By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Rumour) Rise of the Tomb Raider sells less than 200k in November (U.S.)

Xenostar said:
AsGryffynn said:

Forgot to mention but, the vast majority of gamers will play it for free at some point...

how?

Obviously he thinks the game will be a PS+ game at some time.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:

how?

Obviously he thinks the game will be a PS+ game at some time.

They release lower budget titles there...

AsGryffynn said:
Xenostar said:

how?

Games with Gold. At the rate it goes, they'll eventually cycle through the whole inventory...

So not free then

I honestly love that this game is falling far short of sales expectations... I found it a little ridiculous that the franchise stabbed the Playstation (aka the series of consoles that have most supported said franchise) in the back, but much more than that, I wish gloom and doom upon every "timed exclusive".

That practice needs to die lol, I hope this is a significant enough failure to dissuade them and others from doing it again... But somehow no one loses their job over it as I'd feel like a dick for writing this.

Johnw1104 said:
I honestly love that this game is falling far short of sales expectations... I found it a little ridiculous that the franchise stabbed the Playstation (aka the series of consoles that have most supported said franchise) in the back, but much more than that, I wish gloom and doom upon every "timed exclusive".

That practice needs to die lol, I hope this is a significant enough failure to dissuade them and others from doing it again... But somehow no one loses their job over it as I'd feel like a dick for writing this.

I wonder how hard of a time MS is going to have getting timed exclusives after this. This was a huge bomb pretty much every franchise puts themselves at risk now signing any sort of exclusivity with MS. MS better hope this game turns around and does amazing on the rest of the systems that way devs  will feel like it's less of a risk.

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
AsGryffynn said:
Xenostar said:

how?

Games with Gold. At the rate it goes, they'll eventually cycle through the whole inventory...

So not free then

Free for everyone who owns a XONE... I literally don't know a XONE owner who has no XBL Gold membership.

A XONE without XBL is like a computer without internet...

December 5th in the US. sales are not looking good
This will definitely be on games for gold and ps plus in a few years. Hopefully the ip isn't too damaged to get a proper sequel.

OneKartVita said:
This will definitely be on games for gold and ps plus in a few years. Hopefully the ip isn't too damaged to get a proper sequel.

No, I doubt it's that far gone... the multiplat launch and a PC port will stretch her legs...

AsGryffynn said:
OneKartVita said:

No, I doubt it's that far gone... the multiplat launch and a PC port will stretch her legs...

No need, Lara's legs are long enough.

AsGryffynn said:
OneKartVita said:

I said in a few years