By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Independence Day: Resurgence Trailer

AbbathTheGrim said:
Porcupine_I said:
They can't be coming back. Their entire civilization had been destroyed.

Whoever is coming now is not coming back because the ones who were here last time never left.

There were what appeared to be some settlements of those aliens on Earth in the trailer so you may be right.

However, there's the big spaceship near the end of the trailer and that one seems to be invading the planet.

Sure, but they are still not coming back, these must be entierly new ones who are coming. 

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

This is a movie that's only remotely interesting to people because of nostalgia goggles. The first Independence Day was amazing when I was kid, but mediocre when I saw it again. I don't expect anything else from this one, to be honest.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I didn't realize people had such emotional attachment to the first one. To me it was an special effects film seeing stuff get blown up, but the characters were all fairly forgettable and the story was a twist on War of the Worlds, which was okay, except hacking alien technology was bit of a stretch.

I'll be curious if this does well and how things have changed given how global film markets are now (by that I mean won't be rest of world sitting around for Americans to figure it out).

the first was an absolute classic. the lack of will smith is disappointing though.

Holly s**t it's happening .

After a few months you'll recive my graphic response since Now I'm just hyped, Independence Day is one of my all time favourite movies...

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:

Sure, but they are still not coming back, these must be entierly new ones who are coming. 

You mean an entire new species of aliens? Interesting bet, but I don't see why you take that from the trailer? Maybe because the spaceships look different? It could be new spaceships with changes to adapt to the previous defeat.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
Porcupine_I said:

You mean an entire new species of aliens? Interesting bet, but I don't see why you take that from the trailer? Maybe because the spaceships look different? It could be new spaceships with changes to adapt to the previous defeat.

In the Trailer he says "They are coming back" and i think that's wrong for him to say in that context. He should be saying something like "There are more of them" or "More of them are coming"

But in the last movie they also said it is their "entire civilization" that travelled on that Mothership and they were all destroyed.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:

In the Trailer he says "They are coming back" and i think that's wrong for him to say in that context. He should be saying something like "There are more of them" or "More of them are coming"

But in the last movie they also said it is their "entire civilization" that travelled on that Mothership and they were all destroyed.

I can only speculate about that. But I suppose they will explain this, otherwise: plothole!

AbbathTheGrim said:
COKTOE said:

That scene with the dog was, for me, emblamatic of all i didn't like about the movie. That dog should have been vaporized, and i hope it's rotting in hell.

Enjoy!

This looked so insanely bad...

walsufnir said:

This looked so insanely bad...

Is not that bad actually, considering the movie was from 1996.