By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Happy 20 PS4 exclusives and console debuts of 2016 (promotion video)

Definitely going to be a great year.
But I think people who claim that 2016 will be the best year for Playstation 4 are wrong, because I expect a lot games to be delayed to 2017. Horizon: Zero Dawn, Dreams, The Last Guardian. Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Shenmue 3 and Nier: Automata are all going to be 2017 games imo.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
But I think people who claim that 2016 will be the best year for Playstation 4 are wrong, because I expect a lot games to be delayed to 2017. Horizon: Zero Dawn, Dreams, The Last Guardian. Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Shenmue 3 and Nier: Automata are all going to be 2017 games imo.

Y U NO  B.E.L.I.E.V.E.   ???

My most anticipated game of 2016 isn't even kn that list, so that def says a lot..... Third party is also going ham this year with mirrors edge, farcry, and of course the biggest game of the year FF XV....

mM
Dr.Vita said:

Horizon mechanically looks done based on the old build game play videos. Its just content and polish at this point. Assuming 2 months before launch they freeze new content, they still have up to 9-10 months.

TLG is launching this year.... it'd be pathetic and too much mud on the face if a game pulled from development hell falls back into development hell.

FF7R was never called a 2016 title. But with the episodic thing... maybe episode 1 might launch in November.

Dreams depends.... they hadn't shown us shit until PGW. However, it seems they have a funtioning alpha build for gameplay systems at least...

Nier looks 2017, and shenmue 3 is confirmed 2017-2018. Its the shenmue 1&2 remasters that may come in 2016.

Dr.Vita said:

Only two of those games have been confirmed for 2016, and I expect both of them to launch in 2016. Horizon looks pretty well along and The Last Guardian is not having the same kind of development trouble it once was.

Expect a very strong year for Playstation.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

It's obvious Sony is just sitting in a chair and watching.

Hiku said:

I guess they don't show cross generation exclusives like Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, Attack on Titan, etc. But there are still some games missing, like Kingdom Hearts 2.8.

Protendo said:

I'm the same, except Street Fighter V is a PS4 title. Even in beta, PC community seems dead in comparison. Just look at other PC fighters, if you value multiplayer, go console.

SF5 is cross play between PS4 and PC, so it will be one large shared community.

Won't it just be just one community though?, I mean based on his notion that the fighting community on PC is dead so wouldn't it just mean only the PS community?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Looks like Sony's gonna have another record breaking year with the PS4 lineup.

Chazore said:
Hiku said:

I guess they don't show cross generation exclusives like Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, Attack on Titan, etc. But there are still some games missing, like Kingdom Hearts 2.8.

SF5 is cross play between PS4 and PC, so it will be one large shared community.

Won't it just be just one community though?, I mean based on his notion that the fighting community on PC is dead so wouldn't it just mean only the PS community?.

Your right. I guess I have been playing the betta and haven't seen the Cross-Play in action yet. Guess I'll be getting this one for PC too.  

Nice games.