By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 11m ps3 sold ww by end of this week?

just a few weeks back, the ps3 reached a milestone in its life cycle by selling 10m units ww. currently it is at 10.87m, i'm quite positive that it would reach 11m by weeks end. what do you guys think?

on a side note, the ps3 reached 10m at around the same time the x360 reached 17m. and by the end of this week, the ps3 would have sold 1m units faster than the x360.

Around the Network

130,000 this week?

I believe that is possible. It sold 150,000 last week so 130k isn't out of the question. Say hello to 11 million and say hello to 17 straight wins over 360!

Not a big deal, IMO.

When you look at the Wii, the PS3's sales start to look mediocre.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

yes it will for sure.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Not a big deal, IMO.

When you look at the Wii, the PS3's sales start to look mediocre.

Come on, stop being such a downer.

I think it can do it. I'm predicting a boost to 70k in America this week, partly due to Hot Shots Golf 5 coming out.

Around the Network

yea its very possible.
i noticed that the 360 reached 17m before the ps3 reached 10m, and now the ps3 is reaching 11m before the 360 is reaching 18,

so the sales are growing stronger.

Are we going to start counting down for every million that the PS3 gets? Not that that is bad, i mean we might only have 20 more topics out of it, but it really shows a bit of desperation when you have to look at such petty figures for a hint of happiness. One million is NOTHING compared to the 120+ million of PS2. When it gets closer to the 360 number, then we can start shouting something, but its a little soon for that kind of detail.

11 million big deal, celebrate when it gets to say 20 million. every 10 million consoles sold represents a milestone in my opinion.

Yep I definitely see it hitting 11M next week.

Given that PS3 sales have not dipped below 153,058 worldwide on any given week this year (this last week was its weakest all year, which isn't surprising as the second and third weeks of March are notoriously slow weeks for sales), it's pretty much a given that it will eke out at least the 130,000 required to hit 11 million. Inertia alone all but ensures it.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.