By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Exec Defends PS2-on-PS4 Price Points

Most PS2 games on ebay cost less and are physical, make judgment yourselvz.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

lol..I have a PS2 and I can burn games and play.

GameAnalyser said:
lol..I have a PS2 and I can burn games and play.

Cause pirating is totally brag worthy. Damn evil corporations shouldn't be charging for these games. Who cares if it costs money for sony. Gaming should be a non profit charity! Developers shouldn't be compensated for thier 60 hour weeks....

I could understand no disk support if the PS4 wasn't physically capable of reading the disk in anyway, but the inability to transfer or upgrade games you bought on the PS3's PSN is unjustifiable. I wouldn't mind paying a small upgrade fee for the new features, but I really shouldn't have to buy them again when Sony could easily give me some form of access instead of nothing. It's not about rebuying the games, so much as Sony having the ability to give us access but choosing a method that would get more money from the consumers.

And it's ironic that so many people are using age-old "If you don't like it, don't buy it" claim on a forum that has a high amount of complaints about games and consoles not being exactly what they want them to be. You can use that to invalidate any criticism of any product or service, but it's ultimately a useless statement that doesn't benefit anyone.

Consumers control the market. If they feel product or service is priced too high, doesn't suit their needs/wants, or isn't of the quality they expect, they have have every right to voice their dissatisfaction. Isn't that how people got Microsoft to back down on all that XBone nonsense? It's the company's job to please and appeal to the consumer; it's not the consumer's job to like everything the company produces. There are petty complaints at times and not everyone will be satisfied, yes, but it's a 'pick your battles' situation.

Also, these sorts of services are often a bummer for me, because all the niche games I really like never end up on them anyway. I would compromise my 'morals' in a heartbeat and slap down $15 if they put up a higher resolution version of Shadow Hearts.

What he should have said was 'you got a better way to fend off bankruptcy?'.

Around the Network

I don't intend to pay again for games that I have on disc in my home but can't use because there's no BC on their console. "You can't play your old games any more? Here, compensate us and we'll help you, but the disc remains worthless."
No thanks!

JinxRake said:
sc94597 said:
loy310 said:
you bunch of cheap asses.
$10????? bums. I can't ever remember complaining about 10 bux in my life. I would hope that i will never be that broke to snap over $10

he PS3. 

So...let me see if I get this straight: I can now play XBox Original games on an XBox One?

Also...can I play N64 games that I own on a Wii U?

Even better, you can play Xbox 360 games on Xbox One. And why go back three generations for Wii U? Wii U has full backwards compatibility with Wii and if you do a quick homebrew mod in Wii-mode (which is removable)- Gamecube. 

I was looking forward to this since I lost all my PS2 games from all the moving and flooding we had but $15 for shovelware games is just too much.

IamAwsome said:

In a nutshell: Sony set the standard for not rebuying things you already own with cross-buy years ago, meanwhile everyone slammed Nintendo because they charged for certain 3DS VC games that you likely already owned on Wii.

And that's why generalizations are bad. No, not everyone slammed Ninty for that. In fact, plenty of hardcore and non hardcore Ninty fans defended their decision (plenty as in not everyone). Same with Sony fans. Some are fine with it, others aren't.

If you never owned the games, this is a good price for PS2 titles. I paid $10 for Persona 4 this weekend because I wanted to try it out and I don't feel ripped off.

Signature goes here!