By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 11m ps3 sold ww by end of this week?

Except if the Xbox360 price cut has destroy PS3 sales in PAL !!!

(I know, MS can keep dreaming^^)

Time to Work !

Around the Network

yes, it will easily get to 11million sold after this week (if ioi doesn't downadjust the numbers, that is)

Rock_on_2008 said:
11 million big deal, celebrate when it gets to say 20 million. every 10 million consoles sold represents a milestone in my opinion.

Dude, 11 mil is a big deal as Sony's prediction/projection was to sell 11 mil by the end of March 2008. It's Shows Sony is way on track!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

360 sales might start to accelerate in the coming months with price cuts, and Wii might have it's production issues reduced as well, making it harder for PS3 to continue to surge.  Most buyers are not dual adopters, so it's either one or the other.  Looking at the current financial crisis in the US and the ripple affect globally, consumer spending is going to tighten and tighen, meaning the most expensive console is going to be at an disadvantage. Also, from the numbers I'm looking at for 360, it's selling MORE consoles, not less..year over year, so I'm totally cluessless to why some are predicting it's going sell less this year than last...that's  a stupid conclusion, based on what we've seen to-date. So yeah, PS3 and Wii are selling better, but 360 isn't losing sales year-over-year, and it's in fact gaining over last year on itself.  So, this whole 360 sells 6 million in 2008, when it's sold over 1 million in 2 months makes some look REALLY stupid, and the worst definition of a "fan-atic boy"

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

yes, yes, look at UK, the 36% increase in the 360 sales because of the rebate caused.... 6% rise in the PS3 sales....

Around the Network
John_Doe said:
yes, yes, look at UK, the 36% increase in the 360 sales because of the rebate caused.... 6% rise in the PS3 sales....

(I think I see where youre going with this)

Wow, this is news to me. I didnt know UK represented the entire European region .

Anyway, when is GT5:P coming out in Europe. Thats the Week that we'll see a the PS3 cross 11 million.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

finalsquall said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
11 million big deal, celebrate when it gets to say 20 million. every 10 million consoles sold represents a milestone in my opinion.

Dude, 11 mil is a big deal as Sony's prediction/projection was to sell 11 mil by the end of March 2008. It's Shows Sony is way on track!

lol talk about mixing things up..

the 11 mil was for the last fiscal year, not LTD...

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:

lol talk about mixing things up..

the 11 mil was for the last fiscal year, not LTD...

clearly he just misunderstood...alot of people have actually misunderstood that statement from sony, so you can hardly call it mixing things up

anyway, i think ps3 will reach 11 million this week, but it's nothing to celebrate about. because they were way off their first target, and just about missed their second target (i think), for the fiscal year. so clearly sony can't be happy about this. the 360 may sting ps3's sales in europe (UK especially, or maybe even only), so i wouldnt be surpised if ps3 ended up in last place in the next 2 weeks of sales data. but it should do 130k easily.

gt5:p imo will shift big soft/hardware numbers.

Its a pretty good number . If it manages to keep things up , than another 10 million this year would be nothing to achieve :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

rukusa said:
John_Doe said:

(I think I see where youre going with this)

Wow, this is news to me. I didnt know UK represented the entire European region .

Anyway, when is GT5:P coming out in Europe. Thats the Week that we'll see a the PS3 cross 11 million.

UK is the best european country for the 360 by far. Im only trying to say that the 360 rebate is not going to hurt the PS3 sales in Europe. And GT5P is near. And GTA4 and MGS4