By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Consoles and Durability: Ever Have Any Console Break On You?

Tagged games:

Has any of your consoles ever broken down?

Yes 152 66.09%

No 78 33.91%

Total:230

just my Game Gear

Around the Network

One ps1, two ps2 and one 360... I also think my precious dreamcast is dying

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

mochachino said:
360 thread?

Actually... not as many as I thought, surprisingly xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

BraLoD said:
Nope, still have them all working normally.
The only one that broke was because of my bother, he dropped grape juice all over our Madter System and it broke, but not the system fault.

Ouch.. sorry to hear that. I actually had a friend have that happen to his Vita, and had to be repaired. : X It was lame for him indeed...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Every Nes I've ever owned has been absolute torture to get working. My first dreamcast I would have manually move the laser every time I started it up then it was fine, my second white one and sega sports ones are tanks. I've lost a fat PS3 that was my brother in law was borrowing at the hospital. A nurse closed the drawer it was in and it overheated. Ylod the next week so I sent it to Sony to get fixed. Is still my baby to this day. My slim PS3 psu went out so I bought a doner slim for $20 to replace the Psu. It's mind boggling how many 360s have failed me. I have three 360s hooked up right now with 6 doner consoles for parts. All my systems are currently working but I'm have disc read issues intermittently with my xbone. All of my current consoles I have. "I have a lot" are currently doing pretty well.

Around the Network

My wii was crashing every time I tried to play a game. Nintendo gave me a free one.

I've played my Nintendo DS lite like crazy so now the LR buttons are broken and the hinge is floppy, but it still works and I still ocassionally play it to this day!

My 3DS X button is a bit unresponsive now too D:

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Lrdfancypants said:
Darc Requiem said:
My original NES died eventually. I wanted get the redesigned top loading model because the front loading design was the source of the NES's reliability issues. My PS2 died in under a year and half, but everyone one I knew had issues with their PS2 failing. It was sort of like the next console I had issues with minus the free replacement. The 360. I had two 360s red ring on me. If MS didn't replace them for free, I would abandoned the platform like I did the PS2.

I wish MS had replaced my 360's but I was unlucky and they broke very early during the denial stage.  

That's what happened to me with my PS2. It broke before Sony settled the class action lawsuit for DRE. I was pissed. I didn't buy a Sony console until I bought my PS3 in 2009. Ironically I bought it to swap consoles with my brother who had a launch PS3 (Full BC). Of course I didn't know ridiculous the save file data was on PS3. He had multiple locked saved files that didn't move over. So I had to keep the non-BC PS3. I was trying to get some of the PS2 games I missed. Ah well, my bro's launch PS3 ended up with YLOD. If the swap had happened, I may not have bought a PS4 at launch.

5 different XB360's
3 repairs for my BC PS3
1 bad Gamecube lense
1 crushed Wii

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Disc drive went to shambles on my 360. Owned three of them, all told.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7