By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Mario RPG Thread (Paper Jam poll is up!)

Where should Paper Jam be ranked?

1st 1 11.11%

2nd 0 0%

3rd 0 0%

4th 2 22.22%

5th 1 11.11%

6th 0 0%

7th 1 11.11%

8th 2 22.22%

9th 1 11.11%

10th 1 11.11%

Total:9
Keybladewielder said:

My favorite Mario RPG is Paper Mario TTYD closely followed by Paper Mario 64. Both are so epic and I love the characters and the battle systems  .Vivian and Lady Bow best girls. I wish there was another game like those two, pls Nintendo.

Then you are with the majority (at least for TTYD). I loved every. single. character. in that game lol. I'm excited for Paper Jam because, as far as a game being really unique and out there, it sounds like the wackiest adventure since Super Paper Mario. The whole combining 3d characters with 2-d Paper characters being displayed in 3-d sounds insanely awesome lol.

Around the Network

new poll after I get back tonight.

Final poll on game rankings is up! This will determine #8 and 9 spots. Once people have had enough time to play Paper Jam, and for any other future RPG Mario games, I will put a poll up asking what spot they think it should be in, which will then impact all the other rankings below it to go down 1 spot.

Well I think my Paper Mario skills are back up to par! Just finished another Bonetail b4 Hooktail run as practice, so if I can do that, I should atleast be able to make some decent progress on a partners only run. For reference these are the rules of the run below.

Partners Only Rules:
-Mario can't attack (including first strikes), use items, specials, defend, or run away during battle.
-Mario can only appeal, guard, and super guard in battle.
-Mario can wear badges and use items outside of battle.
-Gameover if either Mario or a partner is defeated.

Self Rules:
-Must tattle every enemy.
-No grinding.
-Can only enter the Pit of 100 Trials once.
-Must defeat all of Doopliss' partners before attacking him.

Exceptions:
-Whenever Mario has no partners.
-Against enemys like Yux/Grodus that have to be attacked multiple times in one turn.

Undecided Stuff:
-Whether Chapter 3 should be an exception.
-If Mario can switch partners.

Let's at least get to 10 votes total peeps! I know it's not the most exciting thing but it's the last ranking poll for a while (we can vote on my fun things soon!).

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Well I think my Paper Mario skills are back up to par! Just finished another Bonetail b4 Hooktail run as practice, so if I can do that, I should atleast be able to make some decent progress on a partners only run. For reference these are the rules of the run below.

Partners Only Rules:
-Mario can't attack (including first strikes), use items, specials, defend, or run away during battle.
-Mario can only appeal, guard, and super guard in battle.
-Mario can wear badges and use items outside of battle.
-Gameover if either Mario or a partner is defeated.

Self Rules:
-Must tattle every enemy.
-No grinding.
-Can only enter the Pit of 100 Trials once.
-Must defeat all of Doopliss' partners before attacking him.

Exceptions:
-Whenever Mario has no partners.
-Against enemys like Yux/Grodus that have to be attacked multiple times in one turn.

Undecided Stuff:
-Whether Chapter 3 should be an exception.
-If Mario can switch partners.

When you say game over, you mean you have to literally start the entire game over or just from last save point? Regardless that's cray cray lol.

I know the game is out in Europe, but I voted in the poll  anyway.. Regarding PJ, I'm kinda excited for it since it fixes some of DT's flaws.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Still can't believe Nintendo went that dark with TTYD. A dark Peach is a twist I never imagined. One of the best Mario games ever.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

BasilZero said:
Surprised I havent posted on this thread.

I love Mario RPG series ;o

Though Super Mario RPG from SNES is a unique gem which we will never get to experience ever again :(

Anyways the only Paper Mario game I've played is the N64 one and the only Mario & Luigi game I've played is Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga.

I should play both sub series to its fullest especially since I have their games in my backlog lol.

Never know, Square and Nintendo could make a deal lol. The originals of both those series are simple, but amazing at the same time. One could argue there was a little too much going on in Dream Team (took me like 50-60 hours to beat that game).

You've never played Thousand Year Door? Man it's like the best game of all time in my opinion.

AZWification said:

I know the game is out in Europe, but I voted in the poll  anyway.. Regarding PJ, I'm kinda excited for it since it fixes some of DT's flaws.

I'm VERY pumped for that game. I don't get why it takes so long to localize it in America compared to Europe... ugh