By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Smash Wii U the "Final Fantasy VII" of the Smash series?

By this I mean is this going to be the game that will literally forever be recognized as the best? It finally got the competitive Smashers off of Melee and for good reason. The fighter lineup is absolutely insane, and the amount of content is ridiculous. It's to the point where I feel it can never reasonably be beaten out by another title in  this series. What do you guys think? How can they possibly top Smash Wii U?

Around the Network

I still think the competitive scene is still on Melee. Just because it continues to have as strong of a presence as Smash 4 at tournaments like EVO.
But with that said, I absolutely agree that this game is the best in the franchise. Whether it will remain that way depends on what they do for Smash 5. But with the things they've done with this game. They've set the bar extremely high for sure.

The competitive scene will always see melee as the best. I think this game is the greatest of all time

bigtakilla said:

By this I mean is this going to be the game that will literally forever be recognized as the best? It finally got the competitive Smashers off of Melee and for good reason. The fighter lineup is absolutely insane, and the amount of content is ridiculous. It's to the point where I feel it can never reasonably be beaten out by another title in  this series. What do you guys think? How can they possibly top Smash Wii U?

I think smash 4 is phenomenal. Fantastic game with alot of content. but there are also some content  that i miss. but the character roster is 10/10. No doubt . Stage selection 9/10. Trophies/music 10/10. but alot more in-depht game modes i would want, not smash tour or what its called

But Final Fantasy VI is better.

So yes, Smash Bros 4 is the Final Fantasy VI of the series.

Around the Network

no, definitely not. Melee will always have the better legacy.

and even still i think an easy argument can be made that Brawl had better content.

BasiltheBatLord said:

and even still i think an easy argument can be made that Brawl had better content.

Huh, not really. All that brawl has more is a meh adventure mode and some cool bosses.

But everything else is better in Smash 4, the classic mode, the all-star mode, the online, the caracters, the stages, etc.

PAOerfulone said:
I still think the competitive scene is still on Melee. Just because it continues to have as strong of a presence as Smash 4 at tournaments like EVO.
But with that said, I absolutely agree that this game is the best in the franchise. Whether it will remain that way depends on what they do for Smash 5. But with the things they've done with this game. They've set the bar extremely high for sure.

Smash 4 has had a bigger presence then Melee at many tournaments for most of this year even Evo, the competitive scene is already bigger on Smash 4, Melee will be around for a while but competitively it's not the go to game any more for the series.

As a whole game? Yes. There are Melee fans that will defend its competitive nature but overall Smash U is the best game in the series and definitely can be seen as the FFVII of Smash.

Edwardooo said:
BasiltheBatLord said:

Huh, not really. All that brawl has more is a meh adventure mode and some cool bosses.

But everything else is better in Smash 4, the classic mode, the all-star mode, the online, the caracters, the stages, etc.

i mainly think of Smash 4's poor single-player offerings, including a mode that nobody plays (Smash Tour).  Of course stages and characters are subjective, but I'm dissapointed by the amount of returning Brawl stages, and what seems to be an uptick in things like stage bosses and one-hit KO gimmicks.  In terms of characters, I don't like things like the abundance of counters, the ridiculous amount of FE characters and the like.  I think an argument could also be made about the soundtrack being inferior to Brawl.