By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - GOP candidate Ted Cruz says a person who doesn't pray to God isn't fit to be president

Actually he isn't that wrong imo.
If somebody was really religious, he wouldn't kill other people. But the most people doesn't understand "being religious".

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:

If somebody was really religious, he wouldn't kill other people. But the most people doesn't understand "being religious".

It´s actually the other way around. If somebody is really religious then they´re for killing other people since that´s what the majority of holy books say. Stoning gays is a prominent example

That thinking is against the constitution of the US. We're not supposed to have religious tests for public office.

Sounds like he would be better suited to ruling over an African or Middle Eastern religious theocracy as opposed to a secular liberal democracy. It amazes me how nobody cares about or even understands the basic tenants our civilization was founded on.

Dr.Vita said:

That's because the respect for human life is something you don't determine by the religion some person professes, but by the quality of that person per se, which doesn't have anything to do with religion.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Well, I doubt that someone that is openly atheist can even get elected in the first place, many people would not vote for him/her simply due to not believing in God.

VGPolyglot said:
Well, I doubt that someone that is openly atheist can even get elected in the first place, many people would not vote for him/her simply due to not believing in God.

One of the links I posted had the argument that there have been studies saying that Americans would elect an Atheist president, but somehow I don't buy it.

People vote for candidates for various reasons and one of them is the level the candidate can relate to people and represent what they believe in, religion one of those important points that make a difference.

I can picture a debate where a candidate goes out of his way to stress that the Atheist candidate doesn't believe in the people's god and furthering his agenda to alienate the candidate from the people.

Politics for you.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Guys, before actually coming up with a rebuttal to this guys statement... take a step back and realize he's an actor who's pandering to people in order to get votes. Think of it like the WWE. He's doing a promo, to sell a PPV match. There's no need to get emotionally pissed off or involved.

He isn't really slamming atheists. The question seems more directed to himself personally, and in his answer it feels like he is setting a bar for himself to live up to. I did not get the feeling that he was in any way trying to exclude atheists or non-believers.

Hmm, seems to me that he was just telling them what they wanted to hear at the moment (still a bad trait for a potential president). I disagree with that pastor about fearing god bs.