By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Consoles and Durability: Ever Have Any Console Break On You?

Tagged games:

Has any of your consoles ever broken down?

Yes 152 66.09%

No 78 33.91%

Total:230
DonFerrari said:
Eddie_Raja said:
DonFerrari said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Don't doubt it - that is the flat-rate repair cost no matter what it is.   Yeah you can buy a whole new console for the price of a GPU that is 4x stronger than the one in the console.

What you're not taking into acount is that you could also pay $50-$100  for a GPU that is as strong as the one you broke, or like I said - PAY $10 TO HAVE IT REPAIRED.

Ok, keep gaming on PC and consider the breaks as no breaks.

WuT?  LOL you lost me.

We are talking about console durability and from your answer I understood you think it's irrelevant to count PC break downs.

I never said that at all.  In fact if you payed attention to many of the posts I made in this thread you would see that I said consoles are generally more reliable.  I said that when a PC breaks down though it is often far less of an issue because it is almost always only 1 part that needs replacing, and that part can be an upgrade that enhances your experience or far cheaper than what it takes to replace a console.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Mirson said:

PS2: Lasted around 5 years. Got the dreaded disc read error. Got a slim after thst.

PS3 60GB: Lasted about a year. Got the yellow light. I bought the slim after that and haven't had a problem since. 7 years running.

PS4: Died after 5 months from some power failure. My refurbished is doing good so far. 7 months running.

Sorry about your PS4... why didn't the warranty cover it? Used or import?

Yeah it did, but they gave me  a  new one  because  they couldn't  fix the  original one. I knew it was going to die since it got super loud.

Eddie_Raja said:
DonFerrari said:
Eddie_Raja said:

WuT?  LOL you lost me.

We are talking about console durability and from your answer I understood you think it's irrelevant to count PC break downs.

I never said that at all.  In fact if you payed attention to many of the posts I made in this thread you would see that I said consoles are generally more reliable.  I said that when a PC breaks down though it is often far less of an issue because it is almost always only 1 part that needs replacing, and that part can be an upgrade that enhances your experience or far cheaper than what it takes to replace a console.

I see... but considering that PC have a lot of SW breakdowns, needs reinstall, reseting, etc it's almost impossible to really count the failures on PC.

Mirson said:
DonFerrari said:

Sorry about your PS4... why didn't the warranty cover it? Used or import?

Yeah it did, but they gave me  a  new one  because  they couldn't  fix the  original one. I knew it was going to die since it got super loud.

You said you got a refurbished, so the warranty gave you a refurbish instead of a new right? Well at least they solved the issue. Hope if this one doesn't fail under warranty then that it survive for several years.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ps2 ,Xbox 360 and Gameboy Advance SP

I had to get 3 xbox 360's before I finally said fuck this and sold it never to deal with microsoft ever again that was like 2010 i would say. Red Ring 3 times

I had an old fat launch Ps2 that broke only about 2 months into owning it. Stopped reading disks

My gameboy advance SP just randomly stopped it would power on but nothing would show up.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

Xbox 360 fat, like everybody who owned that piece of crap.