By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You are now appointed to be Nintendo's President, what would you do?

Cloudman said:
Areym said:
I'd make a true sequel to Super Mario RPG, even if it bankrupts the company. Mark my words.

That'd take quite a lot of money to do... A Mario RPG with that kind of money would make a hell out of an RPG. Maybe they should just do an open world pokemon game then, haha..

Well, the bulk of the money would go to buying whatever Square soft rights they hold on the original game for SNES like characters, likeness, etc. That or a very comvoluted plan, costing billions of dollars (or yen??), to swindle them out of those rights. Then, whatever scraps I have left, I would make an actual sequel to the Super Mario RPG: The legend of the seven stars. Not Mario & luigi game, not a bloody paper mario game, but a true sequel to the best damn game on the SNES.

I'd also make an MMO pokemon game cause I like money.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

I'd establish Nintendo studios in the US and europe.

More specifically, I'd give Bergsala AB an in-house development studio. They already have a big mario sign, so it would just feel right.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Oh and I'd buy the Turok IP and appoint one of my new western dev teams to make a halo-killer franchise out of it.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I would make sure the console is designed with simple components, that will become cheaper over time.
I would drop the gamepad (so far havnt seen a good reason to keep it), and it jacks up the price of the console too much. I would go back to the Wii mote motion sensor design, and consider VR headsets in the future for it, if the console sells well enough.

Put money into hands, that develope a Super Mario RPG 2, and maybe a new Chrono trigger.

Luke888 said:

1-I make so that the NX releases ASAP (with a 6 month previous announement) with the highest specs possible for a 300/400$ device;
2-I close 50 people in a room for one day telling them that the one that'll give me the best name for a console non-related to "Wii" will win 10000$;
3-I tell to the Zelda development team that I want Zelad U to be released on Wii U ONE MONTH before the NX and that I want a port with some improvements on the day of the release of the NX, also who owns a copy of Zelda U on Wii U and registers it on the new account system can download a digital version of Zelda U on NX for a cheaper price, exclusively for the 5 months following the NX launch for 30$, later on for 50$;
4-I tell the 3D Mario developmnet team that I want a full 3D Mario game on the launch date of NX, if possible it should be Galaxy 3, if not then they'll have to develop Galaxy 3 for the 4th year of life of the NX;
5-I give some $$$ at Retro and make so that they split into 2 or more development teams, one of which has to start developing Metroid Prime 4 for either the 2nd or the 3rd year of NX;
6-I tell Next Level Games to leave Federation Force and to start now a 2D Metroid game that'll be released in the 2nd year of life of the NX;
7-I contact the developers of Rocket League and ask them to work on a full on shooting/sports game using as the basis what was made of Federation Force until now but with the name: "Shooter League";
8-I acquire the Bayonetta IP from Platinum Games signing a contract that states that they'll always have a part in the development of the games for the Bayonetta series until their company can afford to do so;
9- I give development kits to Ubisoft, EA, Activision, Bethesda and Rockstar Games asking either to make on par games with those on the other consoles or simply to make their games exclusive for other platforms;
10-I give Ubisoft funds to make Red Steel 3 an NX exclusive;
11-I give Activision funds to make a StarTropics sequel in co-development with Nintendo and Mr. Takeda;
12-I give EA funds to make a new Mario Strikers game in co-development with Nintendo;
13-change on my first day at Nintendo the youtube policies of the company, I also make shure to send an apology letter to most of the YouTubers that argued against the crazy previous polices such as PewDiePie and AngryJoe;
14-I try to buy Capcom or at least Megaman;
15- I make shure DeNA publishes a mobile Mario game and an AC game, both free to play and both with in-game purchases;
16-I ask HAL Laboratory to work on a 3D Platformer for Kirby while also working on Smash 5 in collaboration with Bandai Namco;
17-I ask Koei Tecmo to co-develop with Intelligent Systems on a brand new FE game in the key of the Dynasty Warriors games;
18- I buy Sin'en, give them a lot fo money and make them the first European Nintendo development team, from now on they'll have to work on the F-Zero games;
19-After a few years I try to buy Sonic/SEGA

Releasing the NX within a short six month time frame would be next to impossible at this point.

I think the NX is the best possible name for the new Nintendo system. Like other people said, they need to market to 90's nostolgia. This name helps with that. X-men, X-Files, Gen X, eXtreme, etc. They need to keep that name for sure. If they went with Soundwave's idea of multiple SKUs, then they could call the different models NX1 NX2 and NX3. *Superscript isn't working. Basically, 1, 2, and 3, would be exponents, and not normal sized numbers.

I think the rest of your plans, involves demanding unreasonable things from your dev teams. A lot of work goes into making a good video game. If you want that many games, that quickly, while splitting dev teams, all you are going to do is create a death march, for your developers. Nobody likes working twelve hour shifts, for months at a time, even if it is for a video game.

Around the Network
Areym said:
Cloudman said:

That'd take quite a lot of money to do... A Mario RPG with that kind of money would make a hell out of an RPG. Maybe they should just do an open world pokemon game then, haha..

Well, the bulk of the money would go to buying whatever Square soft rights they hold on the original game for SNES like characters, likeness, etc. That or a very comvoluted plan, costing billions of dollars (or yen??), to swindle them out of those rights. Then, whatever scraps I have left, I would make an actual sequel to the Super Mario RPG: The legend of the seven stars. Not Mario & luigi game, not a bloody paper mario game, but a true sequel to the best damn game on the SNES.

I'd also make an MMO pokemon game cause I like money.

Hell yes! 

Pokemom MMO & a real Super Mario RPG 2.

While we re at it,.... Chrono Break ?

JRPGfan said:
I would make sure the console is designed with simple components, that will become cheaper over time.
I would drop the gamepad (so far havnt seen a good reason to keep it), and it jacks up the price of the console too much. I would go back to the Wii mote motion sensor design, and consider VR headsets in the future for it, if the console sells well enough.

Put money into hands, that develope a Super Mario RPG 2, and maybe a new Chrono trigger.

Yep. The gamepad goes for $150 at retail in Japan. If they had dropped the gamepad from the Wii U, they could have sold it for $200 easily at launch. Imagine how many more systems they would have sold. But noooOOOooo! They had to release an underpowered system at only fifty dollars less than the competition, which was a year away. The Wii U selling for $300 while the PS4/XB1 was $350 was ridiculous.

Cerebralbore101 said:
JRPGfan said:

Yep. The gamepad goes for $150 at retail in Japan. If they had dropped the gamepad from the Wii U, they could have sold it for $200 easily at launch. Imagine how many more systems they would have sold. But noooOOOooo! They had to release an underpowered system at only fifty dollars less than the competition, which was a year away. The Wii U selling for $300 while the PS4/XB1 was $350 was ridiculous.

Everyone loved the wii motes (and with VR on the horrison it just makes so much sense).

It got alot of casuals on board.

By now those wii consoles are old, and those casuals need a new system.

Time to do a repeat of the Wii (200$ console, about as strong as the xbox).

What nintendo needs to do though then, is aim for really cheap VR headsets.

Im thinking like 149$ price range (even if its a gimpy lowres version compaired to what sony offers).

People wil buy it for the same reasons they bought the first wii, to experiance motion controlls, but this time it ll be for the VR (and ofc advertise the motion controller, and how it works in vr).

Wii fitness, a mario tennis game where you swing the mote, vr with motion controllers, along with showing a new galaxy 3, and chrono break/supermario rpg2. => best selling console ever again for nintendo.

1) Invest more in markets such as South America and Europe
2) Expand their game studios, so they can bring more games per year
3) Start investing in old IPs like Earthbound, Sin & Punishment, F-Zero, Golden Sun, Endless Ocean.
4) HEAVY MARKETING
5) Be more open-minded for online functionality and gameplay
6) Expand Virtual Console and invest more on HD remasters
7) Don't focus too much on kid-friendly shit - the goal is to make games for everyone
8) Forget about Zelda for a moment
9) Try to release hardware as powerful as Sony and Microsoft ones, and on time. What's the point of releasing similar hardware but 4 years later?
10) Make myself a meme

Go third party