By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Passes 200m Software Sales!!

ZhugeEX said:
Aeolus451 said:

Does vgchartz track digital?

Nope, 

There isn't a reliable way to track digital sales. 

So what's your problem with vgchartz then? What alternative do we have?

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
ZhugeEX said:

Nope, 

There isn't a reliable way to track digital sales. 

Official data. 

ZhugeEX said:
Aeolus451 said:

Official data. 

From Who ?, Activision, and Microsoft, Stopped of Giving any Official data.

ZhugeEX said:
Aeolus451 said:

Official data. 

Oh you mean when one of 'em releases sales data? vgchartz serves it's purpose and if it can be reasonably close in it's estimates then that's even better. Maybe you should try to contribute in a constructive way to the numbers on this site instead of complaining about the numbers being off.

Aeolus451 said:
ZhugeEX said:

Official data. 

Oh you mean when one of 'em releases sales data? vgchartz serves it's purpose and if it can be reasonably close in it's estimates then that's even better. Maybe you should try to contribute in a constructive way to the numbers on this site instead of complaining about the numbers being off.

He could work with the guy giving the software weekly charts and help improve the numbers a lot 

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
Aeolus451 said:

He could work with the guy giving the software weekly charts and help improve the numbers a lot 

Exactly. 

Swordmasterman said:

We had a Monopoly with GameBoy, with Playstation 1, Playstation 2, and were one of the Best Systems ever, Monopoly in Gaming is Different from Monopoly in other industries, is Like Someone Trying to Sell a TV Service, they will want to make you Stay as long as Possible and will do their Best to make it, they Not make  much Money from the Devices, but from the Software.

The Only Bad thing is Microsoft, on Number 1, so there i Agree that a Monopoly would be Terrible, but a Monopoly from Sony, or Nintendo, would not be a Bad Thing, they Can even make Square Enix,  Bandai Namco, and Capcom, release games that are Exclusive for Japan, Another Monopoly that we Have(or had) in Gaming.

Counter Strike, is the PC Best Seller in the Shooter Genre.

League of Legends, have more than Twice the users than Dota 2, and is the Most Played game Today.

We had the Monopoly of World of Warcraft, for the MMORPG Genre, and World of Warcraft, is the Most Played game to Date, now we Also have Guild Wars, that have a Lot of Players.

Only people that truly love the brand and it;s corp seem to see this, without any sort of emotional attachmment to it you can see how bad things can be for others but I can't say anyone here who's on board with Sony is ever going to see things that way which is why I'm glad at least some have.

I don't see how MS being number one would be a monopoly or terrible, I sense great emotional bias and attachment to such a statement, again nothing less I expect from someone who is loyal to a brand or who has enjoyed the opposite brand the most during their life. Also you seem to greatly favour Japanese companies than anything Western, another form of emotional and illogical bias despite all that the western side has provided the industry. I;m not going to bother with this point any further because I know I've hit a brick wall and any further attempt is futile in trying to permeate logic.

Don't use PC and it;s games as a form of supposed "monopolies", they aren't even in the same line as SOny/MS and Nintendo.

Ruler said:

So?  ask nintendo fans today how they liked the N64 and the Gamecube and their games? Ask Xbox owners who started with the first one how they liked the original Xbox? they will tell you those are all better than the 360 and Wii, fact

In the end that doesn't matter because when one side is winning that you clearly don't like you will voice out reason.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

walsufnir said:
Wait, I think people don't trust numbers anymore? What about the topics which said VGC would not have accurate numbers? Or are they only trustworthy in software numbers but not in hardware numbers?

Wait, did you find any people doubting the numbers in one thread and praising/using them in another? If so, do tell. If not, there's no real issue here.

Aeolus451 said:
ZhugeEX said:

Official data. 

Check my thread / post history. I like to contribute with data and have done so in the past. 

What I'm doing here is pointing out that the VGChartz data does not match up with known official data. 

Swordmasterman said:
ZhugeEX said:

Official data. 

From Who ?, Activision, and Microsoft, Stopped of Giving any Official data.

From the companies that provide it. 

As I said above, all I'm saying is that VGChartz data does not line up with official KNOWN data. Therefore this thread title may not be correct at all. 

I'd rather we have an official source rather than one which we know is wrong to a degree. 

If anything, me being the only person in this thread to point this out can at least alert the mods or ioi to take a look at the tracking or estimating etc... to try and work out why they arrived at a higher number and improve their methodology for future tracking. 

After all, their methodology page even says-

All data is regularly checked against manufacturer shipments and data released publicly from other tracking firms to ensure accuracy.

Chazore said:
Swordmasterman said:

So?  ask nintendo fans today how they liked the N64 and the Gamecube and their games? Ask Xbox owners who started with the first one how they liked the original Xbox? they will tell you those are all better than the 360 and Wii, fact

In the end that doesn't matter because when one side is winning that you clearly don't like you will voice out reason.

So What you are Saying ? , That i Cannot enjoy Fallout, Skyrim, The Witcher , Project Cars, Assasin's Creed, Hitman, Grand Theft Auto, Borderlands, Bio Shock, and a Bunch of Other Franchises only Because my Favorite franchises are Japanese Franchises ?, Have something that is "Favorite" does not means that you dont like the Other things, just Means that you like this other more.

Only Because i like More Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Tekken, does not Means that i Cannot Enjoy other Franchises, or that i Hate the other franchises, Seems that i Dont like How Microsoft, in 15 Years of Console Market, did not made more than Halo, and Forza, Seems that if i Disagree with "Not Making New IP", Means that I'm a "Weeabo", and a "Sony Fanboy", Microsoft, does not Create IPS, because of that they are not the Company to Lead the Industrie, they care more about the Windows than Xbox, and Despite in a How Good position Xbox, would be, Microsoft, would do the same.

And I'm Sure that the DreamCast, the Original Xbox, and the Gamecube, had a Lot of good games even with Playstation 2's Dominance, same with the Playstation 1, do you Think that the NIntendo 64, Players, Were Worried while Playing the 007'S Game ?, and the Players from Sega, that Were Playing one of the Best JRPG Out there ?.

If Nintendo, takes the Lead i can see a lot of Their games that is Japanese Only, Going for the West Really Faster, But i Can also see a More Japanese Appeal Policy.

IF Playstation, is on the Lead i can see Preety Much Each Genre Doing so well that Everyone can auto-sustain, and of Course Bunch of New Ips Made by Sony, or Published by Sony, i Can see a More Global Appeal Policy, with this Monopoly.

If Xbox, is on the Lead, so i See Microsoft, Trying to Sell more Halo, and Forza, and Maybe Buying a Multiplataform's Big hit, and Trying to Make Milk from a Rock, also a Big "USA Only" Policy, they would focus more on Online Content and would make a Shooter Multiplayer after another.

If Microsoft, Suports something like EA Acess, There also would be a "Acess" from each Developer, and this Would be Terrible for the Industrie because the developers would focus more on DLC, than on the Game It-self, and you would be Paying More than 60US$ Per Month to Play games that you Do Not Own.