By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Undertale gets a 10 from IGN

Tagged games:

Maraccuda said:
No game ever deserves a 10/10 in my opinion. Because no game is perfect.

Yes graphics are subjective but when a game looks like a SNES game you have to remove points off for graphics.

Still, looking forward to playing this game after Xenoblade X.

Have you ever thought about inaccuracy in the context of review scores? I doubt you'd have a problem with a game getting a 'perfect' score if the scale was from 0 to 5 (with steps of 1 instead of 0.1). You'd probably somehow know that a full 5 doesn't represent a perfect game. I think one you to look at it is that there's an inaccuracy in every score. If the scale goes from 0 to 5, you'd round everything that would score 4.5 up to 5. Similarly for a scale from 0 to 10 with steps of 0.1, a score of 10.0 could be anything between 9.95 and 10 (both ends included). See, not perfection but inaccuracy!

That, or you could simply let go of the idea that getting the full score somehow represents a perfect game because I don't think many reviewers see it that way. In a way, a review is the rating of the personal experience of the reviewer, and the experience is not the same thing as the game.

Around the Network

Undertake is a perfect example of what a game should be. Instead we get cinematic movies with amazing Visuals and thats all where Undertale is the complete opposite.

I bought it after it won gamefaqs best game ever comp and i don't "get" it.Mediocre rpg with some interesting elements, poor story and no depth.
4/10 from me.

Tagging. This seems really really interesting.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

While I wouldn't give it a 10, the game definitely deserves the high score imo

Around the Network

Console port confirmed?... If it comes to PS4 i'd definitely play it.

CosmicSex said:
I have a feeling that this is coming to console. Why not?

Depends on whether Fox wants to bring it or not and so far he's been a pretty quiet guy, so quiet that he doesn't want to do any interviews about his game like most devs would do.

Also this is a game your average laptop/pre-built machine could manage and is dirt cheap. Pretty sure a good chunk of the fan base also own consoles as well so there's that to consider.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

StarDoor said:
etking said:
A game should not get a better score just because it is an indie game. And I heard that it is very short, so no way this rating can be justified.

Maybe a game's length isn't the sole factor determining its quality. Maybe you should actually play the game for yourself instead of making judgements based on things you merely "heard".

Tell that to The Order haters. Or is it cool to hate the order for its length but not this indie?

Azzanation said:

Undertake is a perfect example of what a game should be. Instead we get cinematic movies with amazing Visuals and thats all where Undertale is the complete opposite.

Why not both?

For me it's the perfect example of a game getting a free pass for its length and visuals because it's indie. Graphics take money and time to make and it's something that is taken for granted. Just like one can enjoy a game for its music, another person can enjoy a game for its graphics.

I still consider Beyond the best game ever made because the graphics helped tremendously with immersion. Whenever I play a Telltales game, it never feels truly real. Just weird looking characters with a good story.

As for IGN, they really like to jump on bandwagons. Whether it's hate or love for a game, they make a huge deal with their score, either by giving it a too high score for what it is, or giving it a terrible score despite the game being decent.

naruball said:
Azzanation said:

Why not both?

For me it's the perfect example of a game getting a free pass for its length and visuals because it's indie. Graphics take money and time to make and it's something that is taken for granted. Just like one can enjoy a game for its music, another person can enjoy a game for its graphics.

I still consider Beyond the best game ever made because the graphics helped tremendously with immersion. Whenever I play a Telltales game, it never feels truly real. Just weird looking characters with a good story.

As for IGN, they really like to jump on bandwagons. Whether it's hate or love for a game, they make a huge deal with their score, either by giving it a too high score for what it is, or giving it a terrible score despite the game being decent.

Because graphics take away from the inner qulaity of a game. Its like a cover of a book, does it matter? No. Games like The Order/Ryse are perfect examples.