By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did the Little Big Planet series die?....

I felt they added too much content to lbp2/3 and ..... They didn't really market obp3(which sold a couple million units....) I guess since media molecule didn't develop it?

mM
Around the Network

It's novelty wore off once people realized that nobody made any levels that were actually fun to play. Also, the actual mechanics of the game were terrible. Horribly slow for a platformer. I'm pretty sure I have played atari games with a knock off joystick that felt smoother than LBP. I'm getting angry just thinking about it.

Edit: Also, the art style. The sackboy looks awesome, but the environments look terrible, the collectibles looked aweful and weren't fun to collect, and nobody wants the damn stickers. I better leave before I say something I regret. I just really hate LBP.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

BraLoD said:

Dreams is aimed to be a 3D level creator, the freedom that things seems to give the player to create basically anything is insane, go watch some stuff from it.
It can be pretty much anything you want and can afford to make, 3D platforming included. But I don't know about the single player campaign.

I have seen footage from it and I had that same impression of the game being those things you listed. But it seemed to me like Dreams is a facilitor for people to create stuff, rather than a game with a single player a la LBP with an ambitious level creator as companion.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I've bought all three and nothing as really changed with story mode. Tools for level creation have vastly improved and changed but failure to keep story mode fresh has limited it's appeal. Plus I've never played a single level in story and thought 'wow'! It just too repetitive too quick.

If it wasn't for the community levels and brilliant tools to build levels, we probably wouldn't of had a lbp 2.

Lbp3 is amazing to be honest, best game in the series with the worst sales, but still decent across both platforms. It should have legs considering how ps4 is selling and that there probably won't be another game in a while

Around the Network
homer said:

It's novelty wore off once people realized that nobody made any levels that were actually fun to play. Also, the actual mechanics of the game were terrible. Horribly slow for a platformer. I'm pretty sure I have played atari games with a knock off joystick that felt smoother than LBP. I'm getting angry just thinking about it.

Edit: Also, the art style. The sackboy looks awesome, but the environments look terrible, the collectibles looked aweful and weren't fun to collect, and nobody wants the damn stickers. I better leave before I say something I regret. I just really hate LBP.

There are thousands of excellent levels but for every gem, there's 50 turd bombs. 

Because it isn't fun.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Love Little Big Planet series, I got the game not expecting much and in the end it was just such a great little fun game played it on the PSP as well. I hope they continue with this series it would be a shame to let it go.

As for sales LBP usually it has some good leg when it come to sales.

It has no soul. Its very plain and bland. Gives too much power to the user where it should really be restricted. Super Mario, Crash Bandicoot and Sonic the Hedgehog came to fame using this logic of creating an interesting an charismatic character in an equally interesting world. LBP has no quality like this. To me its just a creation game. 

I really like the LBP series too, I just don't think they really changed enough from one to another to keep it's sales up.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.