By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - J.J. Abrams responds to criticism over TFA being a rip-off of A New Hope

sabvre42 said:

I am seriously butthurt over Rey becoming a jedi goddess with no training.

In Episode VIII I expect Rey to have a five minutes monologue about how eveything Yoda did was wrong.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

If Rey is a man, i bet you all have no problems with it cause reasons x and y.

The sexism in this thread is real.

I think their problem is not that she is a powerful female jedi, but how fast she seems to have become one.

Nah they are mad cause they overhyped Kylo Ren. He's a weak jedi-to-be-sith-trainee. It's not Rey's fault that she's better in tune with the force, the fact she has a stable mental and psychological status and the fact he has severe daddy issues are helping her cause. Chewbacca shot him too which made it really really easier.

You're saying she's a powerful jedI but without definite power levels between someone like Luke and her. Its possible near death Yoda or those unnamed  young Jedis could one shot her and Ben. 

sabvre42 said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
sabvre42 said:
Its not even about the whole doing Episode IV again for me... but the fact that they fucked the entire lore and trashed the EU.

ROFL - did you really just pull the fucking sexism card? I shit you not, what you just said is probably the most ignorant post I have seen on this entire website since i started browsing it like 6 years ago. Seriously, you just straight pissed me the fuck off.

I would have been butt hurt if it was a male too. The whole concept of the force requires people to learn to use it over time through training and experience. You don't suddenly gain Jedi mastery instaneously. It doesn't matter if its a male OR a female.

Please, for the love of god do not enter threads like this and throw the sexism card just because you want to. (Also note - I have two daughters and strongly appreciate movies and games with a strong female leads).

LMaO The fact you all are targeting hate on Rey and not Finn proves the point.

It's sexism and there's nothing else about it.

kurasakiichimaru said:
sabvre42 said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
sabvre42 said:
Its not even about the whole doing Episode IV again for me... but the fact that they fucked the entire lore and trashed the EU.

ROFL - did you really just pull the fucking sexism card? I shit you not, what you just said is probably the most ignorant post I have seen on this entire website since i started browsing it like 6 years ago. Seriously, you just straight pissed me the fuck off.

I would have been butt hurt if it was a male too. The whole concept of the force requires people to learn to use it over time through training and experience. You don't suddenly gain Jedi mastery instaneously. It doesn't matter if its a male OR a female.

Please, for the love of god do not enter threads like this and throw the sexism card just because you want to. (Also note - I have two daughters and strongly appreciate movies and games with a strong female leads).

Did you even watch the movie or are you just trying to be an ignorant feminist?

Fin displayed NO force powers other than some minor piloting abilities and a slightly unnatural ability to use the light saber (which he still got defeated while wielding). Rey on the other hand could both resist mind reading AND mind read; could defeat a trained sith (trained by both luke AND snoke) with the lightsaber; had insane piloting abilities, could force mind control AND use force telekesis. 

FYI Anakin was the force jesus... born from the living force and couldn't do any of that until Obi-Won/Qui-Gon trained him. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PRECENDENCE IN AAAANNNNNNNYYYYYYYY STAR WARS LORE TO ESTABLISH THIS.

If you want to cry sexist, got bitch at Disney about the fact that Fin has way more merchandising. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

kurasakiichimaru said:

Nah they are mad cause they overhyped Kylo Ren. He's a weak jedi-to-be-sith-trainee. It's not Rey's fault that she's better in tune with the force, the fact she has a stable mental and psychological status and the fact he has severe daddy issues are helping her cause. Chewbacca shot him too which made it really really easier.

You're saying she's a powerful jedI but without definite power levels between someone like Luke and her. Its possible near death Yoda or those unnamed  young Jedis could one shot her and Ben.

It's a pitty that there are no more portable midichlorian tests like the one Qui-Gon had. That would help explain things a little more.

Actually, I think Star Wars could do with one of those Ki-detector thingys Dragon Ball has:

We could have an immediate idea of how powerful each Sith and Jedi is.

I expect Rey's progress to be explained later on, she has a central role and she doesn't seem like an ordinary Jedi so I hope they explain how special she is or something.

I can understand Ren's fight, but I didn't like how he could feel Han Solo when arrived close to the HQ in the Star-Killer, but then had to wait for Han Solo to reveal himself to know his location while Ren was looking for him. That was weird.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
sabvre42 said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
sabvre42 said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
sabvre42 said:

Fin displayed NO force powers other than some minor piloting abilities and a slightly unnatural ability to use the light saber (which he still got defeated while wielding). Rey on the other hand could both resist mind reading AND mind read; could defeat a trained sith (trained by both luke AND snoke) with the lightsaber; had insane piloting abilities, could force mind control AND use force telekesis. 

FYI Anakin was the force jesus... born from the living force and couldn't do any of that until Obi-Won/Qui-Gon trained him.

If you want to cry sexist, got bitch at Disney about the fact that Fin has way more merchandising. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

Ummm stop.The fact Finn with not even a drop of Midichlorblahs on his body got to hit and withstand Kylo Ren for too long when he can't even beat an effing Stormtrooper is an even a crying mess. You don't see us gloating about it the way you and the rest of the Rey Haters do with Rey is infact proves the sexism in your camps.

kurasakiichimaru said:
sabvre42 said:

FYI Anakin was the force jesus... born from the living force and couldn't do any of that until Obi-Won/Qui-Gon trained him.

Ummm stop.The fact Finn with not even a drop of Midichlorblahs on his body got to hit and withstand Kylo Ren too long when he can't even beat a Stormtrooper is an even a crying mess. You don't see us gloating about it the way you and the rest of the Rey Haters do with Rey is infact sexism.

Obviously you are racist and just hate Fin because he is black. Why is it that a white female has to be stronger than a black guy? Everything you are saying is infact racism.

kurasakiichimaru said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I think their problem is not that she is a powerful female jedi, but how fast she seems to have become one.

Wow, I guess you weren't joking.

Well, I contend that you and the filmmakers are the true sexists.  One of three ways.  Either a) you are fine with her being completely in tune with the force just because she is a girl, while people on here would have been equally pissed if when they found Anakin in Ep. 1 he would have almost everything mastered everything in a couple of days, since that's lazy writing or b) you wanted a strong female character and to you that means "girl power" overcomes all or c) you don't feel girls deserve the character arc that a man would be given in having to train to become better.

sabvre42 said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
sabvre42 said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
sabvre42 said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
sabvre42 said:

Ummm stop.The fact Finn with not even a drop of Midichlorblahs on his body got to hit and withstand Kylo Ren too long when he can't even beat a Stormtrooper is an even a crying mess. You don't see us gloating about it the way you and the rest of the Rey Haters do with Rey is infact sexism.

Obviously you are racist and just hate Fin because he is black. Why is it that a white female has to be stronger than a black guy? Everything you are saying is infact racism.

The fact you're being cornered and you're using the racist card when every jedi can be from practically all races besides probably fish and as you say Finn has not been implied as a Jedi. Proves the point of the sexism against Rey sadly.tHank you for proving my point. ;)

sabvre42 said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

OMG, you are right.  I think this guy needs to be banned for all the racially insensitive stuff he is spewing.  A black man with combat training can't fight a white man who also had combat training.  Someone needs to check their white privilege.