By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Smash Wii U the "Final Fantasy VII" of the Smash series?

Nope I liked the single player modes of Brawl way more, but the pacing is best in SSB 4 for Wii U. So if they keep the pacing of SSB 4 as some of the innovative stages I think SSB 5 could be the better game.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
PAOerfulone said:
I still think the competitive scene is still on Melee. Just because it continues to have as strong of a presence as Smash 4 at tournaments like EVO.
But with that said, I absolutely agree that this game is the best in the franchise. Whether it will remain that way depends on what they do for Smash 5. But with the things they've done with this game. They've set the bar extremely high for sure.

Smash 4 has had a bigger presence then Melee at many tournaments for most of this year even Evo, the competitive scene is already bigger on Smash 4, Melee will be around for a while but competitively it's not the go to game any more for the series.

Nintendo is supporting smash 4, that's why it has the bigger presence. Once that support dies down, melee will be bigger. It happened with brawl

I think it is.

Melee is still the more popular one to competitive players because it's faster and more technical.
But I love the speed of this one. It's great and not too fancy.

Why does there have to be a best one? Why can't people see that all smash games are different?

The only thing that connects the smash games are premise and name. But they all play differently. Melee was very fast and competitive, Brawl was more casual with a nice story, smash u struck a solid balance between the 2. Comparing Melee to Smash wii u is about as worthwhile as comparing street fighter to mortal kombat (not worthwhile at all).

The people and threads that keep claiming smash wii u is the best are no better than the melee fans saying melee is the best

I still prefer Melee. I'm going to play Melee adventure mode tonight :D

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
midrange said:

Nintendo is supporting smash 4, that's why it has the bigger presence. Once that support dies down, melee will be bigger. It happened with brawl

They're not going to stop supporting it, Nintendo never supported Brawl.

Wyrdness said:
midrange said:

They're not going to stop supporting it, Nintendo never supported Brawl.

Of course they stopped supporting brawl, in what way, shape, or form are they supporting brawl. If by support, you mean they let tournaments use it, then the same applies to melee meaning that melee will overtake smash 4 just like it passed brawl.

By support for smash 4, I meant dlc/patches (of which they are wrapping up).

Yes best game in the series.

midrange said:
Why does there have to be a best one? Why can't people see that all smash games are different?

The only thing that connects the smash games are premise and name. But they all play differently. Melee was very fast and competitive, Brawl was more casual with a nice story, smash u struck a solid balance between the 2. Comparing Melee to Smash wii u is about as worthwhile as comparing street fighter to mortal kombat (not worthwhile at all).

The people and threads that keep claiming smash wii u is the best are no better than the melee fans saying melee is the best

Agreed. Plus, as my favorite franchise, it's hard to dismiss one game over the other, even when I tried to rank them. I've had great memories playing every single game, even the 3DS version of Smash 4. Each provided new experiences and played much differently than the other.

Whoever still thinks Melee is better than SSB4 is really just using nostalgia.

Smash Bros 4 has better looks(Melee looks outdated), a way better roster, amazing music, way more stages, 8 PLAYER Mode, more controllers to use, Amiibo support(cool thing to use), 3DS-controller capability(win for me), and an online mode(which melee doesn't have)

I love all the Smash games, but I just think that Sakurai did extremely well with Melee. He basically improved upon brawl and melee, and made a game that can be played for ages.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.