By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - GOP candidate Ted Cruz says a person who doesn't pray to God isn't fit to be president

So, a Christian believes that a Christian is best fit for President? Color me shocked I tell you..

Edit: Watching the video, it's playing up the point of view due to his audience.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:
RadiantDanceMachine said:

Getting really tired of quoting this to profoundly ignorant Christians...

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." - John Adams

Doesn't matter what he says. In practice it is and always has been in virtually every sphere of American life including politics. Politicians have traditionally been selected based on their Christian virtues, so nothing is shocking about the OP. 

Call me ignorant when your hallow words don't reflect reality in any way. 

No, it doesn't matter what you think because you're in denial. One of the founders of the government of the United States doesn't know what it was founded upon? LOL

You do understand the government and the populace are entirely separate entities right?

I fear for this nation. All of these people are fucking insane.

I doubt he really cares. Like another person said, he's just saying things that the audience wants to hear. I'm not going to bother to read the full thread though, it's probably devolved into another religious debate

I was never a very religious person. But what religion has turned into has made me even less religious. Today hear guys are talking about praying to God and tomorrow they're talking about bombing people out of existence. Go figure...

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
Illusion said:

Obviously, there are people who are radical or have psychological conditions.  Authentic Christianity would never allow for this as it goes against the 5th commandment.  Most Christians do an insane amount to help the poor and vulnerable and I would even say moreso than any other group in society.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/No_True_Scotsman

EDIT: I am sorry, I should have said "Authentic Christian Teaching" instead of "Authentic Christianity."  Obviously there are Christians who fail (to varying degrees) to live up to high standards established by our Lord.  I would strongly aruge, however, that a lady who drowns her baby represents such a miniscule proportion of the Christian population that it is somewhat of a "strawman" fallacy to even mention it on this thread without also mentioning the large majority of Christians who would condemn these heinous actions.

Someone who doesn't respect the very Constitution he's promises to uphold when he gets sworn in, isn't fit to be president

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States"

Illusion said:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/No_True_Scotsman

EDIT: I am sorry, I should have said "Authentic Christian Teaching" instead of "Authentic Christianity."  Obviously there are Christians who fail (to varying degrees) to live up to high standards established by our Lord.  I would strongly aruge, however, that a lady who drowns her baby represents such a miniscule proportion of the Christian population that it is somewhat of a "strawman" fallacy to even mention it on this thread without also mentioning the large majority of Christians who would condemn these heinous actions.

No Christian would condemn the woman who drowned her kids if they genuinely thought it was the command of god as she did. Abraham comes to mind...

I prefer to think the opposite.

Wagram said:
I fear for this nation. All of these people are fucking insane.

I'm just waiting for an official to kick me out of America for no reason. While the democrats aren't exactly the smartest people ever, the Republicans are currently crazy! It's as though they're doing everything they can just to have a republican be president.

Feels like a WWE match that has gotten out of hand. I won't even care if I leave. America is going downhill, and there's no one that can slow it down!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.