By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Consoles and Durability: Ever Have Any Console Break On You?

Tagged games:

Has any of your consoles ever broken down?

Yes 152 66.09%

No 78 33.91%

Total:230
tiffac said:

My Xbox 360 launch console got RROD just over a year in its life cycle and it happened 2-3 more times after. I got it fixed and it's still working but the DVD drive won't open anymore because of age.

So your 360 was 4 times to repair? and now it has a differnt issue with the DVD drive? jeez that is just bad luck dude.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Completely uncalled for.

What I think of everytime I see you moderating someone.

EDIT: damn you're being harsh on poor Versus too.

barneystinson69 said:

Nope. All my console's always worked, even the original xbox 360...

That is one thing that mystifies me about the original Xbox 360s. Many of them failed very early on...but the ones that did not seem to have lasted a long time. My friend also has an original Xbox 360, and despite making really odd fan and disc drive noises (which to be fair, if it was any other device I would say it was probably on its last legs or already somehow broken), it continues to work fine to this day.

Turning on my PS2 again, now I have to lay something on the back end of it for CDs to read. That's not a good sign...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

JRPGfan said:
tiffac said:

My Xbox 360 launch console got RROD just over a year in its life cycle and it happened 2-3 more times after. I got it fixed and it's still working but the DVD drive won't open anymore because of age.

So your 360 was 4 times to repair? and now it has a differnt issue with the DVD drive? jeez that is just bad luck dude.

Yeah 4 times and I had no warranty since it was an import. No local dealers would accept it (ah I love my country) but it was worth it in the end I got to play JRPGs that were exclusive to the 360 at that time.

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:

Its fine, i derserved it.

Oh, I see. You like being naughty and getting spanked with other people, but when I wanna be your master you put me aside. Not cool, Versus. Not cool. >:(

Yeah, a few of the first playstations, the PS-One has the record of being bricked in less then a week. The only Nintendo console I had problems with was one my brother "bathed" in about 5 quarts of Orange Soda. I went through 3 Xbox 360's before giving up. I guess it could be worse.

- Wii disc drive need to be cleaned (Smash Bros issue). Nintendo did this for free...
- Wii U fan failed. Luckily was within its warranties time...

But - I'm a heavy smoker and I've seen small computers fans failing here after some days...

360 thread?

N64 thumb sticks age like milk.

And my xenon 360 is broken too. What horrible hardware that was....

I LOVE ICELAND!