By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Total Biscuits twitter trainwreck is hillarious

zero129 said:
Roronaa_chan said:
Everything from TB is hilarious(ly bad)

Kinda like this joke and the whole thread right?.

I mean pointing fingers and laughing at a guy whos dying. I bet ye guys all feel so good.

Fact is platform exclusives does no good for anyone other then the fans of that system.

It's not quite that simple. Yes, a title being exclusive 'hurts' those that don't own the system it's exclusive too, but such things are also an unavoidable bi-product of competition. Personally, i think we benefit more from that competition than we are hurt by exclusivity.

Past a certain point i do think it's a bit silly when people celebrate exclusivity, but likewise i don't think people should condemn the practice without considering why it exists. It's one of those 'you can't have your cake and eat it' situations.

Around the Network
zero129 said:

I honestly dont like exclusives unless they are made by a first party studio. I will always have this believe, cos i think for gaming to really explode exclusives or at least non 1st party eclusives have to go. I mean could you imagine if all movies where exclusive to one platform or another?. Sure the platform with the biggest movies would benefit but as a whole it wouldnt be doing much good.

Pretty much my stance has always been that unless the is a very good reason such as the hardware not being up to the task or it being a new studio that needs funding (But then times exclusivity works better imo like in this case) or something like that, that exclusives should only be kept 1st party.

I know not everyone is going to agree with that but it is my opinion on the subject.

I wasn't saying you should like them, in-fact i agree that in and of themselves they usually do little to benefit the consumer. I was just pointing out that they're an unfortunate bi-product of something important.

Zekkyou said:
zero129 said:
Roronaa_chan said:
Everything from TB is hilarious(ly bad)

Kinda like this joke and the whole thread right?.

I mean pointing fingers and laughing at a guy whos dying. I bet ye guys all feel so good.

Fact is platform exclusives does no good for anyone other then the fans of that system.

It's not quite that simple. Yes, a title being exclusive 'hurts' those that don't own the system it's exclusive too, but such things are also an unavoidable bi-product of competition. Personally, i think we benefit more from that competition than we are hurt by exclusivity.

Past a certain point i do think it's a bit silly when people celebrate exclusivity, but likewise i don't think people should condemn the practice without considering why it exists. It's one of those 'you can't have your cake and eat it' situations.

This is a fact of the industry. It's still a console driven business, so the console manufacturers still go out and spend on different types of exclusivity. 

The only way for exclusivity to go away is for there to no longer be any competition.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

All I can say is: WTH happened to the PC gaming community?!

I mean, I've been a PC gamer my whole life. I've been gaming on PC since before I could read. I built my first PC when I was 10.

I love building a cool machine. I love overclocking and tuning to get more performance out of my system. I love optimizing my PC's cooling to get it cooler and quieter. I even love fiddling around with graphics options to get the best out of my hardware. But most importantly: I love gaming.

However, despite my love for PC gaming I feel ashamed of the community nowadays. Most of the time I don't even want to out myself as a PC gamer anymore because it would mean associating with a bunch of elitist pricks. Many PC gamers seem to spend most of their time ridiculing consoles and belittling console gamers for daring to enjoy gaming on something else than a crazy-overpowered-$3000-monster-machine of a PC. Why don't you spend your time gaming on your "crazy-overpowered-$3000-monster-machine of a PC" instead of pestering the rest of the gaming community with your nonsense?! Everybody would be better off.

Sorry for the little rant but it's been bothering me for a while and after reading some of the typical pcmasterrace-posts I had to get it off my chest.

Oh... and a bit more on topic: It's a business - whoever pays, makes the rules. It can suck sometimes, but we'll just have to deal with it.

DeduS said:

All I can say is: WTH happened to the PC gaming community?!

I mean, I've been a PC gamer my whole life. I've been gaming on PC since before I could read. I built my first PC when I was 10.

I love building a cool machine. I love overclocking and tuning to get more performance out of my system. I love optimizing my PC's cooling to get it cooler and quieter. I even love fiddling around with graphics options to get the best out of my hardware. But most importantly: I love gaming.

However, despite my love for PC gaming I feel ashamed of the community nowadays. Most of the time I don't even want to out myself as a PC gamer anymore because it would mean associating with a bunch of elitist pricks. Many PC gamers seem to spend most of their time ridiculing consoles and belittling console gamers for daring to enjoy gaming on something else than a crazy-overpowered-$3000-monster-machine of a PC. Why don't you spend your time gaming on your "crazy-overpowered-$3000-monster-machine of a PC" instead of pestering the rest of the gaming community with your nonsense?! Everybody would be better off.

Sorry for the little rant but it's been bothering me for a while and after reading some of the typical pcmasterrace-posts I had to get it off my chest.

Oh... and a bit more on topic: It's a business - whoever pays, makes the rules. It can suck sometimes, but we'll just have to deal with it.

This is exactly my situation. I never minded PC fans and actually thought console fanboys were worse up until a few years ago where PC fanboys started becoming the worst. They pretty much became loud mouthed bullies out of no where and didn't stop. If someone doesn't see this they must not spend any time on other forums or videos on youtube where they are like rats infesting everything and bullying everything/everyone.

Around the Network
drdante said:

If being exclusive is double edged sword for you, then tell that to whoever that making Star Citizen, why choosing PC only? Why not go multiplatform?

This is the same question for other games exclusive to other systems, why not go multiplatform?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Nem said:

I agree its a perfectly good objective to want the best performance. But i dont agree with PCmasterrace. Consoles run your games without problems for many years a PC is a much more complicated machine that requires mantenance and upgrading. Its more time consuming and costly to mantain.
A console you turn on and you're playing. Theres no fuss. And time is money. Its a perfectly good objective to want the best entertainment value per available free time.

Therefore...no. PCmasterrace is delusional. Either one is an acceptable choice.

How is PC an acceptable choice though?, the way you just described it made it sound utterly pointles where only a super small handful of people would see it being viable.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

I can't believe this site anymore, I just can't. no matter what you say or do you cannot ever win if you game on a PC, that's the gist, you're either a scummy prickish elitist cunt who constantly plays the victim and is always wrong, that's the message this site gives me and likely will forever more.

I've never been so disgusted despite the fact that this site is always perpetuating wars between other systems and other people.

I love how this got turned into an US vs them simply because people wanted and willed it to be, that's how it;s always going to go on this site.

BasilZero said:
Nem said:

PC is a much more complicated machine that requires mantenance and upgrading. Its more time consuming and costly to mantain.

Its only complicated if you have been living under a rock and not know a single ounce about technology. Its the same case of the Wii and WiiU - people have no idea what they are looking at or buying.

You say PC requires upgrading and is costly as if consoles arent like that. Yeah sure, all those new consoles that come out every 5-7 years you have been getting it for free or the replacements for controllers and any peripherals that get damanged, you get those for free too. Not to mention that the prices for console version games are much more expensive due to the pull that Retail has and the amount of discounts/sales are far less than what you would see for something that is digital or through online DD.

If you look at the right places and at the right time for both consoles and for PC Parts - you can find them at a very low price and not the exaggerated amount most people brag/complain about.

Also there has been a lot more talk this gen of replacing internal hard drives, something which isn't a console like thing to do, some even try tinkering more with the systems and even try modifying them to boot.

I'm baffled about the sillyness

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."