By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - UK Feminist MP arrogantly laughs at the idea of Mens Rights

mornelithe said:
hershel_layton said:
I don't see how feminists think they're actually suffering.

Yes, you get paid less than men. Does that mean you should waste your life crying and wanting everything to be spoonfed for you?

For real though. Perhaps if they'd shut up and realize how much freedom they get, they'd realize that other countries still have women that are stuck with a creepy, pedophile for the rest of their lives for "tradition"- some as young as 6!

In the West, or as a whole?  Because in the West, the reasons for the wage gap are explained when you actually look into the details of the BLS study that most people quote when proclaiming the 77 cent difference, and it's not that women are paid less per hour for equal work.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-hoff-sommers/wage-gap_b_2073804.html

I'm surprised that article/blog was on that site. Must of slipped past their editors (or whoever approves whatever someone writes on there).

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Metroid33slayer said:

Yep you said "We" men run everything when leading males in buissness and politics make up less than 0'1 % of all men.

And the word "everything" is figuritive... hence your lack of basic reading comprehension. Next time, instead of trolling/harassing someone, slow down and figure out what they're attempting to convey. It'll save you and whoever else you're bothering a lot of trouble.

Lol everyword is figuritive to you.

People are missing the point here it's not about what advantages men have or don't but it's about issues men face which swept under the rug, eg. the suicide rates of male is a great alarm yet we never hear anything about it, just a small example, we always hear about women and body dysphoria even though males have the higher percentage of those who suffer.

Just because males have advantages in certain areas it's appealing someone would turn their back on the issues as if somehow it balances out the problem. Men face many problems and due to their nature they're less likely to open up about their issues, all people need a platform to express their worries and ideas as no one can speak for a whole group of people.

Women: No one likes to help us!

Me: Then why are men are expected by society to be the one who fulfills all your needs? Why are men are expected to be the ones working their butts off as you stay home and relax? Why are unrealistic models of women are being stopped, but not men? Why are there many shelters for women that are victims of relationship abuse? Why are rape cases for women more realistic than rape cases for men? Why have women gained almost every right a man has in secular areas of the world?

I can keep going on. Whatever feminists/nazis currently cry out is non-existent. I would like for them to spend some time outside of the US(or whatever country they have equal rights in). Perhaps if they realized that women in Africa struggle with things such as their period(if someone comments on this, I'll explain if you want); perhaps if they realized that women in other parts of the world get raped and denied an abortion! maybe if feminists woke up, then they'd realize- "hey, we actually have rights! We didn't have to get married at 6 to a 40 year old uncle that's probably a pedophile! We're allowed to vote, work, get a salary, become successful, have a family, play sports, basically everything a man can! We can defend ourselves if someone ACTUALLY rapes us! We can choose who we want to marry! We don't need to be a slave to any man!".

BUT WAIT!- A man took a peek at you because you're wearing very revealing clothes? Then misinterpret his intentions! Call him a rapist pig! Wish that he dies! Go cry on tumblr. Yes, tumblr indeed! Perhaps he has this thing called hormones that made him desire to look! BUT OF COURSE NOT! SCIENCE AND LOGIC CANNOT WORK HERE!

Many feminists say they're very insecure and whatnot. In all honesty, why would a person with so many mental/social issues be on social networking? For real. That just doesn't make any sense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Aeolus451 said:
mornelithe said:

In the West, or as a whole?  Because in the West, the reasons for the wage gap are explained when you actually look into the details of the BLS study that most people quote when proclaiming the 77 cent difference, and it's not that women are paid less per hour for equal work.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-hoff-sommers/wage-gap_b_2073804.html

I'm surprised that article/blog was on that site. Must of slipped past their editors (or whoever approves whatever someone writes on there).

No doubt, right?   But, Christina is an oldschool feminist, so even though she was basically booted out of the club, due to 3rd wave feminisms absurd fascism, she's still recognized as a pretty decent thinker.   Really smart person, does a series on Youtube called the Factual Feminist, where she basically unpacks and dismantles 3rd waves absurd logic (or lack thereof), among other things.

Around the Network

double post

mornelithe said:
theprof00 said:

Ok so I read the studies but I'm not sure they support entirely your insistence that I'm wrong. The studies showed that women are preferred among men in teaching positions of academic science. Additionally, it purported that the reason women only make up 20% of the field is because far fewer women enter the field than do men.

Furthermore, none of the studies explained why the men chose women. Just that they did.
I mean, I could suppose that men simply preferred looking at women's faces.

And the part about maternal leave is odd as well. Women didn't have any preference, but men did.
Perhaps it is still sexism involved in thinking that women should be 'caretakers'.

Anyhoo, my objections notwithstanding, again, none of the listed articles actually counters what I said....simply that in one field, professors favor women over men. These aren't even the people that do the hiring, they're just professors.

So you count all professorships in STEM, across College, as one field?  Slightly odd, but ok.

As far as the reasons for why men would hire women who take longer maternity, no clue, but you missed the part where women wouldn't, as in, the women doing the hiring would choose a different candidate if they showed a willingness to take longer maternity, you can theorize many things, could be sexism, but then, that'd also include the women who were choosing different candidates, would it not?  Also missed?  The part where neither female or male faculty members cared about male paternity leave.  Now...that would be sexist, would it not?  When you're using it as a criteria for women, it's supposed to be good enough for men, correct?  Equality and all?

And yes, fewer women enter the field.  Now, why is that?  Sexism?  Or, could women when given the choice, simply choose different paths?  Or, could the absurd levels of 'THAR BE MISOGYNY THERE", that's hammered into the brains of every female growing up, turns them off?  I dunno, I suppose if I were in their shoes, and every day the only thing I heard about science was how it's all men, they objectify women and treat them like shit...might make me choose a different path.

The studies do suggest that the entire story is not being told, however.  And that there's quite clearly some bias in hiring among College faculty.

Teaching is a single field, I know it looks like I'mtaking the piss, but it's like I dunno, epidemiology, or statistician. You can be an epi or stat in many different areas, but the field is still following under one premise with different flavors. Same goes with controller. That's what I am, controller II for cancer diagnostics and statistics. A controller is still the same in every area, mine just happens to involve cancer reports and hospital data.

I think the maternity thing is as far as considering an appointment who would or would not take a maternity leave. In business in general, maternity leaves are supposed to be kinda bad news, because it costs the company, and also would cause problems for the other faculty. I don't know what the men are thinking, but I think the women are probably more aligned to the idea that a woman shouldn't eschew her responsibilities for maternity.

I'm just saying also that a high majority of my college professors were women. My high school was almost all women. My grade school was 100% women, along with the entire faculty aside from the janitor. It's simply possible that people associate teaching positions with women.

I'll agree that in the higher sciences, the disparity is a little higher, but you must also consider that there are a lot of those teachers from other countries, and a lot of countries aren't as forward as I am. Men in certain countries are expected to reach that level and might simply be moving here as their career progresses.

mornelithe said:
Aeolus451 said:

No doubt, right?   But, Christina is an oldschool feminist, so even though she was basically booted out of the club, due to 3rd wave feminisms absurd fascism, she's still recognized as a pretty decent thinker.   Really smart person, does a series on Youtube called the Factual Feminist, where she basically unpacks and dismantles 3rd waves absurd logic (or lack thereof), among other things.

I'll have to remember her name.  She's very different from the feminists of today. 

Eww men... They need to learn how to shut their mouths and look pretty...

Mens issues are a real, and important thing, laughthing at them will help neither gender. If she was a true feminist she should have applauded and supported that idea.

Also Augen has a really good point about the domestic abuse against men. I personally know a guy who suffered immense domestic abuse, and in trying to help him get out, I searched for places that offer official phsychological/financial/health support. While there is a huge support network for abused women (rightly so), there is next to nothing for abused men.