By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your most unpopular opinion about gaming?

Banjo-Kazooie is very overrated and honestly not even fun...

Around the Network

The worst part in Kingdom Hearts is Disney. The game bastardizes these popular movies and character just for exposure. They're all badly written even compared to Kingdom Hearts' original more compelling story.

Speaking of adding boring, badly designed and written elements to games just for exposure. I'm very very cautious about games that claim to have hundreds of hours of garmplay.

.- -... -.-. -..

My unpopular opinion is i dont like the last of us that much. I do like alot of playstation exclusives. It was a fun ride kinda, but the whole thing with ellie was has been seen before: People think its the perfect recipe. give a little girl some problems and some good witty dialogues and the game is emotional and believable. I didnt think that, and it looked like they were trying too hard to make it. Joel was much better imo. But the game featured also alot of stealth. wich is not my taste

Probably that Human Revolution s*cks and is an insult to the original.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Some mobile games are very good.

Touch screen input works very nice for some genres.

Competition is better for us gamers than if one system dominates. For example, I'm sure we would get better PS+ titles, more crossbuy titles (PS2 titles on PS4 for free, if you already bought the PS3 version) and upgrade plans (reduced prices for enhanced versions, if you already bought the PS3 or Vita version), if Sony had to fight more for its market share.

Around the Network

I dont mind about dlcs and those free to play games which then you can use real money to buy the extra stuff. They are OPTIONAL!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Fifa, COD, GTA and heavily advertised games with famous IP is the formula that saves PS and Xbox from doing Gamecube numbers
PS1 and PS2 huge success is thanks to piracy, if there's a way to track pirate copies, the ps2 and ps1 top 10 would be Fifa, winning 11, fifa, ...., fifa and W11 (GTA in ps2 case) with a huge number advantage over games that doesn't involve football
Wii U sales is not any indication that many people don't like or are getting fed up of Nintendo games.
Wii has a huge catalogue of solid games from nintendo and other developers. Shovelware games won't annul this. It didn't with other consoles it can't be different with Wii

We reap what we sow

Ah. A thread where you can spew your hate almost without consequence.

Let me start of by saying I share your opinion about The Last of Us, maybe the most overrated thing ever; definitely Naughty Dog's weakest effort over the years.
Then Grand Theft Auto is unbelievably boring.
Also, I feel like third parties on consoles mostly haven't really made anything worthy of being on my all-time top 50 list in Smeags's thread for a very long time...
Lastly, multiplayer, online integration and other 'social' aspects that are not done between people in the same room are evil.

StarOcean said:
I think turn-based combat is the best kind of combat for RPGs

^ so much this.

I like COD, it's a fun series. It's no worse than the yearly sports updates like Madden and FIFA, and nobody says anything when gamers snatch those up by the millions every year.

The Dreamcast is hands down the most overrated console of all time with the most overrated software library of all time. There's a reason it didn't make it past 2 years before having the plug pulled.

SMB2 and Zelda II are among my favorites in each respective series.

WRPGs > JRPGs

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.