By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Street Fighter V: Sony and Capcom want to make sure you know the game is console exclusive

HomokHarcos said:
Roronaa_chan said:
What happens when Capcom backtracks and releases it on NX? Recall every copy

Capcom put "Only for Nintendo GameCube" on the cover of Resident Evil 4.

Nintendo did not co-finance/co-develop Resident Evil 4 however.

Around the Network
sergiodaly said:
Thunderbird77 said:

This exclusivity will only hurt capcom and the fans in the long run.

The exclusivity of Dead Rising 3 didn't hurt them because without MS there was no game to sell and MS provide them the chance to sell X number of copies. (X being the sales number for the all the game versions)

This is the same scenario but with different partner. 

There would be a street fighter 5 with or without sony's moneyhat.

Thunderbird77 said:
sergiodaly said:

The exclusivity of Dead Rising 3 didn't hurt them because without MS there was no game to sell and MS provide them the chance to sell X number of copies. (X being the sales number for the all the game versions)

it wasn't a moneyhat.

Sprash said:
Thunderbird77 said:

it wasn't a moneyhat.

They paid for exclusivity on something that wouldn't be exclusive otherwise. How is that not a moneyhat?

Thunderbird77 said:
sergiodaly said:

That's not what Capcom said themselves. I don't have a link (on phone) but google is a nice friend you can use to find those things...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network
Rafie said:
d21lewis said:
I've been corrected three times already! Maybe I need to edit my original comment.

Dude you're one of the most neutral and knowledgeable individuals on this site. You're good to go!

I think my historical knowledge is amongst the top on this site (or any site!) but I'm losing touch lately--especially when it comes to new releases and pc gaming. Thanks, though!

Thunderbird77 said:
Sprash said:

it wasn't a moneyhat.

They paid for exclusivity on something that wouldn't be exclusive otherwise. How is that not a moneyhat?

Why would it not be exclusive? I doubt sony money hatted star ocean..... Persona.... And other third party ip..... Capcom partnered with sony probably to market the game and therefore felt exclusivity would push more copies... I believe it'll sell very well as an exclusive ip, this isn't alienating anyone considering most of the SF fanbase is on PS 

mM
leo-j said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Why would it not be exclusive? I doubt sony money hatted star ocean..... Persona.... And other third party ip..... Capcom partnered with sony probably to market the game and therefore felt exclusivity would push more copies... I believe it'll sell very well as an exclusive ip, this isn't alienating anyone considering most of the SF fanbase is on PS 

There's no ifs, SF 5 would exist and be a multiplat without the moneyhat and the current situation alienates millions. star ocean and persona bear no relevance to this this discussion (although it seems like they paid for star ocean).

I like the fact that they're being honest and not putting just "exclusive". I liked this new brand.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

danielrdp said:
Thunderbird77 said:

This exclusivity will only hurt capcom and the fans in the long run.

No, it won't. Street Fighter V will sell a lot more than Tomb Raider did. Capcom will be satisfied with their sales. 

Will break Tomb Raider, numbers in his first day.