By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Mario RPG Thread (Paper Jam poll is up!)

Where should Paper Jam be ranked?

1st 1 11.11%

2nd 0 0%

3rd 0 0%

4th 2 22.22%

5th 1 11.11%

6th 0 0%

7th 1 11.11%

8th 2 22.22%

9th 1 11.11%

10th 1 11.11%

Total:9
AZWification said:
Mike321 said:
TTYD is the best imo, everything about that game is perfect.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Cloudman said:
A thread about Mario RPGs? Awesome, even though I've only played like... 3 or them... Oh well, they were awesome! Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, and Thousand Year Door were super awesome games. I need to play the Mario and Luigi ones. People say those are pretty good...

You should! They are different (don't expect them to be like Paper Mario and you'll be fine), but they are very RPG traditional and still have crazy stories and what not.

I see there are 4 different Mario and Luigi games. I don't know if I can play them all in a short time, so which one would you recommend playing first? O:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Dulfite said:

You should! They are different (don't expect them to be like Paper Mario and you'll be fine), but they are very RPG traditional and still have crazy stories and what not.

I see there are 4 different Mario and Luigi games. I don't know if I can play them all in a short time, so which one would you recommend playing first? O:

The original is the most basic and shortest, so that would be good for getting your feet wet. And if you play it last, like I did, you may find it hard to appreciate as much compared to the sequels which have better hardware and less limitations.

And actually there are 5 with Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam (which is a crossover between ML and Paper Mario series). But assuming that one isn't out where you live yet (it isn't where I live), then I'd say that Bowsers Inside Story is the best, followed by Dream Team (it's very long though), followed by SuperStar Saga and way in last place is Partners in Time (the worst of the series).

Dulfite said:
Cloudman said:

The original is the most basic and shortest, so that would be good for getting your feet wet. And if you play it last, like I did, you may find it hard to appreciate as much compared to the sequels which have better hardware and less limitations.

And actually there are 5 with Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam (which is a crossover between ML and Paper Mario series). But assuming that one isn't out where you live yet (it isn't where I live), then I'd say that Bowsers Inside Story is the best, followed by Dream Team (it's very long though), followed by SuperStar Saga and way in last place is Partners in Time (the worst of the series).

Oh right! I kinda forgot about Paper Jam! Hmm, I think the original is on the Wii U VC, so I should be able to play that one. I think I'll start on that one when I get the chance. After being on the fence for so long on it, I finally got the push to go for it, thanks xD I'll see if I can find Inside Story at a later time.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Dulfite said:

Oh right! I kinda forgot about Paper Jam! Hmm, I think the original is on the Wii U VC, so I should be able to play that one. I think I'll start on that one when I get the chance. After being on the fence for so long on it, I finally got the push to go for it, thanks xD I'll see if I can find Inside Story at a later time.

Yea the original on Wii U is how I played it. Inside Story is just in DS form right now, not sure if they are planning on it coming out on the eshop soon or not.

Around the Network

Looks like Super Mario RPG may get the 3rd spot at this rate. I'll change the poll every morning.

Bumping for the night shift to vote!

I'm going to go ahead and change the poll now since the voting has died down.

Dulfite said:

Heh...night shift reports for duty!  o7

CU......or CF ?

JamesGoblin said:
Dulfite said:

Heh...night shift reports for duty!  o7

Did you vote? lol

I'm just trying to get the most accurate ranking possible so everyone has to be very diligent! lol