By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 11m ps3 sold ww by end of this week?

anyone know how fast 360 took to sell 11 million?

<

psn ID: smiles123

MGS4 is the greatest game ever

Around the Network

If Wii continues to be supply constrained to 20M - nintendo will simpy keep price up to maximise HW profits rather than increase production and risk over supply.
and X360 manages 11Million again.
and PS3 manages to maintain is current ~30% higher sales rate than 360 (which seems reasonable given recent increases ) then it will do 14.3Mill.

So end 2008 will be
Wii ~42M = 44%
X360 ~28M=29%
PS3 ~25M =26%
All consoles looking very healthy at over 20Mill each and not that different in overall %
It's obvious PS3 will easily be over 23M by end of 2008.

PS3 number 1 fan

well it reached it at around august '07 i think, so just over a year and a half. so ps3 got there probably 3-5 months earlier.

I think it already is at over 11 millions .But if the question is if vgchartz will show the console over 11 million after this week then definitely yes .

Woo hot topic. :) Good for ps3.

I hope they do beat 360 in USA this week otherwise im banned ;(

Around the Network
smiles123 said:
anyone know how fast 360 took to sell 11 million?

to answer the question, it took the x360 a year and 9 months to reach 11m and thats with a ww launch.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 26th Nov 2005 to 25th Aug 2007:

ConsoleX360
Total

on the other hand, the ps3 is poised to reach 11m in 1 year and 4 months, 5 months faster than the 360. and thats with a 4 month gap between the us/japan launch and euro launch.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 11th Nov 2006 to 15th Mar 2008:

ConsolePS3
Total

well by loking at it now,,,it only needs 60,000 units to get to 11 million which I believe is more than possible with US and Japan numbers

It will now

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Let's create a thread for every million the PS3 reaches. Yeah and create a thread for every week PS3 outsells the XBox 360.