By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Mario RPG Thread (Paper Jam poll is up!)

Where should Paper Jam be ranked?

1st 1 11.11%

2nd 0 0%

3rd 0 0%

4th 2 22.22%

5th 1 11.11%

6th 0 0%

7th 1 11.11%

8th 2 22.22%

9th 1 11.11%

10th 1 11.11%

Total:9
Pavolink said:
Still can't believe Nintendo went that dark with TTYD. A dark Peach is a twist I never imagined. One of the best Mario games ever.

This is fear... itself...

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Dulfite said:
BasilZero said:
Surprised I havent posted on this thread.

I love Mario RPG series ;o

Though Super Mario RPG from SNES is a unique gem which we will never get to experience ever again :(

Anyways the only Paper Mario game I've played is the N64 one and the only Mario & Luigi game I've played is Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga.

I should play both sub series to its fullest especially since I have their games in my backlog lol.

Never know, Square and Nintendo could make a deal lol. The originals of both those series are simple, but amazing at the same time. One could argue there was a little too much going on in Dream Team (took me like 50-60 hours to beat that game).

You've never played Thousand Year Door? Man it's like the best game of all time in my opinion.

Dream Team took 50-60 hours? Color me interested.

I think I might snag a copy sooner than later then.

As for Paper Mario TTYD - I'm planning to play it soon. It was the second to last game I bought for my gamecube (the last being Tales of Symphonia which I beat two years ago).

Yea it kept going and going lol. It was a crazy adventure but it was a little too old.

BasilZero said:
Dulfite said:

Yea it kept going and going lol. It was a crazy adventure but it was a little too old.

Damn Dream team is going for more than it is worth on Amazon :(

I guess I'll get the digital version when it goes on sale in the future.

It's a really good game in my opinion. I'm actually surprised it didn't get voted into a better rank in this thread. I found it to be my 2nd favorite ML game (though it could be 3rd when I playe PJ).

Dulfite said:

When you say game over, you mean you have to literally start the entire game over or just from last save point? Regardless that's cray cray lol.

Just from last save, starting all over would be too ridiculous!

Already had my first gameover though. Embarrassingly enough it came from Lord Crump and his Magnus von Grapple. I was just too stubborn leaving Koops out there when I really shoulda switched to Flurrie. I just can't stand looking at her! Dx

Einsam_Delphin said:

Dulfite said:

When you say game over, you mean you have to literally start the entire game over or just from last save point? Regardless that's cray cray lol.

Just from last save, starting all over would be too ridiculous!

Already had my first gameover though. Embarrassingly enough it came from Lord Crump and his Magnus von Grapple. I was just too stubborn leaving Koops out there when I really shoulda switched to Flurrie. I just can't stand looking at her! Dx

Yea I know what you mean lol. Flurrie looks like a naked opera singer, which made me feel super weird lol.

Around the Network

Bumping to updated poll, new weekly characters/scene, and updated sales.

Paper Jam is having some serious legs in Japan people. Let's discuss this!

O-D-C said:
Thousand Year Door is my fav, followed closely by Mario RPG.

Funny you made this thread, I'm currently playing through the Mario & Luigi series back to back. Just finish Bowser's Inside Story. It was really good but had a bit too many 'DS' moments where they try to use the hardware in interesting ways.

Similar for me as well.

As much as I want to say Mario RPG is my favorite it's hard to go against TTYD.

ninjapirate42 said:
O-D-C said:
Thousand Year Door is my fav, followed closely by Mario RPG.

Funny you made this thread, I'm currently playing through the Mario & Luigi series back to back. Just finish Bowser's Inside Story. It was really good but had a bit too many 'DS' moments where they try to use the hardware in interesting ways.

Similar for me as well.

I'm really looking forward to trying out Super Mario RPG. Never played it and can't wait for it to hopefully come out on VC.

Dulfite said:
ninjapirate42 said:

Similar for me as well.

I'm really looking forward to trying out Super Mario RPG. Never played it and can't wait for it to hopefully come out on VC.

It's a very fun experience! While it isn't the hardest game by any means, the whole experience and playthrough is just charming. 

Don't go in looking for a difficult game and I think you'll enjoy it :)

With saying that there are certain parts that could potentially be challenging.

ninjapirate42 said:
Dulfite said:

It's a very fun experience! While it isn't the hardest game by any means, the whole experience and playthrough is just charming. 

Don't go in looking for a difficult game and I think you'll enjoy it :)

With saying that there are certain parts that could potentially be challenging.

I don't enjoy super difficult games, but I like a little challange. The original Paper Mario (the first go through) took me forever to beat the game lol of course I was a kid.