By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Force Awakens sucks! *MAJOR SPOILERS*

StarOcean said:
OneKartVita said:

Are you telling me there's a worse fanbase than sonic! 

Edit: I just opened a big can of worms! 

Aw shet, you went there...

I will say, while the SW community is definitely the hardest to please, I will say the dedication is very interesting. Literally everything in SW has a backstory -no matter how batshit insane it may be XD (inb4 its not canon) like you know that astrodroid Luke almost bought in A New Hope before it exploded? Did you know supposedly it was a force sensitive astrodroid who knew it was part of a prophecy and purposely self-destructed so Luke would get R2D2 I think thats what it was, something along those lines anyway... 

I read that R2 sabotaged that droid!

Around the Network

I liked it.

Yes, Ren is a pussy. Rey is overpowered (because you know, its 2015, female leads aren't written with narrative tethers). Phasma was absolutely useless... but I still enjoyed it.

Maybe time will tell how bad the movie really is. Nostalgia certainly seems to be making the movie tick the right boxes, but there are no doubt some serious logic flaws with the film (and the force).

I think criticisms are mostly because some part of the SW fandom take the franchise very seriously for my taste. SW films were always, fun, fast-paced, action films, with nothing similar to groundbreaking, complex or even very coherent plot. It's as blockbuster-y as a sci-fi film could get. It's pure and unadulterated entertainment. It's about characters' charisma and relationships, great action scenes and lightsabers. People are reading into it too much. One thing that I loved about this film is that it's not ashamed to play with nostalgia. I was smiling the entire film. That's what makes TFA an awesome cinematic experience for me.

foodfather said:
I liked it.

Yes, Ren is a pussy. Rey is overpowered (because you know, its 2015, female leads aren't written with narrative tethers). Phasma was absolutely useless... but I still enjoyed it.

Maybe time will tell how bad the movie really is. Nostalgia certainly seems to be making the movie tick the right boxes, but there are no doubt some serious logic flaws with the film (and the force).

I like the fact Ren is underpower. This means he will get stronger and we can see him get stronger. He is Anakin 2.0.

StarOcean said:

We live in a world where everything needs to be written out for people. 

I strongly disagree.  We now live in a world where people watch giant robots destroy entire cities for no reason whatsoever.  When younger people now watch classic movies from the 70s or earlier they often complain about how slow moving they are.  You see, scripts used to flesh out details and the motivations for characters and such.  People used to read these things called books too.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I see some ridiculous arguments going around saying this is the first movie of a trilogy and thats why we didnt get context. That a new hope was the same.

Seriously, a new hope WAS a new movie. There was no more context cause it hadnt been made up yet. It was a one shot that ended up working out and was expanded.
The force awakens isnt the first movie in this trilogy. It's the seventh! And decades of star wars have been written. Theres answers that fans want answered when embarking on a new journey. This I'SNT a new franchise. If it was, it would just be a mediocre film that probably wouldnt even get more sequals. THAT is why it is especially bad. Because even the prequals with the Jar Jar idiocy had better action, better context and better story than this film. Keep in mind this is a film formula from 30 years ago. It is not quality stuff nowadays and it wasnt a new franchise starting up. 

This was without a doubt the worst Star wars movie i have ever seen. But unlike the prequals it has an advantage. We don't know exactly how its going to end. That was the biggest problem with the prequals. Dumb Lucas should have made sequals instead of prequals.

If you think this is some fan conspiracy to hate on everything. Do yourself an experiment and pretend there was no other Star Wars material. Only this movie. Actually, pretend this wasnt Star Wars and was only called something like "The light awakens".Would you really be eager to go watch another one? Because it was a huge cliche and cheesy movie. Reminds me more of the latest Riddick movie. I really don't believe you would and i think the biased fan reaction is to actually praise this movie. It was flawed, very flawed... and its only getting a pass because we all wanted sequals so much.

Volterra_90 said:
I think criticisms are mostly because some part of the SW fandom take the franchise very seriously for my taste. SW films were always, fun, fast-paced, action films, with nothing similar to groundbreaking, complex or even very coherent plot. It's as blockbuster-y as a sci-fi film could get. It's pure and unadulterated entertainment. It's about characters' charisma and relationships, great action scenes and lightsabers. People are reading into it too much. One thing that I loved about this film is that it's not ashamed to play with nostalgia. I was smiling the entire film. That's what makes TFA an awesome cinematic experience for me.

Exactly.  If you treat star wars as a fun Sci fi movie you’ll love it but if you treat it like Gospel and the new trilogy is the second coming of Christ you'll not enjoy it.  

Message to all hardcore star wars fans.  Stop taking it so seriously and just enjoy it for what it is. 

Go back and watch Revenge of the Sith again...paying special attention to the shitty dialog from General Greivous, Obi Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and Count DooKoo.  It completely destroyed the pre-quels for me.  Thankfully the character dialog in The Forece awakens was well written.

I just love how Star Wars is such an amazing franchise, that it only has like 2 good movies.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

OneKartVita said:
Volterra_90 said:

Exactly.  If you treat star wars as a fun Sci fi movie you’ll love it but if you treat it like Gospel and the new trilogy is the second coming of Christ you'll not enjoy it.  

Message to all hardcore star wars fans.  Stop taking it so seriously and just enjoy it for what it is. 

It's hard to "turn off your brain" for this franchise, though.  For me, anyway. And now, the damage is done. But even if I could, would I? It's not wrong to expect more from what will likely be the highest grossing movie of all time, right? Avatar and Titanic are kind of "meh" to me but their still pretty solid. For me, TFA is fun but it's a bit of a mess.