By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

You know, after so many extremelly disappointing games that looked so ambitious and so good until they were released to show the world how painfully average they were you would think people will be more cautious with this kind of predictions, but not, some just never learn.

Drakrami said:
daredevil.shark said:
Man. Everyone is angry. But I think both games will have lots of commonness and entertain its market.

What do you expect.. Nintendo fans are hyping Zelda NX as the game that is going to save Nintendo much like how Neo is going to save everyone in Matrix. Any put down/let down, in their make-believe expectations like a post like this is going to cause an uproar. 

The irony is really strong here. People expecting a great game from one of the most excellent franchises in the history, made by one of the best videogames studios in the world and already praised for of all the media that was able to play it for hours, those people have only "make-believe" expectations.

However, people expecting the game of a franchise we don't know shit about, made by a very irregular studio that already dissapointed this gen and that nobody has played yet cause there was no playable version anywhere, to be one of the best game of the gen and better than the new Zelda, those people are the realists here. Sure.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:

The only thing Horizon will have over Zelda will be graphics and even that's a stylistic choice to be had. I feel that Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be 2017's Ocarina of Time, and that's something I didn't believe would happen when Eiji Aonuma claimed it himself but after seeing the breadth of the game, it's going to be unlike any Zelda game ever made. I bring that up because Ocarina of Time is still the best rated game of all time on Metacritic and I expect this to be at least a 96.

Nintendo has proven themselves with Zelda. The game will be highly reviewed. As for Horizon, this is coming from a company that has yet to prove itself and treads heavily on the Zelda principles and design aspects laid out before it. What I've seen from Horizon is a very linear experience with no conversation to be had after 100 people have played it. Unlike Breath of the Wild, everybody, more or less, had the same experience with the demo. To me, that's not very exciting.

Sales, since BotW is coming out on Wii U and NX, BotW might just pull ahead. The last Zelda game to have a dual release was Twilight Princess and it sold about 9 million units. Seeing that Horizon is PS4 exclusive, and not many exclusives get past 6 million... it would be a pretty bold statement to claim that Horizon, from a company that isn't well proven(outside the Killzone series), will outsell a game like say... Uncharted 4 which has only sold about 4-5 million units including digital. And uncharted 4 was hyped as hell, and rightfully so, it's an amazing game.

I haven't seen much in terms of marketing for Horizon. And Zelda, well, marketing for that is literally non existent but that's been true for almost every Zelda game. They'll have commercials around the time of release. So for me, Zelda BotW will at least sell 5 million units across NX and Wii U. Horizon being a new IP from an unproven company, I say 4 million at best. And if Youtube numbers are anything to go by, which most of the time they aren't, Zelda Breath of the Wild stands at 8,431,749 views with 5x the likes that Horizon has and Horizon Zero Dawn stands at 2,087,806 views with a 1 day head start over Zelda.

As for sales in terms of install base, yes, Horizon does benefit from having an install base 3-4x the size of the Wii U. But Nintendo's 1st party content sells really well on Wii U with Mario Kart 8 quickly approaching 8 million units. So if it was Wii U Zelda vs. PS4 Horizon, I'd say it'd be a close match with Horizon pulling ahead.

I've given my 2 cents. I'm going to end up playing both games to get a more concrete feel. I probably wont' be able to play them both as Horizon is set for February and Zelda probably march, and I'll be in full force an uni. But I'll get around to it. Horizon is a beautiful game, Zelda is a beautiful game. But I am going to root for Zelda because well...look at my currently playing list...I've been hit by the Zelda bug but that doesn't mean I can't give another game a chance and find what good it does have.

PS: Let's be more fair with Zelda's new clearer gifs:

Xenoblade X also had mouthwatering SS. The real game has pretty bad graphics. Videos are the key to proving graphics. 

Drakrami said:
Ljink96 said:

Xenoblade X also had mouthwatering SS. The real game has pretty bad graphics. Videos are the key to proving graphics. 

Yeah, I would post gifs or videos but they're taxing on people who have mobile devices or slow internet connections. Xenoblade X did look amazing as well, and you can tell staff from Monolith soft came to work on this game. But to stay on topic, both games look amazing, it's just a different art style used.

Drakrami said:
Ljink96 said:

No XCX doesn't have pretty bad graphics, they are beyond anything possible last gen on a game with such a scope.
And videos from this new Zelda show beautiful graphics, there are tons of them to look at.

Goodnightmoon said:
Drakrami said:

No XCX doesn't have pretty bad graphics, they are beyond anything possible in the last gen on a game with such a scope.
And videos from this new Zelda show beautiful graphics, there are tons of them to look at.

stop making things up, it looks bad. rushed even.

(comparison) E3 2013 x Direct 2015 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f5XlrwhXsw

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

While horizon does look like a good game, I say people should really hold back the hype. lots of disapointments this gen already. Not saying zelda isint getting to much hype as well, but zelda has prooven itself numerous time and they dont have a singe bad entry in the series. Just dial back your expectations a bit for both teams.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

deskpro2k3 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

No XCX doesn't have pretty bad graphics, they are beyond anything possible in the last gen on a game with such a scope.

stop making things up, it looks bad. rushed even...

Those were words from Tachikoma itself, who is an actual game developer that made an extensive analysis and argued why Ps3/x360 would be unable to run that game, but I guess you know more than her right?

For a game with such a giant scope on limited hardware XCX looks overall fantastic, I'm not making anything up.

(480p because Miiverse)

I expect Horizon to really give Zelda a run for its money as far as sales... mostly due to the crushing user base advantage. I still expect Zelda to be a world class AAA title. Horizon will be good too no doubt, but Nintendo is really on its game the most when it does Zelda.

deskpro2k3 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

stop making things up, it looks bad. rushed even.

(comparison) E3 2013 x Direct 2015 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f5XlrwhXsw

This is first time I seeing somebody saying XCX have bad and rushed graphic, yes it has bad NPC models, but other of that graphic is pretty good for size of game world, especially because running on Wii U.

As a fellow fanboy and to all other fanboys out there, BotW demo alone looked better than SS as a whole (excluding boss fights as we didnt see that much)

To all my fanboys that are haters. Can we all just get along? To all my nintendo only lovers, cant you all just pick Horizon over LoZ you biased fucks?

:p

Edit: damn didnt see that last post. Srry