By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New NX details from Ubisoft dev; portable device will launch first (rumor)

Is it real?

Yes 84 27.18%

No 111 35.92%

John Cena in Smash is realer! 114 36.89%

Total:309

Nintendo's next gen portable won't be "portable SD games" anyway ... the next portable will be able to display graphics equal to the Wii U most likely (or close enough). It will require large dev resources. 

Around the Network
Nem said:
zorg1000 said:
Nem said:

You have lost any complete sense of sanity if you think developing an HD game and developing an SD or a portable game is remotely in the same league. Much less a next-gen game.

There really is nothing to discuss.

Holy shit, read what I wrote. EAD 1, EAD 2, Hal, Retro, ND Cube, EAD Tokyo all released their first HD game in the same time frame it took them to release their previous games.

For someone who claims to think more than 99% of people, u sure do lack reading comprehension.

Holy shit read it yourself? See how long it took to develop WiiU games.

zorg1000 said:

Mario Kart 7 released December 2011, Mario Kart 8 released May 2014. This team made the transition from 3DS to Wii U and made their first HD game in 2.5 years.

Hal released a Wii game in November 2011 then a 3DS game in January 2014 then a Wii U game in February 2015. The transition from Wii to 3DS was the same as the transition from 3DS to Wii U. 4 years for 3DS + Wii U

ND Cube released a Wii game in 2011 followed by a Wii game in 2012 followed by a Wii U & a 3DS game in 2013 followed by 2 Wii U games in 2015. 2 years, but i assume these were small titles.

EAD Group 2 released a DS game in 2005 followed by 2 Wii games in 2006 followed by 2 Wii games in 2008 followed by a Wii game in 2009 followed by a 3DS game & a Wii U game in 2012 followed by a 3DS game & a Wii U game in 2015. 3 years for Wii U + 3DS

EAD Tokyo released a Wii game in 2010 followed by a 3DS game in 2011 followed by a Wii U game in 2013 and another Wii U game in 2014. 2 years. The 1 years was Treasure tracker i am guessing? Basically DLC.

Nintendo's best teams took 2.5 years. Now apply that to determine when their games are coming out and see how possible it is anything other than 1 will be ready this year. But given Retro tends to do engine work they will be busy anyways.

Yes, they did slow down with Wii U development. So, what i said simply bypassed this useless post.

What? How do u figure 4 years for HAL? Rainbow Curse released 13 months after Triple Deluxe.

ND Cube release Mario Party 9 in March 2012 followed by Wii Party U in Oct 2013, that's 19 months.

Stop being ignorant, literally every team I listed saw no noticeable slow down with transitioning from SD to HD, ur once again making things up to support ur argument. Act like an adult and admit ur wrong or just stop posting.

Moderated by - PwerlvlAmy

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Soundwave said:

Nintendo's next gen portable won't be "portable SD games" anyway ... the next portable will be able to display graphics equal to the Wii U most likely (or close enough). It will require large dev resources. 

Unless this portable costs $299 at launch, that won't happen.

Raze said:
twintail said:
Raze said:

Or Ubi's. If I had a business partner that turned tail at the first sign of struggle, then wanted back in when things were good again, I'd tell them to shove it.

So Nintendo should say screw you to every other publisher then?

And you wonder Nintendo has such rubbish 3rd party relations. 

No, you make them sign a deal to release 2-3 more M rated Wii U games to get back in good standing.

And they respond with "screw you, we can do the same for Sony and actually MAKE money"

If this is real rip Nintendo

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

Around the Network
Thunderbird77 said:
Soundwave said:

Why not? Mobile hardware is becoming cheaper and more powerful every day. If the Vita could handle specs between PS2-PS3, why wouldn't a NX handheld be able to perform 360-WiiU levels of power, when it's been five years of non-stop mobile developement?

Also, a handheld with that performance levels would be a wet dream for a lot of eastern developers. The japanese market loves JRPG, and they love handhed, so why not make games for a system that will sell no matter what (Pokemon and other Nintendo franchises)? You could bring to that machine lots of old and new games, from PS3, to Vita to adapted versions of PS4 or PC titles... Most JRPGs aren't that power-demanding compared to western monsters like Fallout or GTA, so power wouldn't be that big of an issue.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Thunderbird77 said:
Soundwave said:

Why not? Mobile hardware is becoming cheaper and more powerful every day. If the Vita could handle specs between PS2-PS3, why wouldn't a NX handheld be able to perform 360-WiiU levels of power, when it's been five years of non-stop mobile developement?

Also, a handheld with that performance levels would be a wet dream for a lot of eastern developers. The japanese market loves JRPG, and they love handhed, so why not make games for a system that will sell no matter what (Pokemon and other Nintendo franchises)? You could bring to that machine games, from PS3, to Vita to adapted versions of PS4 or PC titles... Most JRPGs aren't that power-demanding compared to western monsters like Fallout or GTA, so power wouldn't be that big of an issue.

What do you mean by 360-WiiU levels? 360 isn't at wii u level. A new portable for $199 in 2016 can totally be stronger than a ps3 or x360 but still visibly bellow Wii U. It could render downgraded wii u graphics at 540p and very downgraded wii u graphics at 720p. We have to thank the mobile boom for that. If it wasn't for the heavy demand of mobile hardware of the past years, the natural progression of portable specs would make the 3ds successor slightly weaker than a ps3 or x360.

Thunderbird77 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Thunderbird77 said:
Soundwave said:

Also, a handheld with that performance levels would be a wet dream for a lot of eastern developers. The japanese market loves JRPG, and they love handhed, so why not make games for a system that will sell no matter what (Pokemon and other Nintendo franchises)? You could bring to that machine games, from PS3, to Vita to adapted versions of PS4 or PC titles... Most JRPGs aren't that power-demanding compared to western monsters like Fallout or GTA, so power wouldn't be that big of an issue.

What do you mean by 360-WiiU levels? 360 isn't at wii u level. A new portable for $199 in 2016 can totally be stronger than a ps3 or x360 but still visibly bellow Wii U. It could render downgraded wii u graphics at 540p and very downgraded wii u graphics at 720p. We have to thank the mobile boom for that. If it wasn't for the heavy demand of mobile hardware of the past years, the natural progression of portable specs would make the 3ds successor slightly weaker than a ps3 or x360.

With 360-WiiU levels I meant some power between those two systems.

Darwinianevolution said:
Thunderbird77 said:

In that case it's just like I said, somewhere in between. The other guy was acting like a handheld could easily produce wii u levvel visuals in 2016. That's not possible without a very high price or loss on hardware sold.

Thunderbird77 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

In that case it's just like I said, somewhere in between. The other guy was acting like a handheld could easily produce wii u levvel visuals in 2016. That's not possible without a very high price or loss on hardware sold.

I don't know that much about developing any kind of software, but wouldn't the smaller screen of the handheld help in that regard? With a smaller screen comes less need for graphical fidelity because there's less space to put things on. I don't know if a handheld machine could reach WiiU levels of processing power without the need to display graphics as good as the HC version, but wouldn't that be a decent compromise? WiiU levels of processing power with graphics slightly better than the Vita? It would help games to function on both systems (on console they run better and more detailed because they have stronger hardware, on handhelds they need less power to display weaker graphics), and as long as the gameplay isn't compromise...