By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New NX details from Ubisoft dev; portable device will launch first (rumor)

Is it real?

Yes 84 27.18%

No 111 35.92%

John Cena in Smash is realer! 114 36.89%

Total:309

I will love to hear about all those big games announced by Nintendo last year that are coming to Wii U this year or the next one.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

If this is real than NX is not 1 thing its 2 things and basicaly the same as having a PS4 and aVita, different devices but integrated OS and stuf.

Well this would be interesting. It would essentially mean people who argued it was going to be a hybrid console and people arguing it wasn't were basically both right.

zorg1000 said:
Nem said:

Seriously... game development doesnt happen in 12 months. It's the product of alot of planning. It doesnt go away from one moment to the other. It occurs slowly and progressively.

Once again let's ignore the guy who listed games that could very well release in 2017 for NX.

Explain to me how Hal Labs released 4 Kirby titles for 4 different platforms in the span of 3.5 years but can't develop 1 game for NX in 2-2.5 years.

Explain to me how EAD Group 2 released 10 games on 4 different platforms over the course of 10 years but can't develop 1 game for NX in 2-2.5 years.

Explain to me how Monster Games has released a new game roughly every 2 years since 2006 but can't develop 1 game for NX in 2-2.5 years.

Explain to me how ND Cube released 8 games for 4 different platforms from 2011-2015 but can't develop 1 game for NX in 2-2.5 years.

Explain to me how EAD Tokyo released 6 games on 3 platforms in 7 years but can't develop 1 game for NX in 2-3 years.

Explain to me how EAD Group 1 released 6 games on 4 platforms in 9 years but can't develop 1 game for NX in 3-3.5 years.

Developing games for the DS or for the GBA and developing games for a next gen system is not the same!

Dude, i think from your posts here and on other threads you are far gone in your own denial world.

I'm just gonna have to disagree with you. None of what you say is sensible.

Soundwave said:
Nem said:

I'm starting to wonder what you mean by "main". If by  main you mean, 3D mario team, mario Kart tema and retro are working on projects for new systems. Yes, i find that likely, though obviously theres no certainty. So, i am not really contradicting that.

Are there team that have ongoing Wii U projects or co-developed projects in the works for the Wii U? I'm pretty sure there still are.

I do agree, the moment a new home console is starting up, the Wii U wont see many more releases. This is what i just said. Its repetition here. But, no i don't think a next-gen console is coming out later this year. Very, very unprobable.

Yeah but that's the thing, even if console was coming out in 2017, development has to be underway. We're already into 2016, their main dev teams cannot be stuck working on Wii U project, because that means they won't be finished until what? Mid-2016 at the earliest? That means those teams cannot give you NX console product until 2018, maybe even 2019 at the earliest. 

And portable has be waaaaaaay underway. 

Portable games don't magically make themselves, they will probably require the same resources as any Wii U game going forward. 

I just don't see how they can have very much Wii U product in the pipeline, they just don't have the man power.

To make a portable launch window in late 2016, that means IMO the majority of Nintendo's big dev teams have been working on that platform probably since 2014 actually. Which means those teams (Retro, EAD Tokyo, Animal Crossing team, Sakamoto's SPD group, etc most likely), in fact must be well over half way finished their launch portable titles *right now*.  

And then you would have to *on top of this* have console NX projects starting roughly about last fall (no way you can make fall 2017 otherwise). There's just no way Wii U fits into this equation in any serious way. Maybe it will get a couple of projects and they gut it out and finish Zelda for it (which IMO will be multi-plat) ... but that's about it. 

Things like Twilight Princess HD and Pokken Tournament are just there to pad out the stretch before Nintendo completely abandons the thing. 

I think we aren't in disagreement here soundwave. I don't think they are starting any new projects for the Wii U, but those started in the last 2 years will come to conclusion.

But yeah, i can see the NX beeing a handheld and the teams are working on new software for it. Placing the sucessor to the Wii U in maybe as late as 2018. The Wii also had a year of limbo where pretty much nothing released, so it stand to reason that the same could happen. Its way more realistic than the home console releasing this year theory.

I do think the abandonement will only become apparant next year though. Things like twilight princess HD is actually Nintendo showing they don't have enough resources to support all their systems. Abandonement is what Sony does with the Vita. Nothing coming out.

Around the Network
Nem said:
zorg1000 said:

Once again let's ignore the guy who listed games that could very well release in 2017 for NX.

Explain to me how Hal Labs released 4 Kirby titles for 4 different platforms in the span of 3.5 years but can't develop 1 game for NX in 2-2.5 years.

Explain to me how EAD Group 2 released 10 games on 4 different platforms over the course of 10 years but can't develop 1 game for NX in 2-2.5 years.

Explain to me how Monster Games has released a new game roughly every 2 years since 2006 but can't develop 1 game for NX in 2-2.5 years.

Explain to me how ND Cube released 8 games for 4 different platforms from 2011-2015 but can't develop 1 game for NX in 2-2.5 years.

Explain to me how EAD Tokyo released 6 games on 3 platforms in 7 years but can't develop 1 game for NX in 2-3 years.

Explain to me how EAD Group 1 released 6 games on 4 platforms in 9 years but can't develop 1 game for NX in 3-3.5 years.

Developing games for the DS or for the GBA and developing games for a next gen system is not the same!

Dude, i think from your posts here and on other threads you are far gone in your own denial world.

Now u r just being ignorant, not a single GBA title is mentioned above and ur missing a huge point, these developers transitioned from DS to Wii to 3DS to Wii U without it affecting their output, they still released games in the same time frame.

Mario Kart 7 released December 2011, Mario Kart 8 released May 2014. This team made the transition from 3DS to Wii U and made their first HD game in 2.5 years.

Hal released a Wii game in November 2011 then a 3DS game in January 2014 then a Wii U game in February 2015. The transition from Wii to 3DS was the same as the transition from 3DS to Wii U.

ND Cube released a Wii game in 2011 followed by a Wii game in 2012 followed by a Wii U & a 3DS game in 2013 followed by 2 Wii U games in 2015.

EAD Group 2 released a DS game in 2005 followed by 2 Wii games in 2006 followed by 2 Wii games in 2008 followed by a Wii game in 2009 followed by a 3DS game & a Wii U game in 2012 followed by a 3DS game & a Wii U game in 2015.

EAD Tokyo released a Wii game in 2010 followed by a 3DS game in 2011 followed by a Wii U game in 2013 and another Wii U game in 2014.

Everything I said is sensible. If these developers can transition from 3DS to Wii U in the same time frame it took them to transition from DS to Wii & Wii to 3DS than there is no reason why they can't see a similar transition from Wii U to NX.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

twintail said:
Raze said:

Or Ubi's. If I had a business partner that turned tail at the first sign of struggle, then wanted back in when things were good again, I'd tell them to shove it.

So Nintendo should say screw you to every other publisher then?

And you wonder Nintendo has such rubbish 3rd party relations. 

No, you make them sign a deal to release 2-3 more M rated Wii U games to get back in good standing.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

zorg1000 said:
Nem said:
zorg1000 said:

Now u r just being ignorant, not a single GBA title is mentioned above and ur missing a huge point, these developers transitioned from DS to Wii to 3DS to Wii U without it affecting their output, they still released games in the same time frame.

Mario Kart 7 released December 2011, Mario Kart 8 released May 2014. This team made the transition from 3DS to Wii U and made their first HD game in 2.5 years.

Hal released a Wii game in November 2011 then a 3DS game in January 2014 then a Wii U game in February 2015. The transition from Wii to 3DS was the same as the transition from 3DS to Wii U.

ND Cube released a Wii game in 2011 followed by a Wii game in 2012 followed by a Wii U & a 3DS game in 2013 followed by 2 Wii U games in 2015.

EAD Group 2 released a DS game in 2005 followed by 2 Wii games in 2006 followed by 2 Wii games in 2008 followed by a Wii game in 2009 followed by a 3DS game & a Wii U game in 2012 followed by a 3DS game & a Wii U game in 2015.

EAD Tokyo released a Wii game in 2010 followed by a 3DS game in 2011 followed by a Wii U game in 2013 and another Wii U game in 2014.

Everything I said is sensible. If these developers can transition from 3DS to Wii U in the same time frame it took them to transition from DS to Wii & Wii to 3DS than there is no reason why they can't see a similar transition from Wii U to NX.

You have lost any complete sense of sanity if you think developing an HD game and developing an SD or a portable game is remotely in the same league. Much less a next-gen game.

There really is nothing to discuss.

Nem said:
zorg1000 said:
Nem said:
zorg1000 said:

You have lost any complete sense of sanity if you think developing an HD game and developing an SD or a portable game is remotely in the same league. Much less a next-gen game.

Holy shit, read what I wrote. EAD 1, EAD 2, Hal, Retro, ND Cube, EAD Tokyo all released their first HD game in the same time frame it took them to release their previous games.

For someone who claims to think more than 99% of people, u sure do lack reading comprehension.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Nem said:

Holy shit, read what I wrote. EAD 1, EAD 2, Hal, Retro, ND Cube, EAD Tokyo all released their first HD game in the same time frame it took them to release their previous games.

For someone who claims to think more than 99% of people, u sure do lack reading comprehension.

Holy shit read it yourself? See how long it took to develop WiiU games.

zorg1000 said:

Hal released a Wii game in November 2011 then a 3DS game in January 2014 then a Wii U game in February 2015. The transition from Wii to 3DS was the same as the transition from 3DS to Wii U. 4 years for 3DS + Wii U

ND Cube released a Wii game in 2011 followed by a Wii game in 2012 followed by a Wii U & a 3DS game in 2013 followed by 2 Wii U games in 2015. 2 years, but i assume these were small titles.

EAD Group 2 released a DS game in 2005 followed by 2 Wii games in 2006 followed by 2 Wii games in 2008 followed by a Wii game in 2009 followed by a 3DS game & a Wii U game in 2012 followed by a 3DS game & a Wii U game in 2015. 3 years for Wii U + 3DS

EAD Tokyo released a Wii game in 2010 followed by a 3DS game in 2011 followed by a Wii U game in 2013 and another Wii U game in 2014. 2 years. The 1 years was Treasure tracker i am guessing? Basically DLC.

Nintendo's best teams took 2.5 years. Now apply that to determine when their games are coming out and see how possible it is anything other than 1 will be ready this year. But given Retro tends to do engine work they will be busy anyways.

Yes, they did slow down with Wii U development. So, what i said simply bypassed this useless post.