By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Steam sales data 2015 (estimates)

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin sold surprisingly really good!

Around the Network

Actually nevermind.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Actually nevermind.

How come?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Teeqoz said:

Seeing as you apparently still don't get it, I'm wondering if you need to be "schooled" thrice (lol, thrice).

But seeing as you aren't reading my posts (if you were, you would've understood the meaning by that statement by now), I won't bother to type another explanation. I'll just copy and paste the conclusion from my previous post. Obviously it would help if you read the rest, to get some more context, but that's up to you:

*If those people (20 games, playing on lower-end hardware) can't be considered interested in PC gaming, then yes, the majority of PC gamers aren't interested in PC gaming. Seeing as that statement is preposterous, I think the issue here maybe lies with the fact that they are generally interested in PC gaming. Just not as interested as you are in PC gaming.

I don't need schooling of any sort, I can read fine, I just don't agree with your points is all.

IF you felt copy+pasting the same article as if you're doing this:

Is somehow going to make sense or even things out then I don't even.

Like I said you could get right to the point and explain the black and white.

My point was that a lot of th users on VGC game on PC,  have a Steam account, and are interested in PC gaming, even though they aren't as interested as you are. Hence why I disagree with your original statement of 

"well the majority of users not being generally interested in the platform"

Teeqoz said:

My point was that a lot of th users on VGC game on PC,  have a Steam account, and are interested in PC gaming, even though they aren't as interested as you are. Hence why I disagree with your original statement of 

And that's why I included the typewriter example because the way you describe interest or being part of something means we are a part of everything despite our actual core interests and preferences.

Also when I talk of interest have you noticed how many pages a console game egts or even talked about let alone any of the 3 consoles of current gen and alst gen?. The PC topics me and basil let alone Zero have made hardly span more than 1-2, maybe 3 pages (unless you have your page settings set to a very low amount) and are usually met with undesired results, the interest you speak of sounds very different from the interest some of us talk about.

Again at the end of the day you can own a book and be called a vivid reading fan or own a car and be some model of car fan but your preferences and main interests are what make you a fan of what system, club, medium etc. I own two tablets, does that make me a mobile fan?, I own some DVD's, does that make me a film fan?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Teeqoz said:

And that's why I included the typewriter example because the way you describe interest or being part of something means we are a part of everything despite our actual core interests and preferences.

Also when I talk of interest have you noticed how many pages a console game egts or even talked about let alone any of the 3 consoles of current gen and alst gen?. The PC topics me and basil let alone Zero have made hardly span more than 1-2, maybe 3 pages (unless you have your page settings set to a very low amount) and are usually met with undesired results, the interest you speak of sounds very different from the interest some of us talk about.

Again at the end of the day you can own a book and be called a vivid reading fan or own a car and be some model of car fan but your preferences and main interests are what make you a fan of what system, club, medium etc. I own two tablets, does that make me a mobile fan?, I own some DVD's, does that make me a film fan?.

Which was why I asked, can only the people who game on high end hardware and own a lot of games (100+) be considered as being interested in PC gaming?

Would you say a person that owns a dozen books aren't interested in reading?

I'm not talking about being a PC gaming fan. I'm not a PL gaming fan, despite owning a good amount of games (48) (FYI Steamspy says 80% of Steam users own less than 4 games. Now, I know Steamspy isn't completely accurate, but Even with a 100% margin of error, I'm still far far above the majority of Steam users.), but I'm definitely interested in PC gaming. 

Of course, if by "generally interested in PC gaming" you mean owns a ton of games and high end hardware, then yeah, sure, most of the users on this site aren't generally interested in PC gaming, we can agree on that.

Teeqoz said:

Which was why I asked, can only the people who game on high end hardware and own a lot of games (100+) be considered as being interested in PC gaming?

Would you say a person that owns a dozen books aren't interested in reading?

I'm not talking about being a PC gaming fan. I'm not a PL gaming fan, despite owning a good amount of games (48) (FYI Steamspy says 80% of Steam users own less than 4 games. Now, I know Steamspy isn't completely accurate, but Even with a 100% margin of error, I'm still far far above the majority of Steam users.), but I'm definitely interested in PC gaming. 

Of course, if by "generally interested in PC gaming" you mean owns a ton of games and high end hardware, then yeah, sure, most of the users on this site aren't generally interested in PC gaming, we can agree on that.

The way you asked it would make it sound different to the way I'm trying to explain it, that's why I asked with "if I own a few DVD's, does that make me a film fan?", see I know I'm a star Wars fan, I go out of my way to collect a decent amount of merch, compared to the few DVD's I own that example seems to tell you that there is definitely a difference here. You say you have a few games on Steam but how often do you game and what do you game the most on?, what is your core preference?.(everyone has a core pref that can shift but they definitely do have an underlying core). As another example, for the longest time I was a console guy, however during all those years I played the odd few PC games during those times (RTS and P&C types) but my underlying main preference was that of being a console gamer. 3 years ago that changed when I acquired a job with more stable income and help from two friends, my main core pref switched from that of a console to that of a PC, I still game on a console at a few friends places whenever I visit and want to grab a Wii U and see what the NX has to offer but at the end of the day I'm more into PC gaming and it's my main platform which is why I was trying to point out to you how not many here aren't interested in the PC gaming side of things, the evidence clearly states as such with the amount of consoles news, discussions, sales data etc. I even told you of the threads PC gamers like me, Basil and Zero created and how they got on in terms of popularity which is to say not much and it shows.

Not trying to be mean or some spastic asshole but I strongly believe that this site has more of an interest for console gaming than PC, the amount of those interested in PC gaming than a console is very very small and it's hardly going to change. I don't mind when people use SS, I just mind it when people take it as the holy grail of data and at times (yes on this site and it will happen) it can be used to smudge the platform in general and that's just a byproduct of inaccurate data along with those who just aren't interested in the platform but are enough to want to use a tool against it (apparently according to one on this very thread that's very "tin foil" hat of me despite it being an actual thing that occurs around the net, to say that doesn't happen is woefully ignorant).

The last part, yes I can definitely agree on that. Sorry if I'm coming off as a twit btw, my writing style compared to how I talk to others by voice is different.

NiKKoM said:
TruckOSaurus said:
So happy about the Cities: Skyline sales. If I was naive, I'd say it might have shown EA the error of their ways but well... it's EA we're talking about here.

haha... Like they would look at those sales when they are swimming in the Star Wars money for a skeleton game.. We sure showed EA and their ways of error: 

http://fortune.com/2015/12/30/star-wars-video-game-sales/

It would be nice if someone were to acquire the rights to franchises like Star Wars, FIFA, NFL etc and watch what happens to EA.  

On topic, it's crazy to see a 5 fold increase in two years.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch