By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Mario RPG Thread (Paper Jam poll is up!)

Where should Paper Jam be ranked?

1st 1 11.11%

2nd 0 0%

3rd 0 0%

4th 2 22.22%

5th 1 11.11%

6th 0 0%

7th 1 11.11%

8th 2 22.22%

9th 1 11.11%

10th 1 11.11%

Total:9
Dulfite said:
O-D-C said:
Thousand Year Door is my fav, followed closely by Mario RPG.

Funny you made this thread, I'm currently playing through the Mario & Luigi series back to back. Just finish Bowser's Inside Story. It was really good but had a bit too many 'DS' moments where they try to use the hardware in interesting ways.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a long time lol. And I loved Inside Story (probably my favorite ML game). I always play the older games before sequels come out, so I'm trying to play and beat some before I get Paper Jam (just beat Super Star Saga for the first time).

I'll probably wait a few weeks before diving into Dream Team (have too many RPGs on the go right now) but ya I do the same thing and play older games first. Im worried if I like the sequel then the original will feel 'less good' if played secondely.

Around the Network

This thread's existence makes me happy. :D

Also, add another one for Thousand Year Door! The original Paper Mario follows very closely behind (and was a fantastic gateway into RPGs in general), but I think the second game just comes together a little better. A tiny bit. They're both in my all-time favorites list easily though.
I've only played Superstar Saga in the Mario & Luigi series, but I liked it enough to purchase Partners in Time. Didn't blow me away or anything, but it was fun.

Hmm

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Super Mario RPG is by far my favorite. I love Super Paper Mario too.

Never liked Mario & Luigi series. I don't like the humour and the gameplay is not as good as SMRPG.

They are certainly different (I feel they try to force the nerdy humor waaay too much, but I still love them). I feel like the Paper Mario series was designed for more old school Nintendo fans and the ML series is more for the younger generation, but I still enjoy both :)

O-D-C said:
Dulfite said:
O-D-C said:
Thousand Year Door is my fav, followed closely by Mario RPG.

Funny you made this thread, I'm currently playing through the Mario & Luigi series back to back. Just finish Bowser's Inside Story. It was really good but had a bit too many 'DS' moments where they try to use the hardware in interesting ways.

I've been wanting to make this thread for a long time lol. And I loved Inside Story (probably my favorite ML game). I always play the older games before sequels come out, so I'm trying to play and beat some before I get Paper Jam (just beat Super Star Saga for the first time).

I'll probably wait a few weeks before diving into Dream Team (have too many RPGs on the go right now) but ya I do the same thing and play older games first. Im worried if I like the sequel then the original will feel 'less good' if played secondely.

Dream Team takes FOREVER to beat. By far the longest campaign of any Mario RPG game I've played (which is all but Super Mario RPG and Paper Jam). I loved the game, though.

Cheddarchet said:

Also, add another one for Thousand Year Door! The original Paper Mario follows very closely behind (and was a fantastic gateway into RPGs in general), but I think the second game just comes together a little better. A tiny bit. They're both in my all-time favorites list easily though.
I've only played Superstar Saga in the Mario & Luigi series, but I liked it enough to purchase Partners in Time. Didn't blow me away or anything, but it was fun.

I agree on TTYD!!! And I found PiT to be the worst of all Mario RPG games I've played so far (which is all but 2).

Glad you like the thread! Hopefully it will have a nice long life!

I can't wait to see the next fully fledged Paper Mario game for a home console... so pumped!

Around the Network

My favorite Mario RPG has to be either Super Mario RPG or one of the first two Paper Mario games...
I'm crazy excited for Paper Jam...
I just recently finished Superstar Saga for the first time and am Maine my way through Partners in Time...
I also have to get my hands on Bowser's Inside Story...
Once I play that, I'll have played all the Mario RPG's...
I know this question wasn't asked, but if I had to pick a least favorite Mario RPG, it would be Super Paper Mario...

Have a nice day...

10+ years later and Thousand Year Door is still my favorite with me revisiting it every so often. A testament to how great the game is, but also shows Nintendo's incompetence since there have been two more sequels since. Seriously how long am I gonna have to keep playing this game everytime I'm itching for some Paper Mario action. Ahwells, I still need to try a partners only run, and I say try because I'm honestly not sure if it's even possible, but that wont stop me!

Well I've only played Mario rpg, superstar saga, paper mario, and TTYD so far but each one was excellent. I have a hard time choosing a favorite but voted for Superstar Saga, I really loved the humor and characters. Now I want to knock off one of the mario rpgs on my backlog. I have partners in time, dream team and sticker star but haven't started any.

I've played pretty much all of them, minus Paper Jam. TTYD is not only my favorite Mario spin-off game of all time, but it's also in my top 5 games of all time! It's a shame the series is not doing that well nowadays..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Dulfite said:
Cheddarchet said:

I agree on TTYD!!! And I found PiT to be the worst of all Mario RPG games I've played so far (which is all but 2).

Glad you like the thread! Hopefully it will have a nice long life!

I can't wait to see the next fully fledged Paper Mario game for a home console... so pumped!

As long as we get one, I'll be happy! Paper Jam is all well and good, but I'd definitely like another true Paper Mario game in the future. Preferably the near future. :P

And that seems to be the general consensus for PiT, so my expectations are a bit lower than usual. Still, anything to tide me over between games is a good thing, I suppose.

Hmm