By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

Man, some of you guys are really putting all your eggs in one basket...

Much as I'm looking forward to Horizon, it would have to beat the odds to top BotW both critically and commercially. Visually it's no contest, though.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Again getting reports from this place. So, last time folks! Stay on topic, quit Baiting/Derailing/Flaming/Trolling, or the thread gets closed with moderations to follow!

Please don't close it. Don't let my thread closed because of others. Thanks.

Goodnightmoon said:

Those were words from Tachikoma itself, who is an actual game developer that made an extensive analysis and argued why Ps3/x360 would be unable to run that game, but I guess you know more than her right?

For a game with such a giant scope on limited hardware XCX looks overall fantastic, I'm not making anything up.

True, WiiU is one step above the PS3 and Xbox 360 in terms of hardware, and those consoles managed skyrim, dragon age, and other large-scale games with ease, and still looks one step above XCX. My honest opinion though, HZD > Zelda BoTW > XCX

Anyways that is it, im out. I don't wanna derail the thread.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Miyamotoo said:

Technically Horizon Zero Dawn graphic is at least one gen in front Zelda BotW, but art style and actual beauty of graphic are subjective things, Zelda is looking beautiful while Horizon Zero Dawn graphics looks impressive it's not too different to some other modern games.

I really don't see how you can say that Horizon Zero Dawn is modern Zelda Ocarina of Time, Zelda OoT was revolution game and set standards for gaming industry alongside with Mario 64, while Horizon Zero Dawn at this point is just interesting new IP nothing more nothing less.

Talking about new Zelda, Zelda BotW is looking great in evry way, and has anything with previous Zeldas (Zelda Skyward Sword is also very different than previous Zeldas), expect maybe first Zelda on NES. There is a reasons why all reactions were great so far, game was easily most talked E3 game at socials media and won E3, and actually become one of most hyped Nintendo games ever.

On the contrary, artstyle can be objective. We have never seen anything like Horizon, have you? No different from which game?

While Zelda Botw is basically a cellshaded Skyward Sword on steroid which was itself an evolution of The Wind Waker artstyle, nothing new really. Same old, same old Zelda from Nintendo. We'll see about gameplay and fun when the games will be out but technically and artstyle-wise, Horizon is on another level. 

Anyways I was personnaly impressed by the gameplay and stuff shown on Zelda Botw videos. It's big, ambitious, plenty of new gameplay mechanics, it looks fun, I can't wait to play it, the gameplay looks much more interesting than the overrated Skyward Sword. The perfect adventure game would have the visuals and artstyle of Horizon + the gameplay of Zelda Botw. But the gameplay shown in Horizon looks good too, we'll see.

Ocarina of Tme had everything. Technically one of the most impressive game when it released, great artstyle (without artifice), innovative (3D) and interesting gameplay and super fun.

globalisateur said:
Miyamotoo said:

Technically Horizon Zero Dawn graphic is at least one gen in front Zelda BotW, but art style and actual beauty of graphic are subjective things, Zelda is looking beautiful while Horizon Zero Dawn graphics looks impressive it's not too different to some other modern games.

I really don't see how you can say that Horizon Zero Dawn is modern Zelda Ocarina of Time, Zelda OoT was revolution game and set standards for gaming industry alongside with Mario 64, while Horizon Zero Dawn at this point is just interesting new IP nothing more nothing less.

Talking about new Zelda, Zelda BotW is looking great in evry way, and has anything with previous Zeldas (Zelda Skyward Sword is also very different than previous Zeldas), expect maybe first Zelda on NES. There is a reasons why all reactions were great so far, game was easily most talked E3 game at socials media and won E3, and actually become one of most hyped Nintendo games ever.

On the contrary, artstyle can be objective. We have never seen anything like Horizon, have you? No different from which game?

While Zelda Botw is basically a cellshaded Skyward Sword on steroid which was itself an evolution of The Wind Waker artstyle, nothing new really. Same old, same old Zelda from Nintendo. We'll see about gameplay and fun when the games will be out but technically and artstyle-wise, Horizon is on another level. 

Anyways I was personnaly impressed by the gameplay and stuff shown on Zelda Botw videos. It's big, ambitious, plenty of new gameplay mechanics, it looks fun, I can't wait to play it, the gameplay looks much more interesting than the overrated Skyward Sword. The perfect adventure game would have the visuals and artstyle of Horizon + the gameplay of Zelda Botw. But the gameplay shown in Horizon looks good too, we'll see.

Ocarina of Tme had everything. Technically one of the most impressive game when it released, great artstyle (without artifice), innovative (3D) and interesting gameplay and super fun.

Beauty of art style is subjective. Horizon has realistic graphics, like most games on market, only what is different is game setting for graphics for that game.

We can say that Zelda BotW art style is evolution of WW and SS or combination of them, and regardless that again look much better, fresh and new, definitely not same old and old Zelda. Horizon Zero Dawn is only technically above Zelda BotW, and we already saw that gameplay and fun that Zelda BotW gave to players, all people who tried game had very positive reactions, there is reason why there was line and race for Zelda both at E3 and why Zelda won E3.

Again, art style and beauty of graphics are subjective, I like more Zelda BotW graphics, looks beautiful, fresh and totally different than majority of other games on market.

Well, there is reason why Zelda OoT is most critically acclaimed game ever, game was basically game changer for industry in right time in first generation of 3D games, OoT was almost perfect game when was relased in 98", hardly something similar will ever again repeat.

Saying all that, IMO Horizon Zero Dawn looks very impressive and interesting and I hope game itself will be good also, but reality is that there are very rare games that are on level on 3D Zelda games, especially when this Zelda looks like it will be one of the best Zeldas ever (maybe second best after Zelda OoT).

Around the Network

Just got back to this thread to find a war zone. Some of y'all need to grow up.

KLAMarine said:

An impossible feat here.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

deskpro2k3 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Those were words from Tachikoma itself, who is an actual game developer that made an extensive analysis and argued why Ps3/x360 would be unable to run that game, but I guess you know more than her right?

For a game with such a giant scope on limited hardware XCX looks overall fantastic, I'm not making anything up.

True, WiiU is one step above the PS3 and Xbox 360 in terms of hardware, and those consoles managed skyrim, dragon age, and other large-scale games with ease, and still looks one step above XCX. My honest opinion though, HZD > Zelda BoTW > XCX

and persona 5 not even open world and does looks like underwhelming compare to xenox 

persona 5 ps4

xenoblade x wii u

katakpisang said:
deskpro2k3 said:

and persona 5 not even open world and does looks like underwhelming compare to xenox 

persona 5 ps4

xenoblade x wii u

now that's not really fair, P5 is crossplatform with PS3 and PS4, and the anime art style works for it perfectly. XCX has nice screens, but the lighting, shadows, and texture is simplified and you can see it in my earlier post.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
KLAMarine said:

I have no idea what you're talking about...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---