VIII, IX, and X, hehe.

I'll ditto the FF8 ending. The part where Laguna slipped the ring onto Raine's finger only to cut to Laguna standing over her grave made me cry.

Yeah, Raine's story in FFVIII is one of the greatest overlooked tragedies in videogame history.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

the only two times i almost cried were in sotc and ffx. great games.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
quigontcb said:
I agree, Twilight Princess was pretty emotional at a few points.

Kingdom Hearts and FFX also tugged at the ol' heartstrings. The whole Sora/Kairi thing was pretty sweet. The whole game had a strange, sweet, twisted, dream-like quality to it. I don't know if any game's love story, and story in general, drug me in quite the same way that FFX's did. Beautiful game.

Metal Gear Solid 3's ending was killer and made me misty-eyed. I was discussing it with my brother just the other day.

The game Ico was itself quite emotional for me, though I don't think it ever had me approaching tears.

Out of this World had an emotional ending as well. Awesome stuff.

I agree with you, (spoilers) I also felt really sad when In Shadow of the colossus the horse dies, and it felt kinda weird when Wander turns into a baby.(in a good way)

But only an anime made me feel like a girl watching it, that was Rurouni Kenshin, the final part of the last ova when kaoru and kenshin meet up again after so much years, and when Kenji walks away with his girlfriend, that kina moved me inside.

GAH! I wish you'd mentioned what game you were giving spoilers for first, I thought it was related to one of the games in my post. I haven't been able to finish SotC(or KH2) since my PS2 crapped out on me. Not a big deal or anything, just...GAH!

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your intending to play through Lost Odyessey in any way do not click and view this link.

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_6104_en.html

This by far is the best ever emotional cutscene in gaming history. Seriously guys, I cried for ages on this.

It's not even using CGI and it's this emotional. The music as well just lets the tears roll.

If your gonna watch this turn it up. You see up to this cutscene you think your daughter is dead. Which you see in dreams. Let me know what you think, those of you who watch this.

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT

Yeah. No other game that i played has beens so emotional, than in LO.
And im not the sensitive guy. lol :P (My english sucks this morning)

FF7 Aertihs death, Panzer Dragoon Saga epilog and Shadow of the Colossus epilog

O-D-C said:
The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask when the mask salesman, skull kid and Link are talking about how every meeting leads to an ending was pretty emotional.

Even more than that, the last battle of Ocarina of Time game me chills. Having played through old Zelda games, and the constant mention that Ganon was once Ganondorf but never seeing him, it was cool to finally meet Ganondorf in Ocarina. But then, just when you think the game is over, Ganondorf pops out of the ruined temple, uses the power f the triforce to transform, and the one word appears at the bottom of the screen: "Ganon." So fucking bad ass. Everything they do makes the moment just thrilling, even down to the slight change of forgoing the "type" in the bos name that appeared throughout the game. We don't need no type information. He is, simply, Ganon.

Also, it's not a cut scene really, but the moment where Mother Brain kills the Metroid hatchling at the end of Super Metroid was pretty close to an emotional moment for me. Granted, I was 12 when it came out, but still.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.