By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be OK with Nintendo killing the Wii U so early?

Are you ok with killing the Wii U so early?

Yes 320 53.60%

No 277 46.40%

Total:597
theARTIST0017 said:
RolStoppable said:
Anyone who remembers the GC's fifth year will be happy that the Wii U is done after four years.

And the Wii...

And the N64

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

My answer is a resounding yes. I love my Wii U but if Nintendo is ready to move on then I am too. Besides its not like my Wii U collection is going anywhere. It'll always be there ready for more gaming fun whenever I want. Technology is moving faster than ever. Its time that consoles evolve too.

zorg1000 said:
It's pretty hard to say Nintendo didn't give adequate support to Wii U during its lifetime, here are the games published by them.

New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Sing Party
Lego City Undercover
Game & Wario
New Super Luigi U
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Pokémon Rumble U
Wii Parry U
Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3D World
Wii Fit U
Mario & Sonic Sochi Olympics
Wii Sports Club
NES Remix
NES Remix 2
Dr. Luigi
DKC: Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8
Pushmo World
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Kirby & the Rainbow Curse
Mario Party 10
Mario & DK: Tipping Stars
Splatoon
Art Academy: Home Studio
Super Mario Maker
Yoshi's Woolly World
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Devil's Third
Twilight Princess HD
Star Fox Zero
Pokken Tournament
Mario & Sonic Rio Olympics
SMT X Fire Emblem
Legend of Zelda U

So many games... even if they were to let it "die" it would still be a busy machine.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

AEGRO said:

Nintendo missteps wont be solved by releasing a new console. 

Nintendo will be Nintendo regardless of the device.

I dont know why people have this mentality that the NX will be the savior of the company, when the suits are the ones fucking things up.

If i were a Wii U user, i would like to see some changes from Nintendo before even think about owning another console by them.

I also grew up with Nintendo bro, i had the NES, SNES, N64 and the Wii. But there comes a time that enough is enough. I got sick with the way that they do business. It is not consumer friendly.

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same way, which is why I am not currently planning to buy an NX.

As a Nintendo fan since 1994, I am sick of them behaving the way they do; the lack of ambition and diversity, the refusal to adapt to the market, the delays and game droughts, etc.

The Wii U has made me very hesitant to invest in another console from Nintendo.

But how do you know they won't carry these bad habits to NX as well?

Make Retro do Diddy Kong Racing 2 or some other unneeded game, another toon Zelda, etc.

A new system is no guarantee that Nintendo will change their ways.

This. So much this.

Nintendo have to make changes on their core as a company, get along with the times, stop playing the "we dont compete directly with Sony and Microsoft" bullshit, be agressive, innovate in ways that push the industry forward, make amends with the third party companies, take more risks with new IP's (Splatoon hopefully made them understand that the world dont spin around Mario), etc.

There is so much untaped potential with Nintendo, but they settle with so little because nobody asks for better.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Pavolink said:

Yes. I will be more than OK if this mean the ending of a generation that lacks ambition and games nobody asked for.

But how do you know they won't carry these bad habits to NX as well?

Make Retro do Diddy Kong Racing 2 or some other unneeded game, another toon Zelda, etc.

A new system is no guarantee that Nintendo will change their ways.

We know what will happen if they keep the Wii U. We don't know with a new console. There's my hope.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

No - I have always wanted another year of great games! I am sure that if tehy wnated Nintendo could have pulled a few more great games. Star Fox - Zelda remake - Zelda U - We just neededed 4/5 more great games to make 2016 amazing!

Switch!!!

Sometimes it is good to be different - we cannot say Nintendo did not deliver great games for WiiU - being different is not a problem We can easily say nintendo is investing in innovation and created new IPs too this generation - I don't agree with people that are not happy with Nintendo becasue it is not Sony - Nintendo should never be Sony - my owrry is that to sell tehy will give in and become just another one in teh market than at that point diversity - risk taking - innovation will be dead for me.

Switch!!!

Thunderbird77 said:
Midrange said:

let me rephrase. Games on the wii u are limited to the weakest hardware for current gen home console gaming. It wouldn't be a problem if the performance of the hardware was close to that of the competition, but let's be real, the ps4/xbox1 run laps around the wii u

You're not making any sense on that. No one will look at wii u games and think they were limited by hardware.

Are you kidding me? it happens all the time. People look at games like xenoblade x and bayonetta 2, wanting them to be on other platforms where they are not limited by hardware.

If releasing a powerful console earlier means killing off the wii u, I say go for it. Then Nintendo can have a platform where games aren't limited to last gen specs

midrange said:
Thunderbird77 said:

You're not making any sense on that. No one will look at wii u games and think they were limited by hardware.

Are you kidding me? it happens all the time. People look at games like xenoblade x and bayonetta 2, wanting them to be on other platforms where they are not limited by hardware.

If releasing a powerful console earlier means killing off the wii u, I say go for it. Then Nintendo can have a platform where games aren't limited to last gen specs.

If those games were on other platforms, the major difference would be resolution, not much more than that. I don't know about your wii u, but the one nintendo sells doesn't have last gen specs.