By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Street Fighter V: Sony and Capcom want to make sure you know the game is console exclusive

Thunderbird77 said:
leo-j said:

Why would it not be exclusive? I doubt sony money hatted star ocean..... Persona.... And other third party ip..... Capcom partnered with sony probably to market the game and therefore felt exclusivity would push more copies... I believe it'll sell very well as an exclusive ip, this isn't alienating anyone considering most of the SF fanbase is on PS 

There's no ifs, SF 5 would exist and be a multiplat without the moneyhat and the current situation alienates millions. star ocean and persona bear no relevance to this this discussion (although it seems like they paid for star ocean).

Wrong, they did not paid for Persona, or for Star Ocean, those are Japanese titles that only sell well on playstation, or nintendo's plataform, Star Ocean, The Lost odyssey, Blue Dragon, did Really poor on xbox 360, even with the 2 biggest game developers of the genre making those games, even Parasite Eve, sold more copies than those titles.

Playstation 4,  is over 2.2 Millions on Japan, and Xbox One, over 60 thousands, Xbox One,  will start to sell less than 1/3 of what Xbox One, will sell Worldwide, Sony, helped they to make the game and give  free market, and made a tournament just for Capcom.

Playstation 3, had a lower install base on the USA, and Sold much more street fighter 4, than xbox 360, in both USA, and Worldwide, Nowdays Xbox One, only have USA Market, if the game was exclusive to Xbox One, would flop, exclusive for Playstation, will be a Sucess, now you got it ?.

Capcom had Free market, free tournament, free development, with a install base that will not flop the game, and they will release the game for PC, over 80%+ of Street Fighter's Install base are on Playstation, or PC,  the other 18% will  buy a Playstation 4, for play the game, and just 2% will be Pissed up because is a Xbox One's Fan.

Microsoft, Purchased the exclusivity after Square Enix, Announced the game, they make PR as it was a "Fully Exclusive", so they purchased a exclusivity for something that already was ready to go, for a Plataform that dont have the fanbase of the game, the PC, and the Playstation's fanbase, were much bigger than Xbox One's fanbase, Because of that this pissed the fans, they did not founded the game, they just purchased a exclusivity.

Microsoft, cannot give a shit less about Japan, so i dont think there is a reason for you be so salty about a Japanese game be exclusive for Playstation/PC, with Xbox, selling more already means less copies of japanese games sold than Playstation, and now that Playstation 4, have more than twice the install base ?, means that Japanese games will sell 6-8x Better on Playstation.

look at Metal Gear Solid V, it sold 3 Millions on playstation 4, and 600 thousands on xbox one, this was on september when the Playstation's gap between Xbox, was smaller than today, the only reason that Japanese games are coming only to Playstation 4, or only to Playstation/PC, is because Microsoft really cannot give a shit less about the japanese market, the only possibility to make the support even worse for japan, is Making the "Aways online", and "No Used games" a "Japanese only" feature for Xbox one in japan, also Xbox one's user base, just like Microsoft, cannot give a shit less about japanese games, or Non-shooter games.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
Thunderbird77 said:

There's no ifs, SF 5 would exist and be a multiplat without the moneyhat and the current situation alienates millions. star ocean and persona bear no relevance to this this discussion (although it seems like they paid for star ocean).

Wrong, they did not paid for Persona, or for Star Ocean, those are Japanese titles that only sell well on playstation, or nintendo's plataform, Star Ocean, The Lost odyssey, Blue Dragon, did Really poor on xbox 360, even with the 2 biggest game developers of the genre making those games, even Parasite Eve, sold more copies than those titles.

Playstation 4,  is over 2.2 Millions on Japan, and Xbox One, over 60 thousands, Xbox One,  will start to sell less than 1/3 of what Xbox One, will sell Worldwide, Sony, helped they to make the game and give  free market, and made a tournament just for Capcom.

Playstation 3, had a lower install base on the USA, and Sold much more street fighter 4, than xbox 360, in both USA, and Worldwide, Nowdays Xbox One, only have USA Market, if the game was exclusive to Xbox One, would flop, exclusive for Playstation, will be a Sucess, now you got it ?.

Capcom had Free market, free tournament, free development, with a install base that will not flop the game, and they will release the game for PC, over 80%+ of Street Fighter's Install base are on Playstation, or PC,  the other 18% will  buy a Playstation 4, for play the game, and just 2% will be Pissed up because is a Xbox One's Fan.

Microsoft, Purchased the exclusivity after Square Enix, Announced the game, they make PR as it was a "Fully Exclusive", so they purchased a exclusivity for something that already was ready to go, for a Plataform that dont have the fanbase of the game, the PC, and the Playstation's fanbase, were much bigger than Xbox One's fanbase, Because of that this pissed the fans, they did not founded the game, they just purchased a exclusivity.

Microsoft, cannot give a shit less about Japan, so i dont think there is a reason for you be so salty about a Japanese game be exclusive for Playstation/PC, with Xbox, selling more already means less copies of japanese games sold than Playstation, and now that Playstation 4, have more than twice the install base ?, means that Japanese games will sell 6-8x Better on Playstation.

look at Metal Gear Solid V, it sold 3 Millions on playstation 4, and 600 thousands on xbox one, this was on september when the Playstation's gap between Xbox, was smaller than today, the only reason that Japanese games are coming only to Playstation 4, or only to Playstation/PC, is because Microsoft really cannot give a shit less about the japanese market, the only possibility to make the support even worse for japan, is Making the "Aways online", and "No Used games" a "Japanese only" feature for Xbox one in japan, also Xbox one's user base, just like Microsoft, cannot give a shit less about japanese games, or Non-shooter games.

why are you talking about japan sales and MS? it's obvious that star ocean, persona and other japanese centred games would go to nintendo if multiplatform.

Thunderbird77 said:
sergiodaly said:

The exclusivity of Dead Rising 3 didn't hurt them because without MS there was no game to sell and MS provide them the chance to sell X number of copies. (X being the sales number for the all the game versions)

This is the same scenario but with different partner. 

There would be a street fighter 5 with or without sony's moneyhat.

You are right but it wouldn't be launching next month. Back in 2013 when SF fans were asking about SFV, Capcom said they didn't have the money or manpower to work on SFV. They also said they were looking 2018-19 for possible Street Fighter sequel. As Street Fighter fan since the beginning, I'm glad that I don't to have to wait a decade for sequel again. 

Darc Requiem said:
Thunderbird77 said:
sergiodaly said:

The exclusivity of Dead Rising 3 didn't hurt them because without MS there was no game to sell and MS provide them the chance to sell X number of copies. (X being the sales number for the all the game versions)

You are right but it wouldn't be launching next month. Back in 2013 when SF fans were asking about SFV, Capcom said they didn't have the money or manpower to work on SFV. They also said they were looking 2018-19 for possible Street Fighter sequel. As Street Fighter fan since the beginning, I'm glad that I don't to have to wait a decade for sequel again. 

And I don't buy that. I'm sure it would come out 2016 or 2017, also coming to x1, wii u/wii u successor and 3ds successor.

Thunderbird77 said:
Darc Requiem said:
Thunderbird77 said:
sergiodaly said:

And I don't buy that. I'm sure it would come out 2016 or 2017, also coming to x1, wii u/wii u successor and 3ds successor.

You don't have to buy it. It's what happened. Street Fighter X Tekken was not the hit that Capcom hoped it would be. Do their own stupdity but that's whole other topic. So they had to ride it out with Street Fighter IV. They didn't have the funds to keep Dimps on board so they turned to a skeleton crew Capcom of Japan and Q-Loc the delivered the ported the game to PC to update the game. If you follow the time line of the SFV announcement. It summarized like this.

1. Capcom's Yoshinoro Ono and Tomoaki Ayano express interest in developing a new Street Fighter game but lament the lack of funds.

2. A few months later Capcom, hired Dimps back to help develop a new fighting game.

3. The Hadoken Cabs viral ads start appearing.

4. Sony launches ads featuring Ryu from the Hadoken Cabs ads amongst other things.

5. Capcom announces an Ultra SFIV port for PS4 and SFV's console exclusivity for SFV.

The were several articles talking about Capcoms lack of cash. It's why they did the Dead Rising 3 deal with Microsoft for Xbox One. Before SFV was announced, Ono was partically beggigng for a exclusivity deal to develop a new Darkstalkers title. Darkstalkers is a niche brand. They were most likely offered deal for Street Fighter and the rest is history. 

Around the Network
Thunderbird77 said:
Swordmasterman said:

why are you talking about japan sales and MS? it's obvious that star ocean, persona and other japanese centred games would go to nintendo if multiplatform.

so Go ask for Sega, and Triple Ace, why they not put Star Ocean, as a Multiplataform title, with their gigantic 6 Millions of software sales life-time that they had with the total sales of their Biggest franchise.

they will release the game for a Console that will have more future, the Playstation 4, is out-selling Wii U, on japan and Nintendo, will release a new console so this will hurt Wii U's sales.

I'm speaking about Microsoft, and Japan sales, because Microsoft, dont give a shit about Japan, because of that they lose even for Playstation Vita TV, and the world would be a better place if all the other countries begin to make the same, they purchased a timed exclusive visual novel, this is ridiculous, Microsoft, dont know how to do nothing besides purchasing something that already is there, or making it timed exclusive.

Thunderbird77 said:
Sprash said:

it wasn't a moneyhat.

They paid for exclusivity on something that wouldn't be exclusive otherwise. How is that not a moneyhat?

Please show us the evidence. Or stop saying the same baseless speech.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Thunderbird77 said:
Sprash said:

it wasn't a moneyhat.

They paid for exclusivity on something that wouldn't be exclusive otherwise. How is that not a moneyhat?

You're saying it would be exclusive if sony hadn't paid for it?

Thunderbird77 said:
DonFerrari said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Nope, I'm asking for the proofs that make you be so certain it would release this year and Sony bought it to be exclusive, but kept it on PC. Several games in the past, present and future were exclusives to Sony without Sony having to pay for it. So please show us the evidence.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Thunderbird77 said:
DonFerrari said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Nope, I'm asking for the proofs that make you be so certain it would release this year and Sony bought it to be exclusive, but kept it on PC. Several games in the past, present and future were exclusives to Sony without Sony having to pay for it. So please show us the evidence.

I'm not claiming it would release in 2016 for sure, I even said 2017 a possibility. It would, however, release anyway and it is oficial that sony paid for exclusivity.