By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 has sold through 35.9million units as of January 3rd!

PotentHerbs said:
PS2 >> PS4.

PS4 > X360.
PS4 > Wii.

Can the PS4 outsell the PS1?

the PS1 only sold like 1 million more than the wii, should be a given if it passes the wii which it will.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Awesome! 50m incoming in 2016!

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Who of you knows how much X1 sold by Jan the 3rd ? Maybe VGC is Overtracking it ? I'm just curious. Why MS is not giving official figures ? Or maybe they released them but I missed it.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
Who of you knows how much X1 sold by Jan the 3rd ? Maybe VGC is Overtracking it ? I'm just curious. Why MS is not giving official figures ? Or maybe they released them but I missed it.

To answer the bolded question: Microsoft stopped give numbers a long time ago. Nobody knows why for 100% sure but it's probably because PS4 is far ahead.

To answer your question about XB1 sales: Microsoft recently said that Xbox One was stll outpacing Xbox 360: http://news.xbox.com/2016/01/04/greatest-games-extends-to-2016/ This puts the console above 17.7million shipped.

poklane said:
Nate4Drake said:

To answer the bolded question: Microsoft stopped give numbers a long time ago. Nobody knows why for 100% sure but it's probably because PS4 is far ahead.

To answer your question about XB1 sales: Microsoft recently said that Xbox One was stll outpacing Xbox 360: http://news.xbox.com/2016/01/04/greatest-games-extends-to-2016/ This puts the console above 17.7million shipped.

It's just a feeling, but maybe X1 is way below the 19.2M sold according to VGC(by week ending Dec the 26th)...MS would have made a huge PR saying :"we have almost sold 20M X1 by the end of 2015"...but this did not happen; makes me wonder how much they sold, could be not more than 18M, just a guess.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:
50m by October.

you are sure ? its hard to say ^^

Persona 5, Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy 15, Street Fighter 5, the better multigames ect , i say 45 million by october ^^

60% by years end?

KazumaKiryu said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
50m by October.

Persona 5, Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy 15, Street Fighter 5, the better multigames ect , i say 45 million by october ^^

They shipped 20 million last March. 8 months later they shipped 10m more making it 30.2. Now they're just shy of 36m, so another 8 months should be at 44-45m which would be around August. So 50m by October probably won't happen by it'll be close.

2013 - 4.2M
2014 - 14.3M
2015 - 17.4M
2016 - 20M ??

UltimateGamer1982 said:
KazumaKiryu said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
50m by October.

They shipped 20 million last March. 8 months later they shipped 10m more making it 30.2. Now they're just shy of 36m, so another 8 months should be at 44-45m which would be around August. So 50m by October probably won't happen by it'll be close.

Nice analysis... but it goes to shit if just before uncharted the PS4 gets another official price drop to $299..... and comes bundled with the game. oh, and a FF15 bundle too, and a horizon bundle.... 

I think people forget that this time last year the PS4 cost $399. Let's not forget whatever hype and sales boost VR generates. I would be very very shocked of they don't sell 9M PS4s in the next 10 months.