By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Exec Defends PS2-on-PS4 Price Points

buy it or leave it, simple as that, if you have PC you can use emulator, but i have try the new PCSX and it's hard to work on Windows 10, and it's only support open GL. So buy PS2 or use PS4. If you dont agree just accept the reality.

Around the Network

Ultimately the market dictates the value of an item or service. If people don't buy these game they will likely lower prices.

If it came to Vita, I'd be all over it. On PS4? Think I'll pass, I'll be better off with a good gaming PC.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Well for 1080p/60fps and trophies I think it's worth the price for a game you've never played or no longer own and would like to play again. I still think if you own the game disc then PS4 should be able to recognise the disc and you should be able to pay a nominal amount to unlock the higher res and trophies.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I don't think these prices are bad, on the Wii U Virtual Console N64 games cost $9.99 & Wii games $19.99.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Well, I'd rather not pay when the competition doesn't rip you off...

I feel like i have been buying FF7 for every generation since it's release.

The price tag of 15 euro's for Rogue Galaxy seems a bit steep to me. I do however feel like playing the game again. I'd say 10 euro's would be a nice offer to jump in on any ps2 game i know is gonna give me a good time.
Despite the fact that I already have bought them years ago and someone is actually ripping me off. Unless i am the only one making use of the games' new features though. It's like paying administration fees at Ticketmaster per ticket.
Anyway, after finishing DQ Heroes and FF7 I'll probably end up buying some Jrpg goodness like Rogue Galaxy.

I don't see the problem here.

People are actually coming across a little bit whiny in this case, it's take it or leave it really. The price they're asking for a digital port like this is reasonable. I also don't think you can expect your PS2 games to just work on a system two generations newer like that. If you still wanted to play your PS2 games, you probably should have kept the system. But anyway, pokoko makes a better case than me, so I'd direct you to what he said.

The prices are absolutely fine and fair, the only thing they should introduce is the ability to upgrade the classics bought on PS3 to PS4 for a dollar or 2, like how Nintendo does it.

Other than that, those great games are worth $10-$15 easily, especially with the improvements. The Sandwich I had for lunch cost more than that.

weaveworld said:
I feel like i have been buying FF7 for every generation since it's release.

The price tag of 15 euro's for Rogue Galaxy seems a bit steep to me. I do however feel like playing the game again. I'd say 10 euro's would be a nice offer to jump in on any ps2 game i know is gonna give me a good time.
Despite the fact that I already have bought them years ago and someone is actually ripping me off. Unless i am the only one making use of the games' new features though. It's like paying administration fees at Ticketmaster per ticket.
Anyway, after finishing DQ Heroes and FF7 I'll probably end up buying some Jrpg goodness like Rogue Galaxy.

If you still have the psone disks of FF7 those work 100% in the ps2 and ps3, heck if you have a ps3 you can even play FF7 on both the psp/Vita as long as you're on the same wi-fi network as the ps3, just chuck the disks in it and remote play from the psp/vita.

Not sure why you've been rebuying the game on the last gens... especially the ps2, since, well that would just take the psone disks again haha.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive