By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Most disappointing game of 2015, sales-wise?

oniyide said:
Qwark said:

Tearaway unfolded, it bombed even harder than W101, which I did not think was possible on PS4.

you're comparing a late port to an original game? ok

No I compare 2 flops sales wise and I conclude one is even a bigger flop than the other while it´s available on a platform that is selling very well. Besides tearaway Unfolded isn´t a simple port it added quite a few things.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Halo5 and RoTTR are still selling today. Not sure why but 4m sales and 1m+ arent bad. Bloodborne sold 2m. TR will probably end near 2m lifetime and Halo around 5-6m. TR was barely hyped, it had high expectations but marketing and hype were low, in Aus i barely saw any advertisements. As for Halo it had high marketing, hype and expectations and the game sold 4m+ so far from a flop in sales. 

My opinion Tearaway Unfolded, MGS5 and Xenoblade X flopped in the sales department. 

There are plenty of other games that have done alot worse then Halo and TR.

I think in terms of Quality of game compared to what it actually sold then Tomb Raider definitely was the shocker of 2015, going from Multiplatform to Xbox1/360 exclusive hurt the games image and just drew angst from a lot of gamers (many of whom might well have not bought it anyway) but launching alongside Fallout 4, BlackOps3 and the expansion for StarCraft2 I mean... it was always going to play 2nd or 3rd choice next to those games, especially now when games cost €70+ it means that the majority of gamers can't walk into a store and buy 2/3 new releases the same week.

Its launch window killed it far worse than being exclusive to the Xbox platform imo.

But you never know, games like MGS5, Tearaway unfolded and The Order have all had the majority of their sales, it's really possible for Tomb Raider to make some good numbers with the PC release just happening now and the upcoming PS4 release sometime in 2016, so that game will still be seeing a good number of sales into the holiday season of 2016, whereas the rest most likely will not.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive