By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Independence Day: Resurgence Trailer

Loved the first movie back when I was a kid and it's still one of my favorites today. Hopefully they do a good job with this.

Around the Network

The first one was great at the time. It was a 90's take on the classic 50's alien invasion type of movies but it has not aged well over time. So much of that movie has become cliched as hell, thanks mostly to it's own director. This one is looking and sounding like every other science fiction movie to be released over the last decade.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

I loved the first one and so I will definitely go see Resurgence. I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of Will Smith, but at least they got Goldblum back. Honestly, after 20 years I wasn't sure if they were just going to go with an all-new cast but I am happy to see that they got so many to come back.

imdb says that Brent Spiner is back which I thought was a typo seeing as how his character had is neck snapped in the first one.

All in all, I am cautiously excited.

not bad. will watch it, but i doubt ill go to the cinema to watch it, unless its really good.

btw it was great how they used the speach from the first one in this trailer. 

An obvious must watch, regardless of quality. But that trailer was not very good; I'm really tired of all trailer being made in the exact same way, the merciless fade to black, percussion of the score matching impacts in the action of the imagery and all the close-up faces with about three different variations of emotional output.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
An obvious must watch, regardless of quality. But that trailer was not very good; I'm really tired of all trailer being made in the exact same way, the merciless fade to black, percussion of the score matching impacts in the action of the imagery and all the close-up faces with about three different variations of emotional output.

I totally get you, that style is very popular for movie trailers.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

They can't be coming back. Their entire civilization had been destroyed.

Whoever is coming now is not coming back because the ones who were here last time never left.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
They can't be coming back. Their entire civilization had been destroyed.

Whoever is coming now is not coming back because the ones who were here last time never left.

There were what appeared to be some settlements of those aliens on Earth in the trailer so you may be right.

However, there's the big spaceship near the end of the trailer and that one seems to be invading the planet.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Oh my god, can't wait for this, the first one, was the first movie i were seeing in cinema

Goldblum is great to see. But where's Will Smith?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix