By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL charts week 12 (2008) vegas 2 first week

Good debut for RSV2 on both systems, but we'll have to see what the % split is. I'd guess more than 2-1 to 360.

Ao2 drops heavily on both systems, and is actually below COD4 on All Formats Chart.

"12 (NE) [WII] SEGA SUPERSTARS TENNIS, SEGA"

Sega seem to have Wii cracked in UK, but then again UK has always been Sega's strongest market. Quite funny how this did on PS3:

"28 (NE) [PS3] SEGA SUPERSTARS TENNIS, SEGA"

That's from the PS3 chart, only just squeezed into the PS3 Top 30. Didn't even chart on the 360 Top 20 (I don't know why 360 chart is only top 20 this week). Total bomb, but Wii version will save it.

COD4 still selling like hotcakes, number 3 on the All Formats Chart, this must be first choice for many new system buyers, along with Halo 3 and Resistance, which explains why all are doing well this week. Easter is really big for sales in the UK, so a lot of hardware probably got shifted this weekend especially with 360 price drop plus lots of retailer promotions.

Around the Network

WOW M&S beat Vegas PS3 in its debut week.... impressive... HW much have been up a bit, WiiPlay seemed to rebound.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Chart-Track comment :

Ubisoft's gamble on Vegas sequel pays off :

‘Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas 2’ strikes it rich at the top of the All Formats chart, awarding Ubisoft their first All Formats No1 of the year and giving the Tom Clancy franchise its 5th All Formats No1 (previous Tom Clancy No1’s were ‘Splinter Cell’, ‘Pandora Tomorrow’, ‘Lockdown’ and ‘Warfighter 2’).

The tactical shooter records 77% of sales on Xbox 360 and the remainder on PS3 with the Xbox 360 version selling 3.6 times more than the original had achieved on Microsoft’s next-gen format back in December 2006. ‘Rainbow Six: Vegas 2’ becomes the 4th fastest selling Xbox 360 game in the UK, behind ‘Halo 3’, ‘Call of Duty 4’ and only 1,000 units behind Ubisoft’s very own ‘Assassin’s Creed’. Despite a healthy 60% jump in sales, last weeks No1 ‘Mario and Sonic’ has to settle for second place.

Activision claim the next 2 positions with ‘Call of Duty 4’ up from No5 to No3 and ‘Guitar Hero III’ up from No7 to No4. Renewed stock propels ‘Wii Play’ back into the All Formats Top 40 at No7, while EA’s ‘Army of Two’ is the only All Formats Top 10 title to lose sales, down from No2 to No8. ‘Sega Superstars Tennis’ manages to get its first serve into the Top 10, new at No10. The appearance of the Wii version of ‘CSI: Hard Evidence’ means a re-entry for the Ubisoft game at No24 and an improved second week for the film tie-in ‘The Spiderwick Chronicles’ from Vivendi leads to its first Top 40 showing at No26. Easter promotions push amongst others ‘Cooking Mama’ from 505 Games and Sony’s ‘Resistance: Fall of Man’ back into the Top 40 at No’s 29 and 30 respectively.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder what percentage of the sales of "Sega Super Star Tennis" the Wii version account for. All the other versions seem to have perfomed very badly.

Very impressive first week sales for 360 RSV2, outselling the PS3 version 3-1 too, but that would seem to be down to 360 version selling great, rather than PS3 version selling badly.

There's a reason Chart-Track didn't post Sega Super Star Tennis split, The Wii version probably accounted for 95% :D

It's interesting to see RSV 2 360 beat the PS3 version so easily, especially after AC sold more on the PS3 than 360 in EU

Around the Network

Ireland added.
So vegas 2 in uk, is very strong in comparison with the ps 3 version. I wait the others country to see if it will be the same, even in Italy, i think it is possible.

Price drop is helping 360 games big time.

GT5:P comes out next week! What's with Resistance?! It isn't bundled.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I think the extreme sales of R6: Vegas 2 on the 360 have something to do with the original launching on the platform initially. So they take it by association which platform they recognize the most.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

^360 owners are also more likely to be early adopters of FPS games.. PS3 owners like them, but it does not seem like they gravitate to them as quickly.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Good debut for sega super tennis... its way ahead from 360 and PS3 versions...
and bully getting decent sales