By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Passes 200m Software Sales!!

SWORDF1SH said:
tak13 said:

Congratulations! By the way, I have seen you many times doing that misguided comparison (Oh you choose the apple and oranges route, the one that you allegedly don't like..), passing 3ds software sales is not a big feat... Since is very easy for ps4 to do it, 3ds has almost no third party support in general (only in Japan is in a somewhat better position), it's a console that relies mainly to its mother Nintendo and first parties...

Also 3ds doesn't have like ps4 a new (sequel) call of duty, a fifa, e.t.c every year (annual releases) or tons of third party games every month (of which, many are major).
This comment is not for downplaying ps4 but to show how easy the achievement is...

3DS's releases this year (which also are the major ones), was only Zelda Majora's Mask, Animal Crossing happy home designer and Monster hunter 4 for the west... Ooops and the Xenoblade x New 3ds port...
Do you wanna start enumerating ps4 one's? It will take a long! Hmmm, you would say 4th year of 3ds vs 2nd year ps4... However, PS4 4th year won't differ much from its second one, because annual sequels e.t.c...

I'm not sure what you argument is. I'm not making fun of you opinion because I might be missing something. You want to discount software sales because the same games isn't on Nintendo consoles? I'm not sure if there is any reasonable logic behind this.

I made myself clear with a reply to another guy! What? I warned... see the bolded.

Forgive me , for my opinion which is that you have to win someone with equal  or  same guns for your victory to be a big feat... Trust me, I would say exactly the same thing if software-wise 3ds was in ps4 position and ps4 in 3ds position.

Personally, when my team expectedly wins a team which has a handicap compared to me, I'm not partying, I'm celebrating when Ι win someone on my level... Hardware sales-wise, ps4 and 3ds are in an approximately equal position, ps4 has something more than great chance to end up above 3ds, with a considerable difference and it can surpass it earlier than expected, yeah this will be a huge fair win/accomplishment for me.

Around the Network

Tak it's not the PS4's fault it's more attractive to 3Rd party devs. huge blame lies on nintendo for fucking up their 3Rd party relationships when they were once good long ago but huge blame also lies on the Nintendo fanbase who don't buy these major 3Rd party games in big enough numbers.

Playstation players do, hence they get the big 3Rd party games. You can argue all you want on how big an achievement this is but I'm just pointing out the facts and the milestones.

And they are :
1. PS4 over 200m Software
2. PS4 soon to be the leader in this gens software

Congrats to ps4, you are the king this gen.

you meant 150m!?

That's why I laugh whenever I hear that whole "no games" bullshit. 54 x million selling games since launch - that's 2 games a month. What are the trolls going to say at the end of 2016 with Sony's stacked lineup - probably "too many games!"

AEGRO said:
The industry is healthier when Playstation is on top. Numbers reflect that.

The Playstation 4 is a beast!!!

Great numbers indeed but how does that equate to the industry being healthy than when the industry has it's competitiors being neck and neck?.

I mean from my pov things don't look healthy for MS or Ninty at all, more bleack actually and bleak for their fans too.

I would imagine things being healthier when all 3 are at their best, when all 3 have great numbers, games and userbases, I prefder when things are fair and everyone is a winner than one.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
tak13 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I'm not sure what you argument is. I'm not making fun of you opinion because I might be missing something. You want to discount software sales because the same games isn't on Nintendo consoles? I'm not sure if there is any reasonable logic behind this.

I made myself clear with a reply to another guy! What? I warned... see the bolded.

Forgive me , for my opinion which is that you have to win someone with equal  or  same guns for your victory to be a big feat... Trust me, I would say exactly the same thing if software-wise 3ds was in ps4 position and ps4 in 3ds position.

Personally, when my team expectedly wins a team which has a handicap compared to me, I'm not partying, I'm celebrating when Ι win someone on my level... Hardware sales-wise, ps4 and 3ds are in an approximately equal position, ps4 has something more than great chance to end up above 3ds, with a considerable difference and it can surpass it earlier than expected, yeah this will be a huge fair win/accomplishment for me.

I didn't say that you were downplaying ps4 software sale. You seem a little edgy on the subject so not going to bother. 

Aeolus451 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Global Software by Platform

PlatformYearly (change)Total
Wii 177,044,396 (+137%) 260,313,964
DS 155,417,503 (+41%) 369,291,328
X360 108,909,458 (+77%) 198,413,677
PS3 88,788,171 (+139%) 127,995,128
PSP 48,081,613 (+24%) 137,702,412
PC 5,857,447 (+101%) N/A
Total584,098,588(+80%) 

Edit. That's global software total up to that point btw.

The 360 was a beast.

Chazore said:
AEGRO said:
The industry is healthier when Playstation is on top. Numbers reflect that.

The Playstation 4 is a beast!!!

Great numbers indeed but how does that equate to the industry being healthy than when the industry has it's competitiors being neck and neck?.

I mean from my pov things don't look healthy for MS or Ninty at all, more bleack actually and bleak for their fans too.

I would imagine things being healthier when all 3 are at their best, when all 3 have great numbers, games and userbases, I prefder when things are fair and everyone is a winner than one.

Thelldo fine, just like they did during the PS1 and PS2 era which are considered the best generations by most gamers

Not bad but still not as good as Xbox one. That thing is a sales beast! I know because timdog told me so and I trust him cause he's honest!

Ruler said:

Thelldo fine, just like they did during the PS1 and PS2 era which are considered the best generations by most gamers

Only by those that loved the brand.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"